The Rain Makes Her Think

The Rain Makes Her Think

She sat on her bed, wondering. She wondered why her significant other had never blessed her with the affection of saying “I love you” when she had said it countless times. Love had blinded the girl, it was about time she faced the truth.

 

Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was a player, she always had been since the day they started dating. Taeyeon would go out at night, not coming home until past midnight had become a habit for the distraught girl. Even though she had asked Tiffany to be hers, she hated being tied down and being thrown in a pit of commitment. But she knew Tiffany didn’t deserve being treated so carelessly.

 

But the only thing Tiffany lived for WAS her beloved Taeyeon. She would go to all ends of the Earth just to satisfy the girl in any way possible, just to make her happy. Taeyeon realized it and took advantage of it, not caring that she was tiring out the girl with her endless demands. Tiffany didn’t mind though, she was easily used in her lifetime.

 

Eventually Tiffany realized their relationship was going nowhere, not getting better, and not getting worse. She knew the girl had no intention of becoming wife, though she herself did. But she faced the undeniable reality of the break up.

 

They had passed the stage of really enjoying each other, where they would hold hands in their sleep and chase each other around the house for random tickle fights. The times where Taeyeon would doubtlessly piggyback Tiffany in random places had become walking home about 3 feet apart. Tiffany missed the old Taeyeon, not knowing that she really hadn’t gone anywhere.

 

Then, the unavoidable became the present, and Tiffany ended it. She was heartbroken, but not as much as Taeyeon. But Tiffany would never know that with the way Taeyeon put on such an emotionless face.  Taeyeon was compliant though, she let Tiffany have her space. By day, a depressed yet happy girl, and by night, a girl who would break down in tears and slam her fists against walls just to relieve the throbbing pain in her heart.

 

Over the course of about 8 months, Tiffany had moved on, and in a way Taeyeon had too. Just not in the same way Tiffany had, and eventually fate brought them together again.

 

“Tiffany…” Taeyeon somehow managed to say, though the shock was overwhelming her. She hadn’t recalled Tiffany being this beautiful, but she knew it was her own fault that she hadn’t spent enough time at home.

 

“Taeyeon, hi. How have you been?”

 

“Fine, you?” Taeyeon examined Tiffany’s left hand, her ring finger to be exact, to see if Tiffany had found someone else.

 

“I’ve been good too.” An awkward silence both enveloped them, but they took it as a cue to look approvingly at each other.

 

Taeyeon wanted her back, she did so much. She wanted to feel the first stage of their relationship again, the stage of happily being together without arguments, where they would imagine growing old together without boundaries.

 

“Tiffany, I know I’ve made mistakes in the past, and I really think we should---“

 

“Babe, who’s this?” Taeyeon was suddenly cut off by a blonde haired girl wrapping her arms around Tiffany’s petite waist, the waist Taeyeon used to gently caress with her fingers. The waist Taeyeon used to wrap her arm around and pull Tiffany closer with, the waist that Taeyeon needed to be close to in their sleep. The couple smiled at each other, and it absolutely crushed Taeyeon’s heart. The way Tiffany blushed for this other girl was the same way she used to blush for Taeyeon. And Tiffany’s eyes, the eyes that were now staring lovingly at another girl, were the eyes Taeyeon used to wipe the tears away from when Tiffany was having a bad day. Taeyeon couldn’t take it, she couldn’t stand the fact that the only one she truly loved was in the arms of somebody else.

 

“Taeyeon, this is Jessica, Jessica, this is Taeyeon.” Taeyeon was snapped out of her thoughts by Tiffany’s soothing voice.

 

“It’s really nice to meet you,” Taeyeon said with tears slowly finding escape out of her eyes. “I hope you guys have a great relationship together, I wish you both the best. I’m sorry, but I need to go now.” Taeyeon turned around and tried to find a quiet place for her to just cry her eyes out.  She walked away with regrets, the regrets of not telling Tiffany how she really felt.

 

“Jessi, I need to go see if she’s okay.” Jessica willingly let go of her girlfriend, knowing full well that this could be the end for them. She wasn’t exactly okay with it, but she knew how much Tiffany still loved Taeyeon. Jessica only seemed to be there as a comforter, not much of a lover.

 

Tiffany found Taeyeon in a small café, sitting in the back and staring out the windows.

 

“Taeyeon,” Taeyeon looked up to find Tiffany smiling gently at her. “If you still wanted me, why’d you let me break up with you?” Tiffany seemed to know exactly what Taeyeon was thinking. She took the seat across from Taeyeon and took her hand.

 

“Because… If that’s what you wanted, I was willing to give it to you. I wanted you to be happy. I loved you.”

 “Then why didn’t you ever show it?”

“I did show it, all the time. Or at least I tried to; I’m not good with emotions.”

 “You never told me you loved me.”

 “I was waiting for the exact right time to do it, and when I found out the right time, it was too late. You had already told me you wanted to break up.”

 “You mean you wanted to tell me that one night in the park?”

 “Yeah, like right before you said you wanted to break up.”

 Tiffany began to miss Taeyeon more than ever, and the longing to want her back had resurfaced.

 “Taeyeon, would you take me back?”

 “In a heartbeat.”

 “Then… Please do. I want you back.” Taeyeon’s heart quickened at the words, she never knew an opportunity like this would ever happen.

 “But… What about Jessica?”

 “She’s not the same as you. She doesn’t make me feel the same way you do. I think me and Jessica are better off… as just good friends.”

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany lay on their bed, holding each other. It was a moment they would cherish forever because they finally realized their true feelings for each other.

 

“And we would live happily together near the ocean, and eat ice cream everyday while I piggybacked you from the beach to our house. And you would smile and call me the best husband ever. You seriously should’ve waited for like five minutes; I would have confessed my love and then told you our plans that I had for our future.” Tiffany could only laugh at Taeyeon’s sweet yet dorky cuteness. “Why did you decide to leave me anyway?”

 

Tiffany took a moment to answer the question.

 

“Well, I was sitting alone in the rain one day, you weren’t home again. The rain makes me think weird yet really obvious thoughts, and I thought that you didn’t love me. I didn’t want to burden you, so I decided to leave.”

 

“I swear, I’m never leaving you alone in the rain ever again. I’ll protect you from the rain, and if you ever get those thoughts, just tell me about it, okay baby?”

 

“Yes, I will. You should’ve seen me after the breakup, total mess.”

 

“Yeah well so was I. I punched a hole in the wall just for you.”

 

“Hah, you’re so dramatic at times. It makes me wonder.”

 

Taeyeon pulled Tiffany closer, wrapping her arm around Tiffany’s waist and kissed her on the forehead.

 

“Tiffany, I love you. Please don’t ever leave me again, don’t ever doubt me. I love you so much, I can’t let you go.”

 

“I love you too, Taeyeon. Can we go back to when we first met, when we used to always cherish each other no matter what? When we used to be dorks with each other, and laugh together?”

 

“Of course, and we can stay that way forever.”