Chapter One

Fate of the Red Moon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter One

 

Present Day

 

A teenaged girl was fast asleep in her bed snuggled into her blanket before a loud thud came at her door.

 

“Jin Kyong!” an older female’s voice said from the other side of the door.

 

The teenager groaned and moved onto her side so her back was facing the door. The door however slowly opened and a woman’s head popped into the room. Her hair was short and light brown, her eye were larger than usual and she had a light tan.

 

“Hun, it’s time to wake up,” the woman said.

 

“Five more minutes mom,” Jin Kyong mumbled as she grabbed her pillow and covered her head with it.

 

“No it’s almost eight o’clock. You need to wake up and eat before you go do the laundry,” her mom replied sternly as she pushed the door open further and walked into the room. Jin Kyong didn’t budge.

 

Her mom sighed and walked over before she pulled the blanket off of Jin Kyong causing her to shiver and sit up quickly wrapping her arms around herself. She was only wearing a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top in this cold morning; though mornings were always cold in Elkin before it became hot in the day.

 

“Breakfast is on the table. I’m heading out to work. The laundry basket is by the door. I’ll see you later okay?” Jin Kyong’s mom told her before she patted Jin Kyong’s head and left the room.

 

The teenager sighed and stood up stretching her arms and legs before she began to change and get ready.

 

─ ─ ─ ─ ─

 

Jin Kyong walked out of her house carrying a wooden basket of clothes.

 

The village was already buzzing with life as Jin Kyong walked through the streets. The villagers where opening their shops and were gossiping about the up coming red moon. Even the children were talking about the red moon as they walked to the local school.

 

Jin Kyong walked down a dirt road that led her into the forest. She didn’t pay much attention to her surrounding as she focused on the dirt road to keep herself from tripping over any rocks as she held the wooden basket of clothes.

 

Soon the dirt road expanded into an open area and the river ran right through it, its water glistening in the early morning sunlight. Jin Kyong quickly made her way over and set the heavy clothes basket down next to the water. The female sighed to herself as she started to unload the clothes one by one.

 

─ ─ ─ ─ ─

 

A teenaged boy walked through the forest whistling to himself as he kept throwing an apple up in the air to only catch it with the same hand. He had jet black hair and serious looking eyes. He also wore the clothes of an Elkin soldier.

 

He continued to walk through the jungle until he saw the opening he was looking for. He made his way through the over grown leaves and onto the open area around the river. He looked around until he noticed a girl, a teenager girl. She looked oftly familiar and he wondered why. He slowly walked towards her until he finally figured out why she looked so familiar.

 

“Well, look who it is,” he said as he crossed his arms and put on a small smirk.

 

Jin Kyong’s head shot up from the shirt she was scrubbing and looked around trying to locate who was talking to her.

 

“Over here,” the boy called teasingly as he walked a l

Please log in to read the full chapter