Date 21: Hawaii Day 3

90 Dates - Book 2 of a Trilogy

 

Date 21: Hawaii Day 3

 


“What’s wrong?” Jiyong squeezed Dara’s hand tighter as they made their way to the docks near their hotel. She gave him a tight-lipped smile and shook her head.


“Just… be ready for the opulence. One last time.”


“You don’t have to warn me. I told you, I’m good.”


“I know, but…” She flashed him another smile and shrugged.


The gravel crunched as their black luxury car pulled up to the opening of the dock pier and Ji knew which one was theirs the moment he stepped out of the car.


“That one,” he said with a laugh, pointing to the largest yacht - two stories, and at least twnety feet larger than any other around them. She sheepily nodded her head.


“They have really great sashimi.”


“I bet!” He laughed as he swung an arm around her. “Let’s go.”



The yacht echoed the interior design of the Park’s private jet – simple, crisp, opulent, but modernized and contemporary. Not gawdy in the slightest, but elegant in its decadence. Hues of white, beige, and dark brown resonated through every room. He took in the luxury lounge – complete with a couch that seemed to be ten feet long, deep mahogany side tables, and a large flat screen tv among other electronics.


He made sure to keep a very small smile on the entire time he surveyed his surroundings. In truth, he really wasn’t as taken aback as he was on her private jet. This was just the kind of life she led.


“Like it, Mr. Kwon?”


“A little simple, isn’t it?” He grinned as he swept her into a kiss, lifting her off her feet and twirling her around.


“Ahem,” he stopped mid-turn and whirled around to find a handsome man in a crisp white button up and matching trousers. “Hey Dara, so nice to see you again.”


“Hong Jun!” She leaped toward him and into a fierce hug. “Jiyong, this is Park Hong Jun. His dad used to head our yachts when I was younger. I’ve known him since we were…. Three?” She laughed with him at the memories they seemed to share together. “He took over for his dad about three years ago.”


“Hey, Kwon Jiyong.” He began to bow but stopped abruptly when Hong Jun’s hand shot out for a handshake.


“Oh… sorry. Been overseas for a while. Got used to just shaking hands,” He chuckled as Jiyong took him in for one. “And you can call me Teddy.”


Dara wrapped her arms around Jiyong again, just as the green monster in him began rearing its ugly head. Teddy was definitely very…. very handsome. Dara began rubbing Jiyong’s back as if to ease his misplaced worries.


“Okay guys, I’ll be taking to all the way to-“ Dara cleared very conspicuously and Jiyong caught her sending him a glare before shaking her head slightly. “Okay, secret.” Teddy chuckled. “I’ll be taking you out to go jet-skiing. They’re currently loaded on the back of the craft and we’ll be there in about half an hour. Until then, I’ll send someone from the food crew out to whip you up something good."


Jiyong smiled and thanked him before he headed to the sofa nearby and plopped down.


“My bad,” he overheard Teddy whisper to her in perfect English.


“It’s fine.” She laughed as she pushed him out of the room.



“You have a wii,” Jiyong eyed the black game console.


“Yeah… do you want to play?”


“Are you ready to get your beat in virtual tennis?!” He leaped up and ran over to turn it on, throwing a control over his shoulder for her. She couldn’t help but laugh – playful, childish Jiyong – just like he was at Lotte World. It was a rare sight.


The game sounded its familiar tink a link intro and Jiyong jumped up and down in anticipation.


After the great struggle of creating characters for themselves, constantly yelling at each other that they were making themselves more attractive then they deserved, they began.


Jiyong crushed her in the first match, running around the lounge, grunting, and heaving like he was in a real tennis match while Dara had a hard time keeping her focus on the screen because she was doubling over in laughter so often.


After his win was announced on screen, he crossed his arms and gave her his best haughty look.


“How do you like that, Ms. Park?!”


“I let you win that one.”


His mouth fell open, cutely like a child, before he turned toward the screen to start a new game. “Fine. Let’s do this again then. You game?!”


“Game!”


And they were off on a second match, Dara grunting, heaving, and swinging from left to right just as Jiyong was. They were so enraptured in the game that they’d totally ignored the kitchen crewhands who’d come in and placed a feast on the dining table behind them – fresh sashimi, abalone, king crab, oysters, and shrimp.


Dara dominated the second match while Jiyong waved her off and clutched his side, complaining of an imaginary cramp.


“I gave that one to you, Park!”


“Again then? You wanna prolong your misery, Kwon?”


“Oh, do not get so cocky after one win, Park!” He waved his control at her.


“You game or what?” She poked him in the chest with hers, sweat now dripping from both of their foreheads.


“Game!”



Teddy’s announcement that they’d reached their destination fell on deaf ears as the two played like it was the match of a lifetime. Both swung the controller so hard it almost flew out of their hands multiple times, if not for the safety strap keeping the room around them safe.


At match point, Jiyong sent Dara a wide-shot she wasn’t quick enough to catch and threw his hands up in victory, much like his character on screen.


“I won! I won!” He breathed, leaping and blowing kisses at an imaginary crowed while Dara slumped onto the couch beside them with a playful scowl.


“I got you next time, Kwon.”


“I-“


“You guys are cute,” a voice said from the entrance and both turned to find Teddy beaming at them. “Real cute.”


“Oh… are we there?” Dara’s eyes moved from the entrance to the dining table to see the food that had gone cold, still watering.


“Been here for ten minutes,” he laughed and nodded toward the table. “Have something to eat before we head out. We don’t want you losing steam out there. But don’t eat too much either… Dara.”


“Yeah, yeah.” She headed toward the table and sunk into a chair, digging into the sashimi and king crab at the same time.




After a delicious lunch, they headed out toward the jet skiis, fastened tightly into their life jackets. Dara swung her leg over and climbed on like a natural while Jiyong eyed it a couple moments before mirroring her actions.


“Wow Ji, you’ve done this before?” Teddy asked with a smile as a crewhand checked both their skiis to make sure they would run smoothly.


“Nah, never.” He shrugged and chuckled at Dara’s smug smile.


After receiving safety instructions, a thorough go-around of the different controls, how to emergency break and what to do if the ski somehow runs out of their control – the coupe revved their engines and grinned at each other.


“Ready, Kwon?”


“As I’ll ever be,” he winked and sped off before her, sending a wave crashing over the side of the boat and sprinkling on to her. She laughed and revved after him, amazed at his ability to zig zag effortlessly, like he was an expert.


They slid over the water, spraying at each other as they went, laughing as they raced around the amazing clear blue water. Just as Jiyong thought he was going to crush Dara again in their little race, Dara sped up and circled him quickly, engulfing him in a huge wave of water that knocked him off his ski.


Dara approached slowly, unable to breath from laughing so hard.


“You okay, jagi?”


He spit some water out with a smile as he climbed back on. “I’ll get you back for that,” but before he could even finish, she was racing back to boat and out of his sight. He thundered after her, but didn’t have enough juice to catch up and he pouted at her triumphant expression waiting for him when he got back to the boat.


“I think we’re 2-2 now. Right, Kwon?” She winked at him as she sat down and let her legs dangle off the side of the yacht.


“You wanna ride with me?” He asked softly, surprising even himself. It was like he was sixteen again and he was asking the girl of his dreams out to a ride around the neighborhood. She looked up at him, the same innocence in his voice echoing in her eyes, and nodded.


“I’d like that.”


He turned the ski toward the boat so she could hop on. She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his back, smiling at the comfort of his solid frame.


He revved up, spraying the back of the boat again, and Dara hung on tighter, squealing as they shot forward. She watched below at the unbelievably clear water sprinkling over her and tightened her grip around him. The world seemed to fall away as he took the lead and she felt safe, like everything was okay as long as he was there, solid as a rock with her.


They took a few more laps around before they headed back to the boat and collapsed onto the deck.


“I am going to be so sore tomorrow,” Jiyong groaned as he stretched and undid his safety jacket.


“Mhmm..” Dara grabbed his hand and heaved him up before leading him into the dining room. “Dinner time, Jagi.”


They entered the luxury lounge to find an amazing spread and they both plopped down with a sigh before digging in, their appetites absolutely ravenous.




After exploring more of the yacht by himself, Jiyong came onto the deck to find Dara staring out into the sunset, arms wrapped around herself. He embraced her from behind and planted a kiss on her nape.


“Are we heading back soon, jagi?”


“Nope,” She shook her head and leaned into him. “We’re spending the night here.”


“Hm? Why?” He placed kiss on the other side of her neck, making her shiver.


“Are you calling me to bed, Mr. Kwon?” She murmured with a small smile, eyes closed.


“C’mon, D.” He grabbed her hand and led her back into the boat, eyes growing deliciously dark.





When Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open, the crisp morning sun blurring his surroundings, he reached out to find an empty bed again. He grumbled and got up sheepishly, his limbs and muscles definitely very sore from the day before. He threw on a hoodie and searched the yacht, yawning to himself and smiling to the crewhands he ran into along the way.


He found her on the deck again, staring out into the distance as they approached another harbor. She turned and smiled at him, an envelope in her hands. He placed a soft kiss on her lips and quietly thanked her for the night she’d given him and wrapped his arms around her in the new morning light.


“Here, Ji.” She held the envelope up to him with a smile. It had DAY THREE written on it in her familiar swirly lettering.


“Wait… where are we, D?” He looked around him as he pulled the envelope from her hand.


“Maui,” she smiled and winked. He squinted at her, a huge smile pulling at his lips at another amazing surprise from her as he opened the envelope and read it aloud.


“Flea market and Luau.”

 

 

---written by dolcevittaa---

 

 


A/N: What their yacht is premised off of ↓

Bonus just to help you imagine it a bit more, Dara in a lifejacket and on a jet ski! ^^

 

And of course, since this is DATE 21, this chapter's dedicated to the lovely girls of 2NE1! And Teddy Park, keke.