Chapter 2

Helping him

Key’s POV

I’m trying to pay attention to the magazine, I really am, but my eyes just keep darting over to Jonghyun and Skai. Their giggles and whispers reach my ears and negative thoughts start running through my head. I look back at the magazine in front of me and try to focus on something, but I keep zoning out. I hate it. I hate feeling this jealousy, anger, sadness. They’re my good friends and they look so happy together. But the dark corner of my heart wants them apart. A sigh leaves my lips as I put the magazine next to me. I take out my cellphone and earphones out of my jean’s pocket and plug them into the device. My fingers quickly work over the touchscreen and music soon fills me. My eyes closes and all the negative thoughts start leaving me, letting only the lyrics fill me.

 

------

 

Another Saturday.

Another day of spending time at Skai’s house. I kicked the ground and swayed gently on the swing. The weather was hot and the breeze which blew in my face cooled me off. I looked to my left and saw Skai sitting on a blanket, her friend chatting about her problematic life. Seriously, that’s the only things that the girl talks about – her bad boyfriend, even worse parents, stupid school. And Skai always listens. She never interrupts and gives her some tips. But today she seemed… different. There wasn’t that playful smile on her face, her eyes weren’t shining. She was quiet. All the time that I knew her she was everything but that – she always had to say something. Seeing her like this made me curious. And mad. What happened that she is this way? Who did this to her? Without thinking, I got up on my feet and walked over to her. I tapped on her shoulder and she looked at me, her friend getting quiet upon my appearance.

“Skai, is everythi-“

“SKAI!”

Her eyes widened before she glanced behind me. I quickly turned around and saw Jonghyun walking furiously over to us. His eyes were red with anger and he breathed unevenly. I had never seen him like this. Everyone got quiet and watched the scene before us. When Jonghyun reached Skai, he harshly pulled her up by her arm and she looked away. I quickly moved away, not knowing what to do. Should I interfere?

Jonghyun quickly got his phone out and showed something to Skai.

“What does THIS mean?”

The girl looked at him dead in the eyes.

“It means exactly what it says.” She answered with a poisonous tone. Jonghyun let her arm go and looked down, his angry state quickly disappearing.

“So… you’re serious…?” The dark-haired male asked with a broken tone and I glanced at Skai who immediately softened.

“Yes, I’m serious. We’re over. I’m sorry.” A few gasps were heard and I looked at both of them. They’re over? Jonghyun looked up and his teary eyes and sad face broke my heart.

“But why?” Skai glanced around and took Jonghyun by the arm.

“Let’s go, we shouldn’t have this conversation here.”  She pulled the boy into her house and closed the door. I looked at the door for a few more seconds before looking back and seeing shocked faces on all of her friends. After a minute of silence, a girl got up and pulled her boyfriend with her.

“We should leave.” Everyone else nodded, not daring to say a thing and we started walking to the gate. I quickly glanced back at the house before exiting. ‘I hope everything will be alright’. I sighed and started walking to my house, my hands in my pockets and only one thought running through my head.

“They’re breaking up?”

 

------

A/N: woah guys I actually updated this. Can't believe it myself lol. Sorry for the short chapters but I just can't write long ones. Plus if there's any mistakes I'm so so so sorry. This should have a few more chapters I think. I hope so. xD

Enough of me talking, here, have a y Jonghyun:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(pic not mine)