Chiron's Killer

The Demon Lord's Bride

Taecyeon's Pov.

th?id=H.4922205563850278&w=162&h=171&c=7

I glanced over at her, Her eyes were closed.  And she seemed to have been completely out. I sighed, resting my head onto my headrest behind me.

What should I do now?...

I stared at the corpse in front of me, it didn't take long till I saw a cloud of dust turning beside the dead beast.

Then she appeared.

 Her gaze like always unsympathetic as her body materialized before me. I swallowed a breathe,  as I caught her gaze. She stared at me for a long while before she kneeled before the beast. She sliped her arms around the beasts mane as she studied the body.  I glanced over at Kendall once more, making sure thst she was entirely unconciously. I decided to get of the car.  As I made my way towards her, I felt a wave of dread collide into me.

"You killed Chiron."

I flinched, her words were simple. And so was her tone. 

"I...I didn't.."

She turned to me, her eyes were  the color of grey dusk.  Different than the ones I saw the first time we've met. Or rather not the first time, but the time where I've reached maturity.  "Taeyceon, killing a hellhound is a Vice" she whispered.

"I'm confused. Chiron was chasing-"

"He was chasing the girl" she answered her eyes flickering over to my car, where Kendall was.

"The girl?....Kendall? What does the lord want with her?!..Wait. How does the lord know her?!"  I asked, shaking my head.

"She's the lord's last soul" She answered, as she softly lay the dead beast's corpse on the floor and held out her right  arm. A charm in the shape of a flask fell from her bracelet. It swayed in midair, while she closed her eyes. Silently whispering a chant, the flask glowed a bright violet before the beast started to disperse into a fine mist of violet as well. I watched in silent as the mist flowed into the flask .

"Last soul..."

"Yes.  And the lord would've succeeded if you hadn't interfered so blatantly" She stood from the ground as she turned to me.

I frowned, " I was protecting a friend"

"What friend" She hissed, her eyes widened with a cold cast.

"Did you forget your place? your purpose? who you are?!  What place do you have befriending  a human?!" She growled.

"I didn't forget..."

"Chiron could've killed you.." She started, I glanced at the violet flask on her bracelet. "But he didn't"

"I...I didn't mean too-"

"Chiron was your friend. Did you not forget how many times he saved you during your difficult missions? For a human, you ripped your friend's throat. Taecyeon. I am so very disappointed in you"

"It's...it's not like that..."

Guilt panged my chest.

Chiron had been nothing but a loyal friend to me.

He was following the Lord's orders.  And I killed him. With my own bare hands.

What have I done....

"Follow me. You will report and explain to the lord. What happened"  she turned.

"I can't " I stood back.

She turned slowly, her cold expression as always stolid.

"I have to stay  behind. I have to protect her"

She studied me for a long moment before she lets out a laugh, "Are you bewitched?"

 "I know what I'm doing "

"Then, What are you doing?!" She cried. Before I knew what I was doing, I spoke.

" Umuni...I've never asked you for a favor before. Please. Just this once. Let me do something that....something that 'I' feel worthwhile " I countered.

For a moment, I thought I caught a glimpse of human emotion flit across her face. But as the new second arrived, her expression remained compose.

"What makes you think protecting that woman would be worth while? Do you not know how powerful our lord is? Do you still-"

"Dad tried to protect you" I whispered.

She froze, an action I've rarely seen  her commit.

"And he failed" she answered, her head raised as the hallows of her eyes brightened.