On parallel planes

Your Daily Assortment of EXO Fanfics

 

on parallel planes

Author: chiharu

Title: On parallel planes 
Forchoisiwon
Pairing: Kris/Suho, side Kai/D.O and very slight Sehun/Lu Han
Rating: PG
Length: 9100+ WC
Summary: highschool!AU; class rep Kim Joonmyun has one mission: to lead his rag tag team of five to the Math Olympiad this year.

 

General: Kim Joonmyun has always been the top student in his grade. People came to him for homework help and he was used to the admiration. But then Wu Fan came into the picture. And suddenly, it's as if everything Joonmyun had put his efforts into are now being sweeped up effortlessly by the well-rounded, perfect Wu Fan. But that's not even the shorter end of Joonmyun's worry stick. With the minimal number of five members, he is entrusted with the responsibility of leading his team to the Math Olympiad with the hopes of not failing horribly.

My Thoughts: The reason I fell in love with this story is because the plot reflects so much on the school environment I live in. The competitiveness, enthusiasm, and perseverance comes altogether to make this high school fic so much more realistic to me.

Joonmyun's outstretched hand towards the other members on his team and his gradual understanding of Wu Fan is like an incentive for me to work harder and that perhaps, I can someday experience this same satisfying feeling of knowing I put my heart into something fully and getting back a result no less rewarding.

The romance seems almost nonexistent in the story, but that makes the characters even more lovable. It's that stage where they're aware that they like the other person but they're still in the process of learning about one another.

I love all the characters in the story but I can't emphasize how much I admire Joonmyun. The way the author depicted him brought out the Joonmyun fans know in real life and possible a part to him that we don't know. It's a nice read, with a well developed story-line. 

Pairing: Krisho! dashed with sideKaisoo and sideHunhan

Length: it's a very long oneshot (but it's worth every word)