Chapter Four: A Bit of Bitter

Along The Sidelines

A/N: Yes! Finally! An update from the lazy Alice. This chapter is quite long, but nothing really interesting happening here. New people, and little storylines. Oh yes, I have another fan fiction up in my head, and I’m considering taking two guns at a time. What do you think guys? Enjoy!

P.S: Sorry for the typos, and the bad grammar. (I didn't clean this chapter up. This was rushed a bit too much.)

~

She shook her head refusing to her friend’s suggestion. The other pouted and begged on her knees hoping she could convince this hard rock friend of hers. She doesn’t know her that well, but she’s hoping too.

“Oh come on Dara!” she tugged on to Dara’s arm, and forced her to stand up from the couch. Dara rolled her eyes, and hissed.

She took her arm away from her friends grasp. “No, Bom! A no is a, ‘NO’.” She sat back down on the couch crossing her arms in front of her, and looked at the television even though Bom was in front of it. Bom smiled at her, and sat next to her tugging on her arm once again.

“Don’t be such a party pooper.” Bom poked Dara’s shoulder, and grinned at her. “Please?” Dara stood up, and glared at Bom.

“For the hundredth time, I am not going to that jungle after party!” She huffed, and walked up to the stairs Bom following her two steps away.

~

She could see it, she could see TOP’s house. She didn’t need a magic lamp to tell her that this was a bad idea. She shook her head, as Bom tugged her arm, and dragged her closer to the house.

Bom was one of her first friend since she went to school. They met because of uh… something. They promised each other not to speak of that horrible day, ever. She learned a few good words from her to stop sounding like a know it all; that’s what Jiyong and TOP said. She also finally gave in to not calling Jiyong Mr. Kwon. She did find it kind of stupid. She laughed, and looked around just to find herself colored with dim lights; music was blasting off like an ape; people were sipping on red plastic cups, and she looked down and found one in her hand. She sniffed the contents and scrunched up her face.

“Alcohol…” She whispered backing the cup away from her face and placing it on some table next to her. She looked around, and found Bom walking up to her carrying some kind of cards. She squeezed herself to pass through, and when she finally stopped in front of Dara she flapped the cards in the air.

“Look what I got.” She said flaunting it all over. Dara’s eyebrow rose.

“Yes, I do see what you’ve got. But, I do not understand what it is with those cards that are so special.” Dara looked at Bom, and tilted her head. Bom sighed, and grabbed her arm, and circled it around hers.

“Honey,” Bom started. “These are football VIP tickets. Since you and Jiyong practically live in one roof, TOP actually talked to me and tossed these babies over to me, and told me to get you in the better place in this place, you with me?” Dara shook her head, what is it with these people and cards?!

“Okay, how about this. It’s like buying a hard-bound book then a normal one.” Bom pointed out. Dara nodded understanding what she had just explained. Bom and Dara continued walking until Dara stopped on her tracks, and looked confused.

“I don’t understand.” Dara shook her head. “Where are we going?” She asked looking at Bom who was looking a bit impatient. Bom grabbed Dara’s arm.

“Have you seen TOP’s house?” Bom asked. Dara nodded in reply. “Have you seen his garage?” Dara shook her head. “It’s not even a garage!” Bom yelled, but she didn’t drown the blasting music. “Okay, sweet cheeks let’s get going.” Bom tugged Dara once more, and down they go to TOP’s garage.

~

“LIKE A G6! LIKE A G6!”

Dara stepped inside the garage, and heard this awful tune to Like a G6. People were off beat, and they sounded like sleeping walruses. Bom bobbed her head while pulling Dara down the stairs to finally step on the floor. When she did, she looked around, and found people throwing something into a cup, and cheered even though the ball like thing didn’t even get in. She looked at Bom when she felt her hand slipping away.

“Bom?” Dara whispered. Bom jumped up, and down.

“Omg! It’s the maknae of the team! Seungri!” She yelled, skipping to some kid wearing a teddy bear suit, odd.

“B-b-bom!” Dara’s eyes widened, oh god, she’s in a social gathering, and she’s alone. Oh no, she felt like hurling, she looked around, and she didn’t spot either Jiyong or TOP in the crowd.

“Hey.” She heard an unfamiliar voice echo in her eyes, she turned hear head to the source, and found a short, mohawked man smirking at her while holding one of those red plastic cups. Dara gave him a small wave, and stared at his cup. “You alone?” He asked wrapping his arm over her shoulders. She flinched, but she didn’t pull away. She didn’t want to look like some outcast.

“No.” She said that it sounded like a whisper. He laughed at her.

