A Helping Hand

Love me NOT!!

 

 
"It's been a while" Ju Yin said as she while walked in to her room. She placed her luggage on the floor, and sat on her bed. She closed her eyes for a moment and laid down in bed. She took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling. The memories overflood her.
 
------
Flashback:
 
"Dad, I miss you so much! I really did." She said with a forced smile while looking at his father. 
His father frowned as he walked through the dorm. " Principal Haha has decided to give you a 10 day in school suspension."
 
"Really?!" She was definitely excited about it, but not her father. Her father turned around and met her gaze, and then he suddenly slapped her across the fac, causing her to break in tears. Her hands were shaking.
 
She felt her legs go weak, but remained standing. She wiped her tears away with the back of her own hand and fiercely looked at him. 
"You know? I would rather give everything I have only to be you! But it's you, who don't see it that way!" She growl.
"I haven't seen you in months! Do you know how much I practice for the talent show?! I bet you don't!" 
 
Her father felt the urge to apologize to her but remained silent. "I only need a father. I don't need anything but you," she said with a gentle smile.
Her father bit his upper lip as he said, "I know you need me but I need you to understand that everything I do is only for your own good. I only want you to have the best of the best. What you did in the talent show, was not the right thing to do. I understand what you felt, and I'm sorry, but that is not how ladies behave," he looked away , "therefore I'm going to decline all of your credit cards, and you are no longer going to France with me!" 
 
"But father?!" Why? Am I not going with you?! You promised! You promised!" She said in a cracking voice.
"I'm sorry," her father said, "but that's the price you have to pay for your actions." He moved his head to avoid her gaze and while trying to hold back tears, he turned around and walked away.
She fell on her knees as she cried her heart out.
 
End of flashback
-----
 
She took a long deep breath and sat up. She carefully grabbed a picture that was on her nightstand on the right side of the bed, and smiled bitterly.  
 
Back to Hyun Joong's house.
 
 
Hyun Joong walked into his empty, darkened room, and found his funeral suit hanging there, in wait. As he started to change his clothes, thoughts of his father came flooding back – his sweet smiles.
 
He lets himself cry a little, but he forced tears back as soon as he heard someone knocking at his door.
 
"It's me time to go" Dae Woong said.
"I'm comming!" He muttered.
 
----
 
Even the sky is cried over Hyun Joong's sorrow. Everybody has left already, and it's only him and the lonely cemetery at sight. 
Lost in thought, he sat by his father's grave and grabbed a white rose.
 
Unconsciously he squeezed the rose until his hand bleed.
 
"The more you hurt yourself, the more your angel cries," he turned and saw a beautiful girl with chubby cheeks and a beautiful smile smile across her face. He was wearing a white dress and was holding a yellow umbrella on her right hand.
 
"You were so lost in thought...that you didn't even notice me here, under the poring raining, holding this umbrella for you" she said and gave him a soft and loving smile.
 
 
"Oh you were? How long how you've been here?" Hyun Joong asked with a confused look on his face.
 
She took a deep breath and looked away "a while...a while" she muttered as she looked at the sky, "do you know? People say that when one dies, you became an angel to your loved ones, the ones left behind. That angel" she said as she pointed at the grave next to him, "is going to look after you from now and on. He will be your guardian angel. He will never leave your side." She smiled.
 
He stared, intently, at her and suddenly pulled her for an embrace.
 
She was surprised by his actions and although she thought he was nuts, for hugging a stranger, she couldn't bring herself to pull him away.
 
Hyun Joong started to cry inconsolably, and between sobs he wailed that his father was everything to him.
 
She felt a piercing pain through her heart. She didn't know why, but deep inside she felt the urge, the need to hug him back.
 
She didn't know the reason why, it was a strange feeling indeed, but she knew that he needed her. She placed both arms around his waist, and hugged him as tightly and as gently possible. They stayed for a long while in each others arm letting the rain wash the pain away.
 
"Thank you for today!" Hyun Joong said as he put his black blazer on the girl's shoulders.
"No, no problem..." she blushed as she felt the warmth of his blazer on her back. 
 
Hung Joong wanted to asked her what was she doing at the cemetery, but he simply couldn't bring himself to ask her.
"I came to see mom" she muttered.
"My...mom passed away, when I was a little baby...and although I do not remember her, I still come to visit her in times of need."
 
She could see his troubled face, so she let their footsteps to do the talking instead.
 
 
"Well... I have to go! Or else my dad will kill me for sure!" she said as she forced a smile on her face.
"Why are you saying that?" He asked.
"Well, to tell you the truth...I sneaked out of the house...I was supposed to stay at home...because of what I did at school...but I didn't" she said while scratching the back of her head.
 
"What did you do?" He asked curiously.
 
"It's a secret!" She winked at him.
 
"I got to go!" She waved at him, and started to walk faster.
 
 
Hyun Joong didn't know why, but he unconsiously grabbed her hand and asked for her name.
 
"My name is Yu Jin...Kim Ju Yin!" She said.
He looked intrigued with what he thought was a familiar name but he brushed it off as he told her, his name. "Hyun Joong, my name is Kim Hyun Joong" he said.
 
Nice to meet you "Hyun Joong-ssi." Then she took a pen out of her purse and grabbed his hand. She wrote down her phone number on his hand.
"This is my phone number," she said, "make sure to call me whenever you feel lonely, ok?" She exclaimed in a demanding yet sweet voice.
 
"Alright!" He said and smiled brightly at her.
 
Then, she turned around and walked away.
 
She stopped a block away from him, and waved at him.
He waved back. Then she took off and ran away.
Hyun Joong's smile started to fade away once he realized that the girl he just met is the daughter of his worst enemy, Kim Sung Kap. 
 
He sinked into confusion.
 
 
After a while, he came back to his senses. He smirked evilly and looked at his hand.
 
 
Flashback
 
-----
 
"...and although I still do not understand why he did what he did...here the person behind your father's misfortune is the successful fashion entrepreneur, Kim Sung Kap."
 
He looks through the papers.
 
..."interesting..." He said while looking at a specific paper..."I have finally found my target..." Hyun Joong
grinned.
Dae Woong puzzled asked "what is it?"
 
"Kim Yu Jin, the only daughter of Kim Sung Kap" Hyun Joong said with a frivolous smile on his face.
 
End of flashback 
 
 
Note: I'm changing the "school" concept of the story to a boarding school. :)