Another Cold Night

Confessions of A Broken Heart (hiatus)

Listen while you read

 


LED-Apple1-300x163.png18.gifsuzy-miss-a.jpg

black-divider-no-background-hi.pngblack-divider-no-background-hi.png

Another Cold Night

It was one of those cold, rainy nights where Suzy lay awake in her bed. Those kinds of nights where you wished there was someone to hold onto and share the warmth of their body. For Suzy, there was no one with her. Even with her boyfriend, everything felt cold. 

Suzy tossed and turned in her bed. No matter what she did, she couldn't sleep. She just couldn't shake off the pain she felt in her heart. It was shattering and being torn into pieces, but there was nothing she could do to stop it.  She held her hands close to her heart as she cried softly.

Why was she crying, you ask? Who wouldn't cry knowing that their boyfriend was out with another girl. Suzy knew Jason was out at a club having the time of his life dancing, drinking, and flirting with other girls.

But this wasn't the first night she spent laying awake crying.

This had been happening for months now.

It was more like a routine now.

Jason would go out, Suzy would wait for him and think about all of the reasons he was doing this. No matter what, she always found a way to blame herself, saying she wasn't good enough for Jason and that he would have gotten tired of her eventually. Then, Jason would come home and ignore her existence completely.

Suzy sat straight up as she heard the front door slam open. Jason was finally home. Suzy immediately to her side and faced away from the door. She didn't want Jason to see her in such a weak state. Not that he would care anyway.

Jason quickly changed and laid down next to Suzy but kept his back turned towards her. He knew that Suzy wasn't asleep. 

Jason let out a sigh and closed his eyes, letting sleep overtake him. 

When morning came, Suzy woke up and turned off the alarm so Jason could sleep in. She kissed his forehead gently and went to make breakfast. After she was finished making breakfast, she poured a mug of coffee. She hated coffee, but Jason loved it.

"Good morning." She said softly as Jason came into the room rubbing his forehead.

Jason didn't answer her as he grabbed the mug of coffee and his jacket and left for work. Because he was a producer, he would get off work late. He came home even later because.. well, you know why. The only time he and Suzy would see each other was in the mornings.

Suzy sighed as she sat down at the table she set for two and ate her breakfast in complete silence.

After she was finished eating her breakfast, Suzy put Jason's half of breakfast into the fridge and went to get ready for her job at a local cafe. 


Song - Breakable Heart by Lyn