Morning Sunlight

Coffee Shop Oneshots

Jung Daehyun would always act tough around friends and basically everywhere. Even to girls, but there was this one girl that made him show off his true colours. She was short and slightly chubby; she had a normal body with baby fat.  This one girl would always wear jeans and a t-shirt, her dark brown hair was let down and she only had her hair in a ponytail at work.  She was different from every other girl that Daehyun ever saw.

He never talked to her, because he was too shy. Daehyun would always observe her from afar, he would watch how she’d smile, laugh and talk to people. The short brunette worked in a coffee shop near Daehyun’s apartment. It was a habit for Daehyun to go to the small coffee shop every morning. He liked to drink coffee in the morning really. Daehyun never thought that the girl noticed him or noticed how he watched her. The brunette noticed everything from how he’d steal glances towards her or how he always appeared at the coffee shop at 8 o’clock in the morning, or how he’d always order a cappuccino with extra milk, or even how he smiled. She noticed everything really, her herself really liked the man.

From the moment that she looked into his beautiful eyes she was captivated. She wanted to know him better, maybe even date him, but her insecurities and doubts stopped her from doing so. That’s why she would just silently observe him every morning.  It was weird for her co-workers because they all noticed how they’d look at each other and never speak. It was cute at first, but then it was just starting to get annoying. That is why they forced the poor shy girl to talk to the dark haired man. Of course she was stubborn at first but soon gave in and slowly walked towards the man who was patiently waiting at his usual spot.

˝H-Hi. What would you like?˝ You already know he wants a cappuccino with extra milk, She mentally slapped herself for both stuttering and knowing what he wanted.

Daehyun was surprised at first, but still replied; ˝Uhhh I’d like to have a cappuccino with extra milk and a chocolate donut.˝ You never even ate them! He thought to himself and only gave the girl a small shy smile.

The girl only nodded and rushed behind the counter and make the coffee. She was always the one making coffees and taking orders really. Sometimes she would fangirl at herself mainly because Daehyun drank her coffee and gave compliments.  

After that day she had more courage and always went to take his order and Daehyun liked it… a lot. That’s why he asked her out one day, well he didn’t ask her, but wrote her a note before he left the coffee shop. He also wrote down his phone number.

Later that night the shy girl was thinking of either calling him or just texting him, so she texted him. Their first date was awkward, because they were both shy and didn’t know what to say, but as they continued to date they opened up more and had a lot of fun.

That was when he realized that she was his morning sunlight, the soul reason why he wakes up every morning. He loved to wake up and see her, she was the sun in his life, but what matters the most was that he loved her with her whole heart. 


Sorry for not updating for so long, I hope you like this chapter and I'll try and update sooner this time :D