Any Other Night

Heaven's Lost Property

Ji Yong was a 15 year old high school boy. His mom died when she was giving birth to him. His dad blams him for almost everything now. 

"Ji Yong!" his dad yelled. Ji Yong ran downstairs. 

"Yes Appa?" he said. 

"Where the hells dinner?" he asked. He was drunk and his words were slurred. He still had a beer bottle in his hand. 

"It's three in the morning. Why would I make dinner?," he responded. He knew that his dad hated him. He also hated his dad. He didn't care if he got hit or not. 

"Don't back sass me," he said as he hit Ji Yong in the side of the head with the beer bottle. It shattered on impact, making glass spread across the floor. 

"Ahh," Ji Yong whined. He was still standing but blood was on his head.

"Hmph, you wish your mommy was here to protect you don't you. Well it was you who killed her," his father yelled. Ji felt like crying but he wasn't going to. He was strong. 

"Geez I ttold her not to go through with it. She was so close to aborting you, but did she, no. It ended up causing her, her life," his father screamed. He smacked Ji on the side of the head where his head was cut up, but this time he fell. He fell into the glass on the floor. He landed on his hands and knees, causing them to get cut up too. His father just laughed. 

Ji Yong stood up. He got the glass out of his hands and knees and began walking out the door. 

"Where are you going?" his dad asks.

"Why do you care?" 

"Fine then, leave," his dad said. Ji Yong walked out the door. Luckily his best friend would always let him spend the night. His best friends name was Daesung. They had only known each other for about two years but they were like brothers. Daesung and Ji Yong were so different too. Daesung actually did his work in class, while Ji Yong would doze off or just do it for homework. Daesung would worry about almost everything and he would freak out when he failed a test. Ji Yong didn't care if he failed a test and wouldnt worry about anything. 

When Ji Yong arrived at Daesung's he got a ladder and snuck into Daesungs room. 

"Hi Ji," Daesung said when he saw the ladder on his window seal. 

"Hey," Ji Yong said before he was up the ladder fully. When he got in the room, Daesung saw the blood on his head, hands, and knees.

"Oh my gosh Ji what happened?" Daesung asked as he went to aid his friend.

"My dad, that's what happened," he said. Daesung got a small rag and cleaned up the blood on him. 

"Does it hurt a lot?" Desung asked.

"No. It barley even hurts anymore," he said. 

"Well that's good," Daesung said relieved,"also you know you can come through the front door. My parents don't mind." 

"Yeah but it's late and I'd hate to disturb them," he said,"and why are you still up, it's late." 

"I wasn't sleepy," Daesung responded. Ji Yong laid down on Daesungs bed and closed his eyes. 

"Hey wake up, your not sleeping in my bed," Daesung said,"You can sleep on the floor."

"Meanie," Ji Yong said. Daesung ignored him and set up another bed on the floor. 

"Alright fine, i'll sleep on the floor," Ji Yong said. He just rolled onto the floor and went to bed before Daesung did.

 

In the morning Ji Yong heard Daesungs parents call him down for breakfast. He woke Daesung up and walked downstairs casually, like he belonged.

"Ji? When did you arrive?" Daesungs mom asked.

"Um," he stayed quiet. He didn't want to accidentally get Daesung in trouble.

"So it was you who I heard at three in the morning," Daesungs dad said. 

"Yeah, sorry about that," Ji said.

"It's not a problem but you can always use the front door you know?"

"Yeah but I didn't know if it was locked and I didn't want to wake you guys up," Ji Yong explained.

Daesungs mom just nodded and served everyone a plate. Ji Yong wasn't sure if he was going to try to go back home or stay with Daesung another night. This isn't the first time Ji Yongs been 'thrown out of his house'. He and his father don't even acknowledge that he gets kicked out the house. Since his dad is always drunk, he never remembers.

Ji Yong usually goes to Daesungs house, spends the night, then goes back home. So this was just another night for him.

Yay first chapter ^_^ so yeah don't forget to comment thanks.