Chapter Three: My Fist & Your Nickname

Along The Sidelines

A/N: Okay, this chapter is pretty short. So, I don’t have much to say. Enjoy!

P.S: Sorry for the typos, and the bad grammar.

~

Jiyong was walking to his next class thinking about a few things that he’d like to keep to himself until he was sure of it. Dammit, he saw it. He can’t go denying it. He hissed, and pushed someone. Jiyong was the all mighty jock. He was like a king in a castle. People feared him, he was mean, self-centered, and he never really cared what other people felt. When he walked through the hallways people would part like the red sea, they didn’t want to piss him off. His parents were oblivious about his attitude in school. He acted as a pretty twelve-year old with nothing but innocence all around him, but since his Mother caught him sneaking eyes on his little character fell. What was he suppose to do now? His parents were going to figure out how ed up his life is, and how much he thinks of himself as hell. He hated his self. He always thought was just going to be this huge jock in high school, but when he thought of the future he could only see Jiyong ten years from now sitting on the side of the road begging for money. He never told anyone though he kept up a pretty thick wall. Yes, he never really was the person to convey his feelings. He liked it better when he kept it to himself. It was better than taking from other people. The world changed, and frankly he had to go along with it.

But the big question was still swinging in the air. Why the hell was TOP talking to Sandara of all people?! He rolled his eyes, maybe she wasn’t as innocent as he thought she was, or as much as she played it out to be.

“Where the were you yesterday?” He heard a familiar voice, his blood instantly boiled. He looked back and was right, it was TOP, that mother er. He turned to him and tackled him pushing him up against the lockers. “The Kwon!” TOP hissed as he struggled to get away from Jiyong.

“The with you sending me a tape at four in the morning, huh?!” Jiyong pushed him harder. TOP spat as his face.

“Like you didn’t like my birthday present!” Top kicked his foot. It was time to pull out the big guns. Jiyong clenched his fist. He landed a punch on TOP, and the latter wiped his lips feeling the blood on the back of his hand. “Is that how you say thank you now?! Let me say your welcome!” He punched Jiyong back making him land on the floor. Jiyong touched his eye, and he knew he was going to get one. TOP kicked him on the side, but Jiyong stood up even though his side was hurting. He shoved TOP against the lockers, and smiled before punching him.

~

The moving of ice in a pack, and the light scribble on a clipboard meshed up, and hummed a tune in the air. A groan was pushed in the little melody once in awhile. An old woman between her 50’s shook her head when she glanced over to the two. “Well, it seems like you two didn’t cause much damage to each other.” Jiyong removed the frozen peas from his eye, “Keep that on your eyes.” The nurse said, as she scribbles something, again. She tore the piece of paper that was attached to her clipboard, and gave it to the two. TOP nodded, while Jiyong rolled his eyes. “You two behave.” She pointed at the both of them with her pen, and glared at them before she left.

“This is all your fault, Kwon.” TOP winced when he placed some ice on his lip. It had a pretty big cut, but not much as Jiyong’s eye. They both had some blood stained on their shirt. They were sitting on separate beds across from each other. Jiyong looked at TOP, and gave him the finger. He just falsely laughed turning his head to the side avoiding Jiyong hole piercing eyes. He heard him mumble and caught the words “your……mom”. WHAT? That was just disturbing. They sat there in silence both having something cold against their face. Their silent breaths were like hums. “So, what the has gotten into you?” The taller latter asked.

Jiyong sighed, “Mom caught me watching YOUR birthday gift.” TOP snorted.

“How is that my fault?” He asked finally laughing. Jiyong gave him a death glare, “I’m sorry, okay, okay, I’ll shut up.”

“It just is, okay?!” Jiyong yelled feeling pain on his side as he did. He cursed, and placed his hand on the spot where he felt like his whole body was crumbling. “We ed up.” He blurted out. TOP nodded with a small smile on his face.

“Bros?” TOP asked while shaking his head, “Where the hell can I get a beer when I need one in here?” He was embarrassed, but he knew one of them had to fix this.

“Bros,” Jiyong stood up, and hugged him. TOP pushed him away.

“I didn’t say you were allowed to go gay over me, Kwon!” He slapped the air, making Jiyong laugh. Yep, they were totally brothers for life.

The slightly sweet brotherly moment was interrupted with the sound of the door opening, they both quickly composed themselves, and Jiyong sat back to his spot. They hope both it wasn’t Nurse Lee. She was a creep! A lunatic! She freaked kids out. A tiny head of a brunette poked out the slightly opened door. “Can I come in?” She asked biting her lower lip. Jiyong cursed at her, but she didn’t leave for he hadn’t said no. Her head was just there for awhile until TOP let her in.

“Come on in.”  He smiled at her patting the space next to him. She happily sat next to him. “What are you doing here rabbit?” TOP asked her. Jiyong watched the scene in horror. NO WAY IN HELL IS HE GOING TO ACCEPT THIS NEW FORMED FRIENDSHIP!

“Uh, I thought I would check on Jiyong since the nurse came to me telling me what happened between you two,” She pointed out while moving her hands as she spoke. It was a habit Jiyong took notice of. “But since he does not want me here let us just say I am her for a new friend.” She smiled at TOP, and he winked at her making her giggle. Jiyong groaned.

“Will you two stop being so all lovey-dovey in front of me?! It freaks me out!” He said making the eerie face.

The two couple across him laughed at his actions. “We aren’t though,” TOP said while he pointed at Jiyong. “You jealous, Kwon? Just because I got to know your new fellow housemate doesn’t mean were doing it in the janitors closet.”

Jiyong swept the thought of Sandara, and TOP doing IT. “Hell no!” He yelled getting up. Suddenly they heard the door open. The nurse stepped in the moment, and gestured TOP to get up, and follow her. “Your parents are here.” TOP nodded, and followed the old woman, but before she left she winked at Sandara once more for that day. When the two left, Sandara sighed, and dropped the rest of her body on the bed.

“Thank God.” She sighed, while she smiled resting her head on the soft bed. Jiyong’s eyebrow shot up looking at the tiny girl in front of her.

“What’s up with you?” He asked her as he did the same thing as Sandara did. They both lied on their backs staring at ceiling thinking of nothing.

“Nothing,” She replied, and it ended up being a whisper, but Jiyong heard it. He nodded his head on the bed, making the sheets crumple.

“Thanks, for coming to check on me by the way, Dara.” Jiyong said closing his eyes. Sandara’s eyes widened to his words.

He called her Dara, he gave her a nickname which she never had.

She smiled, and closed her eyes as well. “No, thank you.” They both drifted to sleep.

~

Dara’s last thought: It’s a small leap, but it’s a start.

A/N: I’m currently writing the next chapter, I’ll probably update a little later, but that is uncertain.