Stage 1: Sobriety

10 Types of Drunk People

You check your watch. It's 6pm and no one has yet decided how they want to celebrate B.A.P's 500th day since their debut.

“Why can't we just have a movie night? It'd be cheap, easy and fun!” Jieun suggests with a slight whine in her voice.

Himchan snorts. “Cheap and easy, that's just your style, isn't it?”

“Movie night would be a cheap and easy solution, but not really fun,” Yongguk says, shushing Himchan. “Besides, we do that practically every weekend.”

Jieun crosses her arms sulkily. “But I don't want to wake up with a hangover again!”

“No one says you have to drink,” Himchan says, putting his arm around the girl's shoulders. “But it really wouldn't hurt you to live a little.”

Jieun shook Himchan's arm off.

“So what options do we really have? Either we throw a party or we go to the club,” Youngjae spoke. “I don't know any clubs that would let in a sixteen year old.”

“We could leave the sixteen year olds behind,” Daehyun sniggered.

Now it was Zelo's turn to complain. “Yah! It's my anniversary too! Besides, I measure more than you!”

“What I would like to know is why you said sixteen year olds, like there's more of them. I'm seventeen, Dae. Jongup is eighteen. So sit the down or you'll be the one getting left behind,” you tell him off.

Hyosung pats your head as if you were a dog. “There, there. Don't let the bad boy wind you up,” she says mockingly. “Daehyung, I know a club which is sixteen and over, but it's very low class. Full of teenage girls in tube tops grinding up on each other.”

Youngjae nodded knowlingly. “So we have a party here.”

 

At around nine, the first guests start arriving, carrying bottles of booze in crates. “Sorry for the short notice,” the members take turns to greet each of them and show them where to leave the drinks.

In the living room Zinger and Yongguk are arguing about what music to put on. Yongguk insists on playing his own group's. “Come on, it's comletely inappropriate!” Zinger declares.

“How is it inappropriate?! It's the opposite if anything, it's our house, our party and our anniversary!” Yongguk argues.

Zinger rolls her eyes. “Normal people can't dance to your music though!”

Yongguk raises his eyebrows. “Normal people? So what do you think you are, Jung Hana?”

“What? No-! You know what I meant!” she says, exasperated. “Fine, play your own music.”

He smirks and plugs his iPod to the speakers. Instead of B.A.P's rapping though, American party music starts playing loudly. “Happy?” he asks his noona.

She gives him a satisfied smile and reaches out for two cans of beer, gently tossing one to Yongguk.

 

The maknae is sitting on the couch, nibbling on chips, awkwardly watching the party unfold. You walk over and sit down next to him. “What's wrong, baby?” you ask him in a motherly way.

He only now notices your presence. “Nothing,” he says, sitting up. “I just don't have anything to do...”

You chuckle at his cuteness. “The party's only getting started and you're already bored?”

He nods his head. “Well, I'm too young to drink and well, what else is there to do?”

“Wait here,” you tell him and dash off to the kitchen. You open the fridge and pull out a regular beer for yourself and a grapefruit beer for Zelo. You hide them under your shirt, just in case, and return to the maknae.

His eyes go wider than saucers when you hand him the drink. “What the he-”

“Relax,” you cut him off. “It's closer to lemonade than anything.”

His expression goes back to normal. Then he sees the can you just popped open and looks at you suspiciously. “That's not lemonade.”

“I know. I'm older than you though, baby.”

He frowns, not even bothering to yell at you for calling him a baby. You did bring him a forbidden beverage, after all. “Well, cheers,” he says and clinks his can against yours. He takes a sip from his grapefruit beer. His face scrunches up from the bitterness. Then he realizes you're watching him, and wanting to look like a big boy, he smiles.

“First taste of alcohol huh?” you .

He smiles shyly and takes another sip. This time his face doesn't change whatsoever, even though you think he might be giving it his best effort to control it. “Here, want to taste some real beer?” you offer.

He looks at you hesitantly. “Noona, are you drunk already?” he quietly asks.

You let out a short laugh. This was actually your first beer this evening. “Yah! Do you want some or not?!”

He nods. You hand him your beer and watch him eagerly. He takes a gulp and blinks a couple of times, taking in the taste. “This is actually much better,” he finally says.

“Look who's all grown up!” you say, ruffling his hair. “Keep it. Don't tell anyone. Especially not Daehyun.”

He smiles sheepishly. “Of course.”

“Come on, lets dance,” you say, holding out your hand.  

 

Just so no one gets confused, I should clarify that the "you" character is called Hyojin and is Hyosung's younger sister. I thought I should add this because I want to write about everyone's POV, not just Hyojin's, since she can't be everywhere at once. :(