Stage 3: Sloppiness

10 Types of Drunk People

Zinger nudges Jieun. “Hey, I think we should bring out the cake while we're still somewhat capable.”

Jieun nods. They leave to the basement. 

They come back carrying a huge cake that towers almost above their heads. On the thick layer of chocolate cream covering the top of the cake, caricatures of each of the members' faces are drawn in icing.

The girls place it on the kitchen table and Zinger taps a knife against an empty glass to get everyone's attention. 

People start forming a circle around the members of B.A.P and Secret. Jieun turns the music down.

Once the noise has died down, Hyosung clears and starts her speech. “I haven't known the members of bap for that long. When I first found out the company was debuting a new boy group, I thought who are these people and why is their group name so silly. Seriously, each one of them seemed stupider than the other. Let's start with Bang Yongguk. His loud caveman voice makes him look really scary. Kim Himchan, who has a face like a princess but a voice like a truck driver. Jung Daehyun, a man so arrogant, not even Hitler could compete with him.” A few chuckles erupt from the room at the nonsense that Hyosung was spewing. “Then we have Yoo Youngjae. He just looked like a hamster to me. Moon Jongup took me a while to remember. You barely even knew he was there because he never speaks. You just saw his confused puppy face. And finally, Choi Junhong. Constantly begging for attention.”

She takes a deep breath. “But after getting to know them better, I discovered that I very much like all of them. Zelo is a hard worker, and despite still being practically a toddler, he's very talented. Jongup is a complete sweetheart. It's hard to imagine he ever thinks negatively about anyone. Youngjae is very smart for a hamster. Daehyun is actually right to have a huge ego, since he is an excellent singer and is quite good looking, too. I just wish he'd stop picking at the cake while I'm talking, it's rude!” she slaps hungry Daehyun's hand away and carries on. “Himchan is a huge pig. He really puts the “rap” in “crap”. I mean he puts the “crap” in “rap”,” she pauses, thinking it over, then gives up. “Nevermind. He really puts the “ting” in disgusting.” With the ting she taps her glass and chortles at her own attempt at a joke. A few others start laughing too, because she really looks quite ridiculous. “But he is still a great friend and is very funny. And Yongguk, despite his tough image, you can really tell that he is a good person and really loves his group. He takes good care of them,” she smiles. “So, to wish them much luck in the future, lets drink to B.A.P!”

With that, the rest of the members of Secret each pop open a bottle of champagne and start to pour anyone holding their glass out a generous amount.

Everyone cheers and once again, drink.

“Finally, cake!” Daehyun mutters and cuts himself a large slice, making sure he got his whole cartoon face. He examines it closely. I guess I really am pretty handsome... But why did they make my eyes so puffy? And my skin is NOT that dark! he thinks to himself. Then he shrugs and dives into the chocolatey goodness.

 

Yongguk sits next to Hyosung on her couch. She's staring into her champagne, her eyes filled with tears. “That was a nice speech,” he says.

“Thanks,” Hyosung smiles sadly. “Be careful Yongguk. It might seem like you're doing well now, but their futures really depend on you more than you think. You could say one word wrong and everything starts tumbling down.” The tears start pouring down her face.

Yongguk puts his arm around her. “Don't blame yourself for that, Hyosung. It could happen to anyone,” he tries to comfort her.

She shakes her head. “That's the problem. Everything is so fragile,” she sobs. “I believe that everyone was put on this planet for a reason. When I look at you, I can tell that you were born to be a leader. Of a group, gang, boyscouts, what have you. You are just supposed to boss people around,” she wipes her tears and takes a deep breath. “I used to think I was like that too, but then look what happened. Now everyone thinks I'm a sick bastard that goes on Ilbe and I've brought my group down with me. What is my purpose in life then, if not being a leader?”

Yongguk just silently rubs her shoulder, not wanting to say anything that could upset her more. He might be caring, but he isn't good with words. Especially when there's a crying woman involved.

“They say all humans are supposed to do is love. But what is love anyway? It seems that everything that is done for love are actually just acts of selfishness. So that we can feel like we're worth something. But then what seperates the bad people from the good, if deep down, we're all capable of hate, greed and other disgusting things?”

 

I think you can already tell what kind of drunk Hyosung is LOL.