five years later...

Revenge is sweeter than you ever were

Chapter 4-Five years later

(Maki POV)

“Now, shall we invite our guest to come out?” the host paused for a moment to create a sense of mystery. Then she suddenly shouted, “Let’s invite them out. They are one of the most popular boys’ band in Japan. They are News!!!” After this, the audience of the show shouted quickly.

“Such stupid girls……” I muttered under my breath.

“It’s so nice to see you boys here again. It has been five years since this band is formed. If I’m right, it is your fifth anniversary right?”the host asked in a polite way.

“Yes! It has been five years since our band is formed. Thanks for the support from our fans. This has always been what we rely on to continue.” Yamapi said politely and blushed. The fan girls saw his blush and shouted loudly again.

Yes, it has been five years already. Not only “his” band’s anniversary, but also the day they broke up five years ago. I still remembered the feeling when he dumped me. I would never want to feel that again. Five years ago, I swore to myself that I am going to change, change myself to a pretty, confident lady. I success. I have already been changed. But my revenge for Yamapi? Haven’t done that but that is already the first priority on my list of “Things needed to do”.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The crazy voices from the crazy fans woke me up. I looked up and saw Yamapi and his group members dancing around and singing their songs. I turned the TV off, not wanting to see his face again.

“Maki, are you ready?” Mukai asked from downstairs.

“Yes!!!!!”

Mukai is my best friend, Erika’s brother. Although Erika has always claimed that she has the worst brother in the world, Mukai is always nice to everybody. Back to the time, when I was having Aya to train me, he was always the one to support me and encourage me to do better. I treated him like my real-blood brother.

I went downstairs and saw my two best friends, Aya and Erika standing together and mukai sitting next to the table, reading his financial newspaper. All the things have changed in these five years. But Aya and Erika are always by my side. I ran over to them.

“Maki, we’re going out now. Have you eaten your breakfast?” Aya asked.

“Of course. I have already eaten my breakfast early, even you guys haven’t waken up!” I said in an annoyed tone. But it’s true, I ate my breakfast early at 7. But they didn’t wake up until 10. Isn’t that ironic?
“That’s good. We gotta be quick. The time won’t wait for us. We had an appointment with someone.”Erika said quickly with an impatient face.

“What appointment? With who?” I asked quickly, not knowing anything. We all stepped out of Erika’s house, oh not house, palace. No one answered my question. We went into Erika’s car. It is painted in Erika’s favourite colour, black. It’s the newest band of cars. It’s like the kinds of cars you see in the spy movies. It can be driven automatically if you entered the place you wanted to go. No drivers needed. Honestly, it’s kinda cool to have a car like this.

“Can anyone tell me what happen? Where are we going?”I asked again, desperate for the answer.

Aya sighed and said, “The second thing you need to do on your “things needed to do” list.”

I thought for a moment. “Oh, to visit my mother!!!”

“Bingo!!”Aya smiled.

“Oh…”I immediately understood but then anxious again.” But how come you know about my “things needed to do list”?

Aya laughed wickedly. “I stole your diary”

“What??”I gasped and tickled her.

‘SSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP!!”She shouted.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

10 minutes later

Erika stopped me and saved the crazily laughing Aya from me. I saw my past house. Memories rushed to me again. Aya and Erika have forbidden from seeing my mum, after she served a big dishes of French fries, chicken wings and lots and lots of hamburgers. They said that visit has destroyed what they tried to do in the two months. After then, I can only phoned and sent emails to my mum. I pressed the doorbell. “Ding!”

An old woman came out. Oh my god!! Is that my mother? How come she was so old? It’s like ten years has passed. My tears came out after seeing her. I suddenly discovered how dearly I have missed her. I gave her a big embrace! However, she just showed me her questioned face.

“Who is this girl?” My mum asked Erika and Aya.

“It’s Maki, your daughter?”Erika said uncertainly.

My mum looked at me closely and gasped suddenly.

“Maki, it’s you!!!!!”she gave me a hug tightly, so tight that I cannot breathe.

“Mum….can’t….breathe…..” I said.

“What did they give you? You have changed into this!!!Come on in. I got to give you something to eat.” She said certainly and looked at me in an “I need to change you” gaze.

