Chapter 1

Helping him

"I like you."

The girl giggles.

Once.

Twice.

A loud laugh leaves her lips as she looks at the shocked expression on Jonghyun’s face.

“How dare you laugh at me woman!”

He jumps on her and starts tickling her sides. A smile forms on his face and he also starts laughing.

“No! HahahHA- Please! Sto-aaahaha-op!”

The action stops and Jonghyun looks at her seriously again.

“Well? How was it?”

“Can’t you think of something better? I mean… You will need much more than that to get Key. And by the way – you’re heavy!”

The brunette girl pushes him off and onto the floor. She sits on the bed and shoots Jonghyun a wink.

“Even when you asked me out it was better than that.”

A sly grin forms on her face as Jonghyun tries to remember what he said at that time.

“I’m hot, you’re hot. How about we take our hotness to my bedroom?”

“Bingo!” The girl claps her hands and laughs.

“But that won’t work on Key though.” She adds.

The guy groans and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

“Then what do I do Skai?”

 

------

 

I look back into the gray eyes in the mirror. A smile reaches my face as I brush my long brown hair. My eyes travel up and down my slender body in the reflection.

I loved myself. Call me cocky but I thought that I looked awesome.

My phone vibrates in my pants’ pocket and I quickly take it out.

The bright screen shows a new message.

“We’re almost here”

“Just in time.”

I murmur under my breath and put the brush away.

My eyes searches for the blanket and when I spot it, I dash to it and take it in my hand. I put my shoes on with another and go outside.

It’s a habit now.

Every Saturday, my friends come over to my house and we spend time chilling in my garden, not worrying about a thing.

I quickly make my way to my backyard and lay out the blanket there. I sit on it and close my eyes. The warm rays of sunshine lands on my face and I smile in happiness. My ears already catch the sound of my friends’ chatter. As the sound grows louder, I open my eyes and get up. I run to the gates and open them.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

“You look nice today!”

“You totally have to know what happened yesterday”

I put my hands into my pants’ pockets and nod at my friends.

“Let’s go sit, then we can chat”

 

------

 

“I’m telling you, he really said that! Can you believe it?”

I look at my manicured nails as one of my friends tells me how she and her boyfriend got into a fight a few days ago. I wasn’t really interested but still listened to her, nodding from time to time. I look around and see some of my few friends sitting on another blanket, chatting non-stop. My gaze falls on Key, who was sitting a bit further away than everyone else. He’s a guy I met in a café two years ago. From that time we were really close friends. His eyes were looking at the magazine he brought. The wind blew his blonde hair from time to time and he puckered his small lips when he focused on an interesting article of clothing.

He was attractive, I must say.

The sound of my friend’s voice, who still was blabbering about her boyfriend, zoned me out. I looked nowhere in particular when I saw him. He was walking past my house with his friend, Minho. A smirk made its way on my face and I scooted a bit. The guy spotted me and smirked too. I sent him an air kiss and he winked in return. I called him over and he looked at his friend, telling him something before he ditched him. I got up and made my way to him. I winked and pulled him over to Key.

“Hey Key, how’s it going?”

The dark haired guy asks him and Key looks up in surprise.

“Oh, hey Jonghyun. Nothing much, what about you?”

“Everything’s fine.”

I pull Jonghyun down to sit on the ground and sit next to him. I snake one of my arms around his neck and peck his cheek.

“Anything interesting in that magazine?” I ask and Key looks to us before murmuring a “no” and burying his head into the magazine.

My eyes catch a glimpse of his reddened face and I smirk. Blushing, eh? Is it anger? Jealousy? Shyness?  

I pull Jonghyun away from everyone to a bench and we both sit – me on his lap.

“Why didn’t you call me?” I pout and look at him with a hurt expression.

“Sorry babe, I didn’t have time.” He pecks my lips. 

“Oh, look what I still have…” Jonghyun takes his phone and browses through it until he finds what he wants. He quickly shows me the picture and I laugh.

“Seriously? You still have it?” I snatch away his phone and look at it. It was a nice picture…Of me in a bed , the sheets covering my chest and .

“How about you become a model, huh?” He asks playfully.

“So that you could go to the photo shoots and find other girls to bang? No thanks.”

“Hey! Don’t think so lowly of me!” He fakes a mad expression and I laugh.

We had this relationship…Friends with benefits? It started with just us ing, but there wasn’t any love. We became friends though. We both loved to flirt so everyone thought that we were actually dating.

“Whatever.” I roll my eyes. “The important thing is that Key likes you. That makes everything so much easier.” I smile happily and think of how I will get those two together.

“Have any ideas?”

“How about we make a scene?” I shoot him a playful glare and he laughs.

“I like the sound of that.”

 

-------

A/N: This is the start of this two-shot? Three-shot? I don't know yet. But yeah. Sorry if it seems weird or anything, I literally wrote it as I dreamt it. This is actually the end of my dream (cuz I got wakened by my younger borther's and sister's fighinting -.-'), but I want to finish of this story with JongKey actually getting together.