Chapter 2

Break Those Walls

People say 'time flies' and the world never stops. We huff and puff trying to race against time, be it projects or just sleeping, we compete with time. Our life's pace is faster than a Ferrari speeding.

 

Well except for Myungsoo. He has grown physically. A pair of eyes which emits nothing but sadness. A sharp angular nose that compliments his sharp jawline. His lips were perfect, thin and soft. Occasionally chapped due to his minimal intake of water. And his hair was a tuft of brown and black, all blended to give a nice shade which finally completes his facial profile. Myungsoo was 15.

 

But his heart? Still stuck at when he was eight. In his own eyes, he was a failure not able to protect his mother. What man was he? He blamed himself for his mother's death. He did not talk much. He would nod, shake his head or shrug his shoulders. His social interaction drastically reduced and Mr Kim arranged for him to be home schooled instead since Myungsoo could not communicate with his peers. His dear friends, namely Infinite, came to visit him frequently after school.

 

They were aware of Myungsoo's past. And how broken he was deep inside. They would try to be 'normal', hoping their enthusiasm would spark Myungsoo to laugh, or lets not hope too much. They would be eternally happy if Myungsoo even smiled once genuinely.

"Hey how many tickles does it take for a squid to laugh?!" Sunggyu cracked with his eyes small and laughing. He resembled a hamster greatly.

"10! Ten tickles! (tentacles) It's a pun joke hahaha!" Sunggyu exposed the answer and Dongwoo, with the most contagious laughter, bawled into tears and clutch his stomach laughing. The rest of Infinite laughed, except for Myungsoo, who was visibly upset.

 

"I hate marine creatures." Myungsoo murmured (his longest sentence of the day) and thrashed the pillow back at the sofa before returning back to this room. He hated all marine animals because they simply reminded him of piranhas. And of coursed he DESPISED LOATHED HATED piranhas.

 

That was how hard it was to interact with Myungsoo. Everything reminded him of his mother's death.

He hated glasses of water. Because they resembled the tank of piranhas his mother died in. 

He hated the color red. It was the color of his mother's blood.

He hated marine creatures. 

He hