Prologue

Fate of the Red Moon
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prologue

 

 

10 years ago

 

A tall slender teenage boy with black hair dressed in a dark blue and green guard outfit ran through the thick forestry. His movements were quick as he stepped over tree roots and rocks. It wasn’t until he came upon a small village that sat on the cove of a lake did he slow down his running as he ran through the village streets. His eyes searched for something, or rather someone among the empty houses.

 

The boy quickly ran to the lake dock and noticed the person he was looking for. She sat on the very end of the dock her legs dangling; her bare feet down almost touching the water. She was laid back supporting herself on her arms and hands, her long brown hair fell down behind her touching the dock. Dressed in nothing but white she glowed.

 

“Ara!” the boy called out. This caused the girl to jump in surprise and turn around.


“Jaejoong?” Ara asked not sure if she was seeing straight. It had been a few months since the last time she had seen him due to his training for the new selection for the head guard.

 

“Yes, Ara it’s me,” Jaejoong replied with a smile.

 

Ara melted at his smile. Over the past few months he had grown even more handsome. She pulled herself together and stood up.

 

“Let’s go,” he said as he walked closer to her and grabbed her hand slightly pulling her.

 

“I need shoes,” she told him looking down at her bare feet. Jaejoong glanced down at her bare feet before he let go of her hand and turned his back to her and slightly bent over.

 

Ara raised an eyebrow and asked, “What are you doing?”

 

“Get on my back. I’ll carry you,” he said looking over his shoulder with a smile.

 

She chuckled, “Seriously?”

 

“I’m serious. The red moon is almost here, we need to hurry,” he told her before he patted his back. Ara hesitated before she climbed onto his back wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

 

Jaejoong smiled to himself before he stood up and placed his hands on her thighs to hold her there. “Hold on tight,” he said before he took off into a sprint running back through the village and into the forest.

 

─ ─ ─ ─ ─

 

It wasn’t long before they reached the castle of Elkin. Jaejoong quickly made his way to center of the castle where most of the people of Elkin had gathered. He gently p

Please log in to read the full chapter