“Who are you with?” He asked. Dara looked around to find Bom. Once she spotted her, hugging a big fat maknae bear that seemed a little irritated she pointed at her.

“Her.” Dara pointed. She didn’t talk much with new people. She was just like that. She wasn’t such of a good conversation girl like Bom. She heard him scoff, and she twisted her head to look at him backing away so their faces wouldn’t be close enough, to like accidentally kiss. 

“Park Bom?” He asked giving a lot of emphasis on her name. “The Math glassed-geek Park Bom?” Dara nodded, and he started bursting out into laughter. Dara looked at him confused.

“Okay, that’s enough play time for you horsey. Get going.” She twisted her head to find Jiyong and TOP coming her way. She felt extremely relived. They stopped in front of her, and the laughing short man. “Young B, stop scaring princess Dara here.” TOP wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and held her close to his chest. Jiyong rolled his eyes. Ugh, he still wasn’t used to seeing his best friend, and his horrible-terrifying roommate to be all touchy, and friends, and stuff. He had once asked TOP if he had any feelings for her. But, TOP just laughed, and told him he was jealous.

“TOP, stop it. Didn’t I tell you about ing affections in front of me?!” Jiyong pushed Young Bae to leave. “Get going before I tell.” He glared at Young Bae, and the latter left.

TOP lifted up both of his hands in the hair while the other was holding on of those cups, “Hey, hey, hey, no need to be jealous now. This is just sibling romance.” He said winking at Dara, who just smiled, and nodded. I swear to God they’re ganging up on me.

“Whatever dude.” He turned to Dara who was clutching the hem of her shirt. “Where’s Bom?” He asked.

“Uhhh, she said something about a maknae, and stuff.” Dara said pointing to Bom’s direction. Jiyong nodded, and clapped her shoulder, before leaving to go to Bom. Dara always wondered if they had this kind of thing going on between them. She knows there’s still this Taeyoon girl, but she was sure they sent her back because she came in to replace her. She was failing the plan, and damn too much. So, Taeyoon girl out of the picture, and Bom was like pop; what a mushroom she was. Dara sighed lowering her head. How was she able to go through with her plans if one of her closest friends was on the hots with her target? She groaned, and looked at TOP who was eyeing him suspiciously. “You shut it.” She said pointing at him. TOP shrugged, and took Dara’s hand, and planned to loosen Dara up.

~

“Dude, that’s ing enough.” Jiyong said looking at TOP with worried eyes. Damn, he was turning gay. TOP chuckled.

“Oh, Jiyongie your is still as ed up as ever.” Jiyong rolled his eyes, and stopped TOP’s hand who was handing a plastic cup to the now drunken Dara.

“Dude,” Jiyong started. Dara looked at them with her eyes squinting to their direction; she walked up to them. She smiled weirdly, and started clinging to Jiyong.

“You, what are you doing with my p-p-personal bartender? Huh?” She poked his chest, and chuckled looking up. Jiyong shook his head, and pushed her away.

“We need to go home, now.” He glared at her. Dara only shrugged. She looked to the side to find TOP gone.

“Where’d he go with my drink?” She whispered letting go of Jiyong. “TOP! TOP’s!!! WHE-RE’S ARE-E YOOOU?!” She yelled looking for the tall guy squeezing her way to people. “Ah, there you- OH!” She yelled, but she laughed afterwards. Jiyong looked confused, and followed her laugh. When he saw it, he smiled, too. “Well, I’ll leave this hot make out alone!” She yelled making quotation marks in, and pointing at the air.

Bom & TOP were whales. Yep, Jiyong knew they were right for each other. Just push pass Bom’s thick-nerdy glasses, and her weird hairstyle. He shook his head, and turned back to Dara who was now grinding with Young B. “.” He cursed bitterly. He grabbed Dara’s hand, and she looked at him.

“Aw,” She said pouting as Jiyong pulled her out of the place. She was stumbling on her two feet, but Jiyong didn’t care. When they reached the sidewalk, Jiyong let loose of Dara’s hand, and started to walk behind her to make sure she wouldn’t go running back to the place, or like if he looked back she would be gone, lost forever. They were walking their way home, Jiyong could have used his car but he knew Dara needed the fresh air.

Dara tripped, and laughed it out not even feeling the pain. Jiyong sighed, and pushed his hands in his pockets. But, when she tried to get up she fell, again. She still laughed though, and her laugh was getting Jiyong annoyed. She broke her ankle, and he eventually had to give her a piggy back home. She fell asleep on his back, he knew because he felt her getting heavier.

“Great.” He whispered pushing Dara up for she was slipping.

