Where Did You Get That?

Fate Left a Mark

Your POV

“Yongguk? Excuse me are you yongguk?”

I broke eye contact as I realized that I was still gripping the hot caramel macchiato.

“No, I am” his unrealistically deep voice said as he pulled his hand from off of mine.

“Ah, I-I’m sorry, its just, I mean you have,” I stuttered as I continued to stare at the tattoo that looked exactly like mine but occupied the opposite wrist.

“Come with me,” was all he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

“Wait! Sir! Sir! Your macchiato!”

He pulled me all the way to a bench not too far from the coffee shop.

“Where did you get that?” he questioned holding up my wrist.

I couldn’t tell him where I got it because I didn’t even know where I got it! “Where did you get yours?” was all I could come up with.

“I asked you first,”

“I asked you second.” I stood there confidently as the handsome young man stared right into my eyes.

“Ugh, nevermind,” he said under his breath as he stormed off.

Should I tell him? I mean, he’s going to think I’m crazy, but how can he have the same tattoo as me? Is it just a coincidence? I mean it has to be right?

“Wait! Yongguk!” I yelled out. He stopped in his tracks and turned around.

“How do you know my name?” he asked confusingly.

“Uh, I tried to steal your coffee,” I laughed a little embarrassed and looked at the ground.

“Oh yea, right,” he walked back and sat at the bench behind me continuing to stare at the ground. He looked like he was trying to figure something out. No matter what he was doing he was still very attractive. I smiled as I admired his features. His jaw line was amazing, his hair was a tad disheveled, he had nice red lips, and not to mention his collarbone sticking out from his white V-neck. I stood in awe at such an amazing piece of artwork in front of me. He looked up just in enough time to catch me in the act.

My eyes shot to my right as I looked at the trees around us, “uh, ahem, um if I tell you where I got this tattoo you can’t think I’m crazy because you asked me.” He nodded his head and looked up at me like a lost puppy. I couldn’t take it so I looked the other direction as I explained my dilemma.

“Well you see last night I came to this coffee shop and did my thing, then after I went home and when I woke up this was on my arm!” I explained grapping my wrist and shaking it as the words left my mouth. I realized how crazy I sounded and looked when a jogger ran past and gave me a weird look. I figured I should stop shaking my wrist like a crazy woman.

“Really?” he asked. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking, but I was hoping it had nothing to do with the word mental or any other words associating with it.

“This might sound crazy, but I, I uh, I sort of believe you,” he dug his shoe into the grass as he proceeded to tell me his opinion.

“You really don’t think I’m crazy? I mean, any sane person would think I’ve gone mad!” I protested hoping that maybe he would stick with his opinion.

“I believe you, because I have the same explanation,” he said as he pointed at his tattoo.

My eyes widened as he looked up at me.

“You mean, the same thing happened to the both of us?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, maybe we were both crazy, maybe we both needed help, “but what, I mean how, why is, I can’t even.” Every thought possible ran through my mind as I tried to put them into words but it just wasn’t happening.

“Yea, I know,” he said letting out a sigh. “Here have a seat,” he said getting up and leading me to the bench.

I was in a daze, but I was quickly knocked out of it as my eyes shot towards the hands that led my body over to the bench. My face was so close to his, was all I could think of in the moment. As I looked over my shoulder at him I hiccupped. I immediately covered my mouth as I sat on the bench. Did I just hiccup? I thought. Ugh! So embarrassing!

“So what do we do?” I looked over at him.

His POV

I stood there with my hand over hers. I looked her straight in the eyes as did she. I don’t know what it was but there was something weird there. I felt at peace with my hand over hers and staring into her eyes. I didn’t even know this girl, what was going on?

“Yongguk? Excuse me are you yongguk?”

I looked over at the barista as she broke our eye contact.

“No I am,” I said as I took my hand away from hers.

“Ah, I-I’m sorry, its just, I mean you have,” she stuttered, but all I could focus on was the tattoo. Was it possible to have the same tattoo? One that I got magically over night?

“Come with me,” before I knew it I was dragging her outside. I didn’t mean to drag her as far as I did, I didn’t mean to drag her at all actually, but my mind was so cluttered I didn’t know what to think.

“Where did you get that?” I asked, holding up her wrist as if she didn’t already know what I was talking about.

 “Where did you get yours?” was all she said.

“I asked you first,”

“I asked you second.” I stared right into her eyes.

I didn’t know what to do. Why couldn’t she just answer? I didn’t have time for these games. “Ugh, nevermind,” was all I could mutter as I stormed off back into the coffee shop, as if that was going to do any good.

All these thoughts ran through my mind, the night before, this morning, I didn’t know what to think and then I heard my name. I stopped as I realized she called it, but how did she know my name?

“How do you know my name?” I wondered.

“Uh, I tried to steal your coffee,” she laughed a cute embarrassed laugh. I walked back towards her and decided I should sit down. I sat down at the bench behind her and stared at the ground coming up with various explanations. I looked up and caught her staring at me. Her head shot the other way and I smiled a little flattered. She was pretty. Although it seemed as if she just ran out of the door this morning she had something about her that made me want to smile every time the sun crossed her path. She had long hair, and her face was flawless. She didn’t wear much makeup but that just highlighted how pretty she actually was.

“Uh, ahem, um if I tell you where I got this tattoo you can’t think I’m crazy because you asked me.” she said still embarrassed.

I nodded as she began her explanation for the identical tattoo stuck on her arm.

I realized that we both had the same story. I told her that I believed her because we had the same story. I could tell that it was a lot to take in by how her eyes widened.

“You mean, the same thing happened to the both of us?” she uttered those words in disbelief, “but what, I mean how, why is, I can’t even.” She couldn’t even get a full sentence out, so I figured maybe she should sit down. I got up and led her to the bench. She looked over at me and started to hiccup. How cute, I thought, she has pretty eyes. I smiled as I set her down on the bench and sat down next to her. Maybe this was meant to happen. Maybe this was fate?

“So what do we do?” she asked.