Of Spiderman and Grand Pianos

Give Me Love

Luhan had been watching the two for some time now. He'd been given very vague profiles of the pair he had chosen. Everyone had told him not to, that he wouldn't be able to do it. But he'd gained hope. The two had shown signs of at least 'like', amongst the clear hatred, and Luhan wanted to do something about it. Being granted the permission to start work, after giving a somewhat lengthy speech about why he should be allowed to start this job. He had reconsidered a few times, but being the stubborn cupid he was, he had stuck to his plan, shadowing the two for a couple of weeks. He hadn't gotten very far, since studying both of them managed to make him jumble up the twos traits. 

Being layed down with simply their names, ages and occupations was never a great start. The cupid database wasn't completely full, and so still has numerous gaps in its systems, often leaving files without the full information. That just meant more work for Luhan, which was probably the easiest part of the job.

---

The air was cold as ice. The tension almost unbearable for everyone within a ten metre radius. And especially for the two who had been made to sit next to each other in their only class together. The smaller carried on looking forward with his pen clenched in his hand, tight enough for it to be bound ot leave marks once he released it from his grip. He could feel the eyes on him. Neither of them particularly enjoyed this situation, but one was finding it somewhat amusing.

"I'm Cha-" The taller began to introduce himself, only to be cut off by the smaller raising his hand, eyes glued to their teacher. Chanyeol pressed his lips into a thin line, eyes moving to look at their teacher as he turned, raising his eyebrows at Baekhyun as he waited for him to speak.

"May I be seated somewhere else." He said once the teacher turned to look at him, giving a simple shake of his head before turning back to the white board, continuing to write down the agenda for the lesson, making him groan and press the palms of his hands against the table he now shared.

The taller decided to try again, knowing they wouldn't be able to go through a whole year without interaction; surely they'd be made to work together at some point. "I'm Chanyeo-" he said, cut off for a second time, making him press his lips into a thin line again, fists clenching under the table as he tried to calm himself down.

"I know who you are." The shorter, clearly having a short fuse, said quickly. "Park Chanyeol. Typical comic book nerd. Has a fondness for rodents. Detests classical music... I could go on." He muttered, not looking at the other once as he spoke, simply playing with the pen in his hands as he waited for some sort of snarky comeback. 

"And you," Chanyeol sighed, sitting back in his seat. "Byun Baekhyun. Musical prodigy. Some sort of for the grand piano in room 3b. Hates comic books. Same here; I could go on." He said, not even taking into account that he knew such things about the boy beside him.

The two sat in silence for a moment before Baekhyun took out his rather large notebook. Looking over his shoulder as he opened it, Chanyeol frowned, only to see it was sheet music, seemingly hand written by Baekhyun himself, along with lyrics to accompany the notes. "What's that?" He asked, without reeally thing, his eyes glued to the page before it was flipped to a blank sheet faster than he could read the title.

The smaller turned to stare him in the eye, giving him a glare. "It's none of your business, Park." he said sternly, turning his head back to the sheets and opting for his pencil as he began to jot down a melody, humming it under his breath as he worked, as good as ignoring both the teacher and Chanyeol, though the latter was more difficult. Especially with the hot breath on his neck.

---

It was as if angels were singing and harps were playing when the bell rang to signal the end of class. Baekhyun, being the first to have packed up and left, headed straight towards his piano. "I don't have a ." He muttered, a somewhat late reaction to what the other had said. Pushing the door open, a grin sprung to his face as he closed the door behind him and walked over to the one thing that tended to make him happy. Settling on the black bench, he brought out his notebook and set it on the sheet stand, opening it to the newly written part of his latest composition, fingers already running over the keys as if the action were a second nature.

Not completely happy with the results of his piece, the pianist brought his notebook down and rubbed out a few of the notes, rewriting the piece.

---

Elsewhere, Chanyeol was sat, turning the thin pages of a comic, smiling to himself and having to contain his chuckles at the words on the page, while waiting for the few friends he had managed to obtain. Feeling a tap on his shoulder, the lanky boy almost jumped, looking up to meet the gaze of one of his friends, a smile reaching his lips again. "Jongin." He said, patting the seat beside him before the other took note and sat, looking down at the comic. 

"You're reading that one again?" The other said, a little disappointed. "You've read it at least five times already..." he mumbled, taking out his lunch and beginning to eat, a frown on his face at his friend's lack of taste recently. "And last time you were reading that one you first read. I can't even tell you how many times you've read that."

He ignored Jongin's remarks, not caring one bit for his opinion. The taller couldn't help but feel like he was being watched, though, by someone other than Jongin, the eyes almost feeling as though they were piercing the skin on the back of his neck.

---

Outside the hallway stood Luhan, his mind set on keeping an eye on just Chanyeol for now, to study his habits, and how he could use them to his advantage. He'd had them both on his radar for such a long time, but he never was able to find out what they liked or did. Now was his chance.