When he finally reached home, it was probably around three in the morning. TOP’s parties didn’t last till daylight. He sneaked in his house, making no sound. He was exhausted carrying Dara on his back. Her arms on his neck suddenly loosened, and Jiyong’s eyes turned wider than a black hole.

“!” He murmured pulling Dara up. She fell off of him, but he caught her before she made a thump waking up his parents.

He placed her in the little bed on the side of his room. He pulled up her pink with hearts blanket that she called her life. Jiyong smiled remembering the first time he saw the thing.

“What the hell is that?” Jiyong asked pointing at something Sandara was holding up. It was pink, and he spotted hearts all over it. Sandara turned to him, and smiled.

“It’s my life.” She plainly said, moving to her bed, and placing it on the comfy mattress. She soothed a small spot before sitting on it. Jiyong looked at her with wide ing eyes.

“I don’t want that in my room!” He yelled tossing the book he was reading to her direction. Sandara gladly caught in, and placed it next to her on the bed.

She tilted her head, “Why not?” She asked amused the way Jiyong was acting about her blanket. She made it herself, her first time actually. She didn’t need to brag about it.

“ing why not!?” He hissed pulling the blanket Sandara was sitting on.

“Oh!” She let out a little squeak as she was sent rolling unto the floor. She saw Jiyong smirk, and she glared at him.

“That’s what you ing get, . Now, I’m going to donate this to a… that place where kids have no things like us.” He said nodding his head. “Yeah, that.” He whispered.

“Language aside,” She got up from the floor, and corrected him. “You mean an orphanage?” Sandara’s eyebrow rose.

Jiyong rolled his eyes, “Know it all.” he whispered under his breath. Sandara stomped on the ground, and tried getting her blanket back.

“Would please give Alatina Hearts back to me?!” She yelled slapping his arm, but he only chuckled at her.

Jiyong shook his head, “Nope, I’m giving this to an orpflange.” He said proudly, “I’m not that bad of an as you think I am. Well, not like TOP bad , but yeah.”

“You mean an ORPHANAGE.” Sandara corrected him once again, making big emphasis on the orphanage word. She smiled in her head. He might be a bad , but she was uhm, bad corrector? “Come on, give me Alatina Hearts already!” She yelled trying to grab her blanket away from Jiyong once again.

“What kind of a ing name is Alatina Hearts?!” He yelled lifting up the blanket away from Sandara.

Sandara stopped, and looked at the ground, “I think it’s a nice name.” She said smiling to herself. The name reminded her of someone she cherished. She closed her eyes, not trying to let her tears come over her. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand chuckling at how stupid she was right now.

Jiyong on the other hand looked at her confused, and honestly he was kind of worried. He has never seen Sandara cried, and if it was now. He couldn’t help but think it’s his fault. “Sandara, are you okay?” He asked her rubbing her back.

“Dara.” She corrected him. She had like the nickname he had given her, but she dared not to tell a soul. Jiyong nodded his head.

“Uhhh… if this is about your blanket, uhm, I was kidding!” He said making a laugh that insulted Dara. “Here,” he gave her-her blanket and hugged her. “No more crying, okay?” Dara nodded her head on his chest.

“er!” Dara yelled pulling away from Jiyong with Alatina Hearts in her hands. “Gosh! Men are so easy to trick!” She laughed, and shook her head placing her blanket back on her bed. Her back was facing Jiyong, and he just realized he was tricked by a girl. And, she was Dara, the know it all.

“You Kwon Jiyong I win this time!” She yelled punching the air! “Now, I want a sandw-!” She stumbled on the bed feeling something hard on her back.

“What did you say now?” Jiyong asked on top of Dara. He tackled her out of nowhere. He was chuckling while she was protesting and screaming about her outfit, and a whole lot of things, especially her hair. Gosh, this woman was a lot of things Jiyong couldn’t take, but it was weird; he liked it that way.

“Yes! Right there! Perfect! Oh!” Dara opened groaning something in her sleep. Jiyong stared at her with wide eyes thinking if she was dreaming about… somewhere down that stretch. His eyes widened when he heard her say, “Oh, Jiyong that’s perfect!”

He looked down at his pants, and saw a little Jiyong waking up from his sleep. He covered his bottom, “.” He whispered heading towards the bathroom.

~

A/N: As I said, the first few chapters aren’t all that. I just want you guys to see how Dara & Jiyong are getting along, and with their friends of course. And, yes! Jiyong is a football player. Who would have known? So, is TOP. I find that very hot, but whatever. Lol, maybe two more chapters, and I’ll get into the plot. Thank you guys for keeping up with the boring chapters! /hugs

P.S:Sorry for not updating in awhile. I’ve been having a hard time in school, and I literally had my head blocked so I couldn’t write a thing.