Nice To Meet You

Confessions of A Broken Heart (hiatus)

Listen while you read

 


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0YvAcxh17KkAylLjaeRztumblr_lzs7zi0eLl1qlct3jo1_500.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo3a4qe4VVIiLNHm4pAfs

black-divider-no-background-hi.pngblack-divider-no-background-hi.png

 

Nice To Meet You

The sun was shining brightly outside of the XOXO Cafe. Suzy was dressed in a simple white blouse, faded skinny jeans, and white flats with bows near the toes. On top of that, she wore a light pink apron with the word "XOXO" stitched on the front in black cursive leters. Her hair was tied up neatly into a bun with a cute bunny hair clip holding up her bangs.

Suzy sighed as she wiped her hands on her apron and continued to mop the floor. The bright sun did not match her mood at all.

"Suzy, you can go now! Sorry I'm late!" A voice called.

Suzy smiled as Jia came over and took the mop away from her. "It's okay Jia unnie. I don't mind."

"Don't be silly. I might get you in trouble if you're late for your other job. Eat before you go. It's lunch time already." Jia said with a smile.

"Thanks a lot unnie. Min unnie~" Suzy called sweetly. "Can you make me kimchi ramyun~?"

"Yeah, sure. Just wait there." Min called from the kitchen.

Suzy smiled happily as she took off her apron and sat down at a booth. She untied her hair and took out the clip and set it on the table.

Because it was around lunch time, the cafe started to fill up quickly.

"Excuse me? Is someone sitting here?" A voice asked. 

Suzy looked up to see a tall, handsome stranger holding a briefcase. He loosened his tie awkwardly as he waited for Suzy's response.

"No, you can sit here." Suzy said.

The stranger nodded as he sat down. "Thank you. I didn't know the cafe would be this full today."

"Do you come here often? I've never seen you here before." Suzy asked as she leaned her elbows on the table.

"I've never been here before but this cafe is close to my work area so I decided to check it out. I'm Kim Myungsoo by the way, but people call me L. What's your name?" 

"Suzy. Bae Suzy." She said as she shook Myungsoo's hand. "You look really fancy for coming to a small cafe like this."

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly. "Yeah... I'm a producer at Woolim Entertainment."

"Chinja? Wow! That's so cool! Actually, my boyf-" Suzy paused for a moment. Her expression of amazement quickly turned into sadness at the thought of Jason.

"Is something wrong?" Myungsoo asked.

"It's nothing... My boyfriend is also a producer... For Starkim Entertainment....." Suzy said as she looked down at the table. "It doesn't even feel right to call him my boyfriend..."

"Hey... I know I don't know this guy at all, but I do know that a beautiful girl like you should never have such a sad look on her face." Myungsoo said as he tapped Suzy's nose. 

Suzy wiggled her nose cutely. "That's very kind of you to say."

"Suzy, your ramyun is finished" Jia asked as she put the bowl down in front of Suzy. 

"Thanks Unnie. Can you ask Min unnie to make another bowl?"

"Yeah sure."

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows as Jia left. "You're going to eat more?"

"No silly. It's for you." Suzy giggled. "Since it's your first time here, I'm pretty sure you don't know what they serve. Trust me, the kimchi ramyun is the best. I have to go now. Stay as long as you like. It was really nice to meet you."

Suzy grabbed her bag and squeezed through the crowd of people and headed out the door.

"Here's your order, sir." Jia said as she set the bowl on the table and walked away.

Myungsoo opened his chopsticks and ate. "She was right. It is pretty good." 

Myungsoo looked up from his ramyun and saw the clip Suzy accidentally left behind. He stared at it and chuckled.

"A bunny... What a cute girl."

 


Song - Awkward Love by As One