Welcome to Heaven

Redemption

 

"I still can’t forget you
Our memories still remain
So without knowing, like a habit
I came here"
 
 
Light refracted cooly against Youngjae's pale skin and he felt a cool breeze drift over him. He opened one eye lazily to survey his surroundings. He was in a small, yet cozy room with walls the color of the sky after a refreshing rain. The room was bare, save for the bed he was lying on and an empty chair sitting in the dead center, it's wood gleaming brightly under the sunlight streaming through open window to Youngjae's right. So that's where the breeze was from, he realized. 
 
Wait. 
 
I... I died, didn't I? He wracked his brain, struggling to remember. He could recall the pain he felt as the bullet entered his back, then his vision turning red as he fell to the ground... Then nothing. 
 
"I'm pretty sure that was a fatal wound..." He mumbled under his breath, as he sat up confused. 
 
"It was."
 
Youngjae whipped his head up to discover a short girl standing in the doorway of the room. She had black hair and gentle eyes, and she was wearing a snow white dress that flowed down her body. 
 
"W-who are you?" He stuttered. 
 
"I'm HanEul." She replied simply, "I'm here to help you transition from your life to your after-life."
 
He groaned, placing his head in his hands, "I'm dead? Really?"
 
"Ugh... I hate this job," HanEul muttered under her breath before plastering a smile on her pretty little face. 
 
"Welcome to Heaven! Congratulations, you're dead and now you get to be here." She started her speech with a sarcastic bow, "Please look at your right wrist. If you have a black star there, then we need to go and talk to the big guy, yada yada yada." She looked at him curiously, "Please tell me you have the mark. I never get anyone interesting," she complained like a whiny 5-year old. 
 
He lifted his right wrist into the air only to discover a little black star that hadn't been there before. HanEul stared at it in shock before jumping up and down, squealing for joy. 
 
"Finally!! Someone interesting!" She grabbed his arm and yanked him off of the bed, she was fairly strong for a girl of her size, "Come with me, you need to talk to the boss."
 
Youngjae scratched his head with his free hand before being dragged out of the room by the overly-hyper angel. 
 
"Uhh... Okay?"