Final

You Forgetful Jerk!

I gasped as I heard that familiar voice that sent shivers down my spine and the hair on my neck stood up. It can’t be him right? It couldn’t be the guy that I was waiting for right? I turned around only to see Lay looking at me with cute questioning eyes. I bit my lip as I saw his attire. He was wearing a tuxedo while a bouquet of roses is in his hands.

 

“Who said I was a forgetful jerk?” Yixing asked me cutely that I had to looked down at my feet in shame. I heard him sigh until I felt fingers on my chin, tilting my head up. I saw Yixing’s sincere eyes that it almost—I repeat almost fell for it but I still kept my guard down and looked at him with same confident yet cute eyes.

 

“Yah, Jung Nomi. Did you ever think that I would even forget our anniversary? Seriously? Don’t you even trust me?” I furrowed my eyebrows at him when suddenly everything was put on me. I scoffed and slapped his fingers away from holding my chin but I still held my chin up and retorted back.

 

“For your information, who forgot to go on our date and my birthday? Who spent money just to look good for your boyfriend and even prepare tickets for the movie?! Who forgot our anniversary?!” I yelled at him while still asking him while I was raising my voice. My vision started to get blurry that I had to wipe them away. I didn’t care if they recognized me nor Yixing since I live in a part of town where not that much people likes Kpop.

 

“I knew in the first place that you were so forgetful. You’re sweet, kind and caring to me that I can’t even bare to get mad at you. But I feel like I am not important to you anymore, like I am not a part of your life. Questions started rolling in my mind if you still wanted to date me or not. You have an idol career while I am just a supervisor in a company. I know your idol life is not easy but at least just answer my calls or text messages,” I told him off as my voice kept on getting weaker and weaker. I never ever did have a fight with Yixing.

 

I was always an understanding girlfriend to him but sometimes it gets out of hand that at least someone needs to fall apart. Not everyone is strong. I know I am but strong and brave people needs to cry at least once in a while.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? I never thought you would feel this way—“

 

“Well then God Bless you for knowing now,” I sarcastically told him but he just sent me a glance that told me to shut up.

 

“As I was saying, I never thought you would feel this way. I’m sorry that I never answer your calls or text messages. My manager confiscates it during practice time and when I’m on TV. He only gives it to us when we are already in our dorm and I just lie down on the couch and start sleeping. I am really sorry Nomi, I am really sorry that I need you to come with me and I will make it up to you, I promise. I will make it up to you and I will never ever hurt you again that not even the world can hurt you when you’re with me. I love you Nomi,”

 

That’s it. I broke down right then and there and before you know it, I crashed into his arms and hugged him real tight like he was going to disappear soon. My sobs were evident and people could hear it but we could care less. I breathed in and out only to hear his heartbeat and the smell of his cologne. Oh how I miss this.

 

“Come on, I’ve got something to show you,” he whispered in my ear and I swear that I can melt anytime soon because of this boy.

 

“Where?” I asked him and he just put a finger on his lips before holding my hand and dragging me out of the mall. We went to a place where a lot of people usually go to but when I went there, there was not even anyone there. Not a single soul. The trees were hung with lights while there was a small bridge that was over a small pond. Everything just looked like magic.

 

“So, what do you think?” I heard him ask.

 

“It’s beautiful Yixing. Thank you,” I softly smiled at him before I planted as small peck on his cheeks where he smiled and showed his dimple. I chuckled and poked it while he just laughed at my childish action. He pulled me towards the bridge while he was still looking in my eyes intently and I didn’t even look anywhere except him.

 

“Nomi, we’ve been together for already three years right?” Yixing asked me and I nodded while I was still looking at the scenery. I looked below and saw the fish pond and I smiled at the fishes that were swimming freely.

 

“Nomi,” I felt him whispered huskily and when I looked at him he was very near my face that there was no place to breathe. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck while he encircled his arms around my waist. It was quite weird since there is no music and I am not wearing a proper attire. Only jeans and a button-up white polo shirt. I mentally laughed at that.

 

“You are seriously beautiful, Zhang Nomi,” he whispered in my ear and I blushed at what he said. I haven’t heard that personally for a long time so I was quite happy. I laughed happily when he spun me around and I landed on his chest. I smiled at him and we started swaying again but I abruptly stopped.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Did you call me Zhang Nomi?”

 

“Oh, I forgot again,” he removed his arms around me and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion until he kneeled in front of me while he was getting a box inside his pocket. I covered my mouth to hide my gasp when he opened it. There was a ring that had a small diamond in the middle while in the side says, Lay <3 Nomi

 

“Jung Nomi, would you like to be a Zhang? I mean be my wife? No… I mean will you marry me?” I chuckled at his nervousness before shouting a ‘yes’. He stood up and hugged me and we immediately shared an immediate kiss. This was the life and I loved it. I can’t wait to be this forgetful idol’s wife and I also can’t believe that he is also mine. Sorry fans, but this Zhang Yixing is mine and I am his forever.

 

We both parted until I heard him say one last thing, “Do you think our kid will be forgetful too?”

 

“Another forgetful person? Oh no,”