Chapter 2

In My Arms

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Cho Kyuhyun, 25 years old was a university student. He had recently moved to Seoul to attend there. At first the life in a big city had seemed lonely, but not too long since he soon befriended with Lee Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk and Lee Donghae. They were a couple and he had nothing against it, since he also preferred men. It was just, that when he saw them being all lovey dovey, he was harshly reminded of his own loneliness.

 

The three of them headed to their respective classes and reminded each other of their lunch together. They usually had lunch at the cafeteria of the university, but today they decided that they’d go to a café nearby.

 

Kyuhyun was having his least favourite lecture. He was extremely bored, so he decided to dig something out of his backpack. A thing that might not have had much of monetary value, but instead it had a lot of emotional value to him. A thing that he had bought with the little amount of pocket money he had, when he was only 14. A thing that was supposed to represent his undying love towards the boy that left him only a day later after his confession.  The small, cheap plastic ring was all he had left of that boy.

 

He wondered, if Ryeowook had also kept it until now like he did and smiled a little at the thought, but the smile quickly turned bitter after he thought that his first love might have someone else now and there might not be a spot for him anymore. It had been eleven years since, after all. He didn’t even know where Ryeowook’s family had moved to and since they aren’t teens anymore, he had probably moved to his own apartment.

 

Kyuhyun just wanted to meet him at least once more to see if he the other was living happily. Then he would know what to do 

 

Finally, his classes ended and he quickly walked down the stairs to meet Eunhyuk and Donghae, so they could go to lunch.

 

Kyuhyun was still deep in his thoughts and didn’t notice that they were almost at the café’s door. He kept walking slowly behind the hyper couple.

 

“Yah, Kyuhyun! What’s taking you so long? We don’t have all day!” He heard his blonde friend shouting. He picked up their pace of walking and stepped inside the café as well.

 

He was soon met with a strangely familiar pair of eyes staring at him curiously, but dismissed it thinking that it must be just his mind playing tricks.  

 

A small tap on his shoulder was enough to bring him out of the thoughts concerning a certain café worker.

 

“What are you looking at like that?” Eunhyuk asked him, but as he didn’t receive any answer, he looked to the direction where the younger was staring earlier and smirked.

 

“You were looking at that waiter, weren’t you? I gotta admit that he’s pretty cute. If I wasn’t completely in love with Hae, I would surely-“ Hyukjae’s words were cut short, when Donghae came to bring his and Hyukjae’s orders to the table.

 

Kyuhyun felt really irritated by his friend’s words directed to the waiter and he was happy that the older hadn’t been able to finish whatever he was going to say.

 

Just then he realized, that he hadn’t ordered anything yet. Now he would have the chance to speak to the waiter and maybe find some answers to his earlier thoughts. 


This is kind of repeating some of the things from the previous chapter, I know....but I felt like I also needed to fully tell Kyu's point of view. 

Also, comments are still appreciated :3 Thanks for everyone who have subscribed & commented so far ^-^