Chapter Two

Fate of the Red Moon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

Jaejoong walked into the Elkin palace quickly and headed straight to the queen’s quarters. He soon reached the door that led to the room which he knocked which followed by a soft ‘come in’. He slowly pushed opened the door into the open room with nothing but plants and flowers. The queen was standing in the center around the circle of light that shown in through an opening in the ceiling above.

 

“What is it?” the queen asked her back faced towards him.

 

“The Hibirths have crossed the board,” Jaejoong reported as he slowly walked towards her making sure not to step or stumble over any of the plants.

 

“I know,” she replied in calm voice as she lifted a pot into the sunlight.

 

“What are we going to do about it? You can’t possibly just let this go?” Jaejoong said when he finally stood only a few feet behind her.

 

“When the time comes we’ll face them,” Ara replied as she watched a flower slowly grow out of the soil. She smiled to herself and set the pot down before she turned around to face him a small smile on her face.

 

“How can you be so calm?” he questioned genuinely wondering how she remained so calm when their enemies crossed the boarder for the first time in centuries.

 

“There is a time for everything; the time has not yet come to worry about this. Growing gray hairs over something you can not yet control is not what I will be spending my time doing,” she answered looking into his eyes hoping to give him some comfort, more comfort than she had been these past ten years.

 

Jaejoong sighed, “That’s how it always is. You don’t know what can happen, what if they suddenly attack?”

 

“That’s what I’m talking about, Jae. You need to chill a little. Don’t worry so much on what if’s and focus on what’s happening,” she told him.

 

“I can’t just chill out. I have family, I have people, I have a country… and I have you to protect. I can’t help but think of everything that can go wrong,” he confessed.

 

Ara smiled and gently cupped one of his cheeks sending warm vibes into his body. Jaejoong smiled softly feeling a warm sensation in his stomach. This was the first time, in a long time that she touched him. Every touch just melted his heart all over again and sent his worries flying away. Maybe, just maybe he finally realized why he was so strongly attached to her.

 

“No go on, the soldiers are probably waiting for you,” Ara said as she pulled her hand away and patted his arm.

 

Jaejoong nodded and bowe

Please log in to read the full chapter