One

Betrayal of my Heart

Chanyeol was eagerly finishing up work because just outside the reception, his girl Anna was waiting. He stretched his neck and arms, hurrying to finish up the document. He keyed in the last few words and hit the send button, shutting down the pc. The rest had left, Chanyeol wanted to turn in early today but the paperwork was needed ASAP.

 

He was packing his things when he heard sobs coming from outside. The only other person in the office was his girlfriend. 

 

Park Chanyeol rushed to her, abandoning the task at hand because in all the time he spent with Anna, he’s never once heard her cry. 

 

~

 

His name flashed across her screen along with a picture she stole off his SNS, he had that infamous darkness in his eyes. Anna was surprised to receive his phone call tonight. "Hello?" She answered casually, trying not to assume things before he says it himself. 

 

"I did it, Bree" his tone was intentional, it? there was only one thing he could be referring to. But no, it couldn't. She'd refuse to believe it.  

 

"What? You've finally fallen for someone else?" She joked miserably, they both knew that was out of the question. She got off her seat, pacing uncomfortably from anxiety. 

 

"How can I fall in love?" He didn't expect an answer. "Bree," he used that same tone, it scared her. More than just a little. Fear, she didn't know why, was starting to spread within her. "Bree.. 5 ing million. I did it." 

 

It was a lie. He wasn't able to come up with that kind of money but he decided that he couldn't take it any longer, the years of pain. He wasn't strong enough. 

 

"Tao, no." She didn't know what to say. This time, she really couldn't muster anything. "Please" thoughts in her head were tangled, Anna didn't know what to do. "Where are you?" Should she call a friend to get to him? She repeated his name over and over, begging him to stay. 

 

Being so far away from home really doesn't make the situation better. She really, desperately wanted to hold him, to tell him everything would pass. Even if it takes two more damned years. Anything but this. 

 

"Listen Bree," Tao stood at the edge of the highest building he could access this time of night. "I can't explain.." There was no fear in his voice. Anna was terrified, that he really wasn't afraid to die. "I just wanted to hear your voice one last time." 

 

"Bree.. Thank you for everything." Anna pressed on the end button five too many times. She held the phone to her heart, she couldn't handle this. Anna didn't want to hear a man kill himself. 

 

Immediately, she regretted ending the call. She felt as if she was his last hope. Perhaps she could save this man. Maybe he need to tell her his will. She cursed at herself, for being unnecessarily thoughtful. 

 

Vibrations came in between her thoughts, she wiped her damped cheeks. When did she cry?  Anna answered her phone again, she hardly rejected people. "Tao.." What was she to say? "Tao.." She bit her lip hard so he wouldn't hear her cry. 

 

"You're so beautiful." Tao found himself smiling, it was really a rare sight. "The man who gets to be yours is a very, very lucky person." He frowned a little at that, unable to completely comprehend what led him to be saying so. 

 

"Please...just" Anna couldn't stop him. Anna stood there, sobbing helplessly. She called out his name once more, as if it were enough for him to reconsider everything just for her. 

 

"Bree..." He trailed off very fast. It was followed by a gush of wind. Anna didn't understand what was happening on the other end until a few seconds later, she heard a crash followed by a deafening dial tone. The line was dead. 

 

Anna fell to her knees and sobbed uncontrollably. She scream from pain that her heart felt. The heaviness was far too much to bear. 

 

Chanyeol ran from his office to where Anna was, the scream she let out made him wonder if she was hurt anywhere. "Sweetie?" He scanned the place but there was no perpetrator, no insect, nothing. He kneeled next to her, checking for cuts or bruises. "Anna?" He crooned her name, asking for her to tell him what was wrong. 

 

She couldn't say it. Saying it out loud would mean to admit that it was real, that it happened. Anna couldn't deny it either, she could only weep on behalf of a lost soul. She clung to her boyfriend, shaking her head, unable to describe the pain and the loss. 

 

Chanyeol didn't push it any further, he left pecks on her ear and hushed her. He told her again and again how everything would be fine. She had him in her life, he ensured her. Chanyeol tried, he couldn't quite hit it right because she refused to tell him why she was like this. 

 

Rather than refusal, it was just too painful. 

 

Have you ever had a friend who lost purpose in life. So much so that he believed that there was no point in living. Have you found yourself helpless, every time someone says they wanna die? Did you ever have to watch someone you cared for end his life?

 

Everything she has tried. All those hours over the phone, all the care and heart she put into helping him move on felt like it was all wasted. 

 

And all she did was cry stupidly over a phone call that could have saved his life. 

Anna blamed herself. 

Anna blamed herself.   

~-~-~

 

Note: 

thoughts? I'm sure you know this out but Anna & Bree are the same person if you can figure out her name in full I'll give you CANDY or.. just a thumbs up. It's not that hard really. I don't want to go too much into descriptions so that I can let the story tell itself but if anyone is confused, let me know. Maybe I can fill in the gaps.

EXO IN HONG KONG T_T << I feel like leaving time marks like this leave a sense of closeness within a fandom. Like, OMG I spazzed that too :')