Chapter 4

Helping him

The same day. Evening.

Skai's POV

 

Ring...Ring...

 

My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I quickly dropped the cookie I was munching on and slid out the phone.

"He's calling!"

Jonghyun ran from the other room and tripped on my white carpet, face-planting the floor. I tried to hold in my laughs as he got up cursing and then quickly made his way to the sofa I was sitting on. My finger pressed the answer button and I put the phone on speakers.

"Hello?"

The dino pup scooted closer and took one of the cookies from the bowl before moving away.

"Hey Skai, how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Mmh..."

It got silent for a minute.

 

Crunch crunch

 

I shot Jonghyun a judging look and he glanced at me questioningly. I motioned to the cookie in his hand and looked back into his eyes. He stared at me for a moment before understanding and mouthed a sorry while putting the cookie on the table.

 

"So... What happened between you and Jonghyun?"

"We broke up."

"Why? I mean you two looked so happy together..."

I looked up and breathed out heavily, thinking over the things I had to say.

"We lost the spark we once had. It may looked like we were happy, but we weren't. I couldn't be in an unhappy relationship so I thought that it would be the best if we broke up. But don't worry, we talked about it and we decided that we will still be friends."

"I'm glad then. All I wish is for my friends' happiness. I just wanted to make sure you're alright. Can't talk much, I have to go – my mom needs help in the kitchen. Bye Skai!"

"Bye Bumbum!"

"Yah! I told you not to call me that!"

"Whateveeeeeer."

"Hey, don't han-"

 

I pressed the “end call” button and tossed the phone on the table. I looked at Jonghyun with a wide smile and stretched.

 

"Part 1 done. Now it's time to get you and him on a date."

Jonghyun looked at me with big eyes.

"Now?"

I rolled my eyes and took a cookie.

"Of course not. You will now have to stay at your house and play the act of a ”hurt puppy who sheds tears at night because a girl left him” cause you're an emotional little pup."

"I am not an emotional little pup!"

"You are!"

"Am not!"

A pillow smacks Jonghyun's face and he groans.

"Yes you are, now shut it."