Erika and Aya’s faces suddenly changed. They pulled me away from her.

Erika cleared her voice and said,” sorry auntie, we have an appointment with someone today. We need to go now.’ She stopped when she saw my mum’s pouted face. “This is a very important date. We are going for a job interview.” She stared at my mum sternly.

“A job interview?? Is it a good job? How much for salary??” My mum can’t resist Erika’s stern stare and looked at the floor.

“It is a good job and it will certainly bring Maki fortune and happiness.” Erika winked at me. What does that wink mean?

Erika and Aya comforted my mum and finally convinced her that we will make her another visit soon. She didn’t leave until I promised that I am going to her very very soon. She gave a “I miss you” stare and walked back to her gate. I watched her back, not wanting to leave until I saw her safely returned to her house. Suddenly, my mum reappeared in front of me.

“Ah, forget to tell you. Maki, you can come here anytime, Pi has left after my fight with her mum. You don’t need to be afraid of him promise to see me soon?” I kissed her cheek and said, “Of course, I’m your daughter.” I brought her to the door and watched her returned.

“Oh, come on!! I didn’t lie about the job interview. We are in a rush.” Erika looked at her watch and said impatiently.

We returned to the car. My heart is filled with questions. “Yamapi left? I thought that he said that this is his favourite place in the earth. Why do you still believe him, he dumped you. Nope, he would never lie to me that. We didn’t start our relationship with him that time. I thought hardly. However, my thoughts are stopped by Aya when she raised one very important question.

‘Erika, a job interview? What the heck are you planning to do?” she asked in a furious tone.

“Wow, calm down, sis. Were going to a place where Maki can start her revenge.”Erika said confidently and smoothly.

Big words showing the johnnys company came to my sight. This is unbelieveable. What kind of revenge can I have while working in Johnnys. Everyone knows Johnnys doesn’t accept female employees, not even the cleaners.

Aya and I exchanged a questioned stare. Out of curiosity, we followed Erika, who has already stepped out of the car.

Erika went straight the reception counter. The MALE receptionist turned his face towards Erika.

“I’m Ms Toda. I had an appointment with Mr Johnnys at 1.” Erika told the receptionist.

“Please wait.”The receptionist told Erika and went to confirm this appointment. “Go in and pressed the eighth door. It is where the Johnnys Appointment room is.” He told us politely.

We went into the lift and pressed the eighth floor button. Aya and I glared at Erika at the same time co-operatively.

“Oh , please. Don’t look at me like this. You will know what happen after this appointment.” Erika begged.

Here we go. We went to the eighth floor and was welcomed by some big, strong bodyguards. They bought us to the end of this floor. Johnnys san’s room came to our sight. The floor flung open. We saw a black beard, kind-faced man standing in the corner of the room. Erika went straight to him and gave him a big embrace. Johnnys san hugged her for a moment and examine us quickly.

“Your right, Erika. You three have the face, the body and the style. The CD you sent me a month ago showed that the three of your voices can merge together very well. But are you sure that you guys can resist the pressure brought by this job?”

“Yes, I’m sure…” Erika’s words are stopped by me. “What is going on here? I ccan understand nothing about his.” I asked hopelessly.

“Oh… Erika hasn’t told you, right?”He gave Erika a punishing stare.

“Months ago, Erika applied a position for the three of you. She sent me the you guys’ photo and gave me the karaoke CD that you guys have recorded. I found that you guys have well-trained faces and the popular face.” Johnnys answered me and sat back to his seat, opened his drawer, looking for something.

Aya immediately asked a question. “What position? And I thought the Johnnys company doesn’t accept female employees.”

Johnnys continued finding and answered Aya ’s question. “Of course, to be a star, silly girl. What kind of position are you expecting?”After saying this, he started to laugh uncontrollably. God, he is weird!! Then he continued, “Also, I will always make an exception for Erika, my goddaughter!” Johnny san finally found what he as looking for and passed that to Erika. “Erika, here’s your poster from Kame, his autograph was on it.”

Erika smiled brightly and gave Johnnys san an embrace again.

Whattttttttttt?????? AAAAAA Star?????!!!! I can’t face this, becoming a star, surrounded by crazy fans??!! I’m fainting. I’m fainting… My sight becomes bizarre and all the things turned black.