Stage 2: Tipsiness

10 Types of Drunk People

Jongup watches the two of you from the corner of the room. He bitterly finishes up his beer, scrunches up the can and gets another.

Sunhwa sees this from the cocktail bar that she and Youngjae had set up. “Oh wow, what's gotten into him?”

Youngjae follows her gaze. “Who, Jongup? He's probably upset about Hyosung's sister not paying attention to him. Just you watch though, once he's tipsy, all his apparent shyness will be completely gone,” he laughed.

Sunhwa shoots him a warning look. “That's not right, Jae,” she tells him and runs after Jongup. “Yah! Uppie!”

Jongup turns around, a frown set on his innocent face. “Yes?”

“Don't be down, Uppie. Come on, why don't we get a game ready or something?” she asks kindly.

He smiles sadly and nods.

 

Himchan is dancing with some random girl whose name he doesn't even know. She's pretty; she's got dark brown hair that goes just past her shoulders, full lips highlighted in an elegant red lipstick, her almond shaped eyes done with eyeliner like they wore it in the 50's. She has a cute but confident smile. Her short black dress showcases her long legs perfectly, yet it isn't too short to the point where she looked like an easy win.

Just as he puts his hand on her waist, Sunhwa starts yelling to announce a game of beer pong. Himchan rolls his eyes and turns to the girl. She shakes her head. “Drinking games aren't really my think. I prefer it to come somewhat gradually as the party goes on,” she explains, smirking.

Himchan smiles to himself. He likes this girl already. Drinking games make things unchallenging. “I see,” he says, holding out his hand. “Would you like to get a drink with me?”

She takes it, her smirk not disappearing. “As you wish.”

 

Youngjae sees the two people he hoped would never meet each other approaching his bar.

“Ah, Himchan,” Youngjae greets him. “I see you've met my cousin, Eunmi.” He shoots him a poisonous glare.

“Indeed I have. She's very cute,” Himchan says smugly. Eunmi flirtatiously leans her face on the palm of her hand and giggles. “I'll have a Pina Colada, and...” he looks at Eunmi.

“A Bloody Mary,” she fills in.

“And a Bloody Mary for the lady,” Himchan finishes.

“Coming right up,” Youngjae growls.

He goes to prepare the cocktails and makes sure to add some of his saliva to Himchan's. He hands them to his customers with a smile plastered on his face.

Himchan has a taste and makes a satisfied “mmmmmm” sound. “Wow, Youngjae, you've really improved. Remember last year when you added coconut shavings to the Pina Colada?” he laughs.

Youngjae frowns. “No one else drinks such ridiculous drinks. I didn't think to buy coconut cream.”

 

Jongup throws his ball. It lands in the last remaining cup and makes a splashing sound. He looks proud with himself and turns to Hyosung.

“Unni, I should warn you that if you don't hit the cup this time, you'll already be having your fourth shot,” Hyojin says to her sister.

“She's had too much to not miss,” Jongup laughs. “But lets see.”

Hyosung picks up the ball and aims carefully, squinting one eye while doing so. She throws and the ball lands in the cup farthest from her.

She jumps up, high-fives Hyojin and does a small happy dance.

“Don't be so happy, this just means none of us drink,” Jongup said, shaking his head, trying to contain his smile.

Her smile fades a little. “Yah! I hate this game!”

“Play against me!” Hyojin invites her.

Hyosung hesitates. “Fine, but if I lose, I'm leaving.”

She wins. Hyojin takes her second shot of beer.