You're Not Bad People

Redemption

 

*Back to present*
 
Yongguk, Youngjae, and Zelo were all standing in the unfamiliar room with Youngjae's sassy angel, the woman wearing the white pantsuit, and the "Boss." Both girls were discussing something with the boss in hushed tones, so the boys had no idea what they were discussing. 
 
"Hey, hyung," Youngjae whispered to Yongguk, "Who's that?" He pointed to the pantsuit lady. 
 
"That's our angel, her name is Eunbi." Yongguk whispered back, "She is really nice. Zelo was freaking out and crying-" Zelo made a noise mixed between a feral cat and an ostrich, cutting Yongguk off. 
 
The Boss and the two angels looked over at the three boys with amused faces, "Are you guys... Okay?" The boss asked them. 
 
The boys nodded and Zelo whispered fiercely, "I was not crying. I just had something in my eye."
 
Youngjae nodded understandingly and winked at Yongguk, causing Zelo to cross his arms and bristle like an angry porcupine. Youngjae and Yongguk restrained themselves from laughing at the youngest boy's expense. 
 
"Anyway, she was nice and calmed him down right away." Yongguk continued. 
 
Youngjae nodded, "Ah, I see." He looked around, "Uh, have you seen Jongup, Himchan, or Daehyun?"
 
Yongguk frowned, "No, but I'm sure they will be here soon."
 
"Do you guys have the..." Youngjae looked around and lowered his voice, "the, uh, star?"
 
Yongguk leaned towards Youngjae, nodding towards his angel, Eunbi, "She said that because we had them we needed to go to a special meeting or something. That's why we are here."
 
"I wonder why...." Youngjae mused, deep in thought. 
 
"Hey, hyung. Why are we in Heaven...? We've done unspeakable things... We don't deserve to be here." Zelo whispered to his leader. Yongguk lowered his eyes to the floor in shame, remembering all of the people that they hurt as a gang, whether physically or not. 
 
"I don't know Zelo-ah. I don't think we should be here either."
 
The door opened again and the remaining members of BAP filed into the room after a tall man who looked as if he had a permanent scowl etched into his face. His hair was flaming red which contrasted greatly with his white suit. Himchan, Jongup, and Daehyun ran over to their friends as soon as they were in the room, and the crimson man frowned and walked over to the Boss. 
 
"That guy is seriously scary," muttered Himchan as soon as he was out of earshot. 
 
"Who is he?"
 
"He's our 'angel' or something. His name is Chunji. I don't really know, he doesn't act like an angel. He was so serious and mean and he won't stop looking angry." Jongup breathed, and Daehyun nodded in agreement. 
 
"Let me get this straight, we have HanEul, my sarcastic and whiny angel, as well as Eunbi, the nurturing mother-type, and Chunji, the angel that hates everything." Youngjae clarified. 
 
The others nodded, "Well, heaven sure is bi-polar." Youngjae muttered bitterly. 
 
The Boss cleared his throat and the six gang members turned their attention to him. 
 
"I'm sure you guys are very curious as to why you are here." 
 
The boys nodded, all eyes trained on the impeccably dressed man in front of them. 
 
"Well, I am God. This," he gestured around them, "is heaven.  Welcome to my domain," he winked. 
 
"Uhh, sir. I apologize for interrupting you, but why are you letting us be here? We've done some pretty bad things in life." The boys looked at the floor in shame of their past actions. 
 
"Well, that is because while you have made bad choices, I do not believe you are bad people."
 
Their jaws dropped, and God continued, "I want to give you a second chance to make better decisions." He looked at each and every one of them in the eyes before continuing, "It will not be easy, and it will not be fun. In fact it will probably be the worst experiences you have ever been through. But," he paused, raising one finger, "I know you can do it and I think you deserve the chance."