What To Do, What To Do

Fate Left a Mark

Your POV

 

We both sat across from each other inside the coffee shop. All we could manage to do was stare at the coffee we ordered in front of us. We were still trying to wrap our minds around the dilemma at hand.

“Well maybe we should-” his head shot up at those words that fell out of my mouth, “Aahh,” I shook my head and fixed my gaze on my coffee once again.

“Well what if we-” my head shot up at the words that began to leave his mouth, “Ugh,” he shook his head as well as we both went back to staring at our still full coffee cups.

All of the sudden Frank Ocean started playing and we both jumped. Realizing the sound was coming from his jacket pocket he reached in and took out his phone.

“Hello?” he answered, then laughed, “Ah, yes I’m okay, I’m at that coffee shop you were telling me about,” he looked over at me as I stared at him unknowingly, “Ah don’t worry I’ll be home soon, okay,” he smiled before he hung up the phone and faced me again.

How can this happen to me? This was supposed to be a good vacation.

I looked up at his smiling face as he looked back down at his tattoo, then at me again.

“Maybe, maybe this isn’t such a bad thing after all,” he traced his wrist back and forth and back and forth again, “I mean, I do love music, more than anything, I mean this is kind of weird, but it happened for a reason right??” he smiled as he stood up.

I couldn’t help but agree with him, agree with that amazing smile, those eyes, wait what am I saying??? This is crazy, this isn’t cool this is some sort of devil mark. Some random tattoo showing up on me in the middle of the night!!! How could I possibly be okay with this.

“No! just, just no..” I yelled that before running out of the coffee shop. I made my way across the bridge before panting, I heard him yell out but my mind was too muffled with everything going on I didn’t even care. I just wanted to go to sleep and wake up like nothing ever even happened.

 

His POV

We just sat there. We sat there and stared. I didn’t mind, it was nice, although we were still looking for an explanation it was weird. I wasn’t in a panicked state of mind anymore. Maybe I was okay with all of this, with all that was going on. I know that it sounds like I’ve lost my mind, but I mean why not?

“Well maybe we should-” was all she could mutter before giving up on the topic, “Ahh-” she shook her head in defeat.

I felt as if I should give a little effort, even though I wasn’t really looking for an explanation anymore, “Well what if we-” I made it sound like I was actually thinking, “Ugh-” yes, my sound of defeat was perfect. Her head shot up at my staged efforts but we both went back to staring at our coffee cups, even though I haven’t even taken a sip, and neither has she.

Taxi driver, be my shrink for the hour, leave the meter runnin’

I realized that my phone was ringing. I reached into my pocket to answer it.

“Hello?” I answered the phone.

“Hey Bro, um I realized just now that you left the house in a state of panic and I wanted to see if you were okay?” Yongnam said calmly, he’s such a dork.

“Ah, yes I’m okay, I’m at that coffee shop you were telling me about,”

“Oh, okay haha well are you gonna be home soon or do you want me to meet you somewhere for lunch?”

“Ah don’t worry I’ll be home soon, okay,” I looked up to see that she had been staring at me the whole time; I smiled before I hung up the phone.

What was so wrong about this whole situation anyway? I mean from the fact that some random tattoo showed up on the both of us coincidentally yea that’s sort of strange but still. Maybe it is just the way my mind works. I stared down at the tattoo as I ran my fingers of it. Maybe I was okay with this, especially when it is with a girl like her. I looked up at her and before I knew it my thoughts were spilling out of my mouth.

“Maybe, maybe this isn’t such a bad thing after all,” I looked back down at the tattoo, “I do love music, more than anything. I mean this is kind of weird, but it happened for a reason right??” I tried to make it sound as optimistic as possible, I smiled at her to let her know that everything was going to be okay, and that I would be there, as crazy as it sounded I wanted to figure out what was going on. I wanted to find out what was really happening, but I wanted to find out with her.

“No! just, just no..” she yelled that before running out of the coffee shop.

I looked down to see that she left her bag next to the seat. I ran out after her,

“Hey! Hey you left your bag!!!” I yelled as she continued to run.

I ran out until I couldn’t see her anymore. “Wow she’s a fast runner,” I said to myself. “Well, what to do, what to do now.” I stood there holding her bag. It was heavy that was for sure. Well, I guess I’m just going to have to return it I laughed, knowing that that was going to be the outcome anyways.

I took her wallet out and smiled to myself, “Pretty name.”