Chapter 36

Break Those Walls

"Ya Myungsoo teach me how to draw." Onew pouted and Myungsoo giggled at his reaction. He then sketched a splendor of banners and crowds about the elections. The job was tough, but he would allow Onew to use his submissions to earn more income. Afterall, he was supporting himself well.

In return, Onew would treat Myungsoo to chicken at a nearby restaurant where they would have banters and friendly conversation. They got to know each other better and became good friends as they shared the same passion of drawing.

"Hyung, I'm so troubled. I don't know what to do." Myungsoo buried his face in his hands and let out a long sigh. He was really at lost, contemplating if he should ever return back but he never did. He proceeded to tell the long story to Onew, who listened intently. This was the first time Myungsoo poured out so much to someone other than Jaehyun.

*It's because of me, my thrash article, my greed for money he is suffering now. I'm such a bad friend.* Onew became depressed and Myungsoo noticed the sharp fall of the color of his cheeks.

"Hyung you alright? Have a chicken." Myungsoo questioned warmly and offered a chicken wing to Onew.

-flashback-

"Lee Jinki, so are you up to it? It's just an article. Write thrash. Papers love gossip and I will make sure you are paid well." Ms Park waved the wad of money, tempting Onew.

"No sorry, I got my principles." Onew stated, still wavering about his decision.

"Fine USD 500 dollars for that article deal? You only make 50 USD each time. Plus, surely you need money for your parents huh?" Ms Park grinned evilly, playing on his weak spot.

"okay, don't tell anyone." Onew timidly pleaded as Ms Park patted his shoulders and reassured his secret.

few days later


"Good job Jinki, never knew you could write so well. Thanks for your thrash article. You may leave" Ms Park handed over the sum of money while Onew was filled with guilt. His eyes stayed low with his hoodie covering his face, when he saw a young men enter the living room.

"Hello Myungsoo. Reading the papers? Well how do you find the writer? Talented? I scouted him!" Ms Park smugly said as Onew lowered his hoodie lower.

*Sorry Myungsoo.* He remembered that he said that there and then to himself.

-End of flasback-
 

"How am I going to tell him that I am the root cause of his misery? How? He is such a nice friend, he even gave his drawings to me to sell and if he found out what I did I would be doomed." Onew continued to ponder forward.


 

The smell of chicken wing hit his nose as he look up to see Myungsoo handing a chicken wing to him.

*Myungsoo I'm really sorry, you are so nice to me.*

-

 

'Unknown number calling.' Myungsoo glanced at his mobile phone, puzzled. A few people knew his new number and he had saved Onew's number and Editor Jung's number so who could it be?

"Hello?" Myungsoo picked up the phone and said cautiously into the speaker.

 

"Haha Myungsoo hello you sound so scared!" The bubbly voice filled his ears as his shoulders eased with relief.

 

"Ya Lee Jaehyun how did you get my number?!" Myungsoo raised his voice amused. Jaehyun was taken aback as Myungsoo never called her by her full name before. But when he did, it was amusing and funny and Jaehyun giggled softly.

 

"I got it while you were still asleep on the couch  I'm glad you learnt your lesson not to sleep on the same bed as me." She chuckled.

 

"You took my phone without permission?" Myungsoo faked his anger but he was secretly leaping with joy.

 

"Yea, just wondering if you are free, can I meet you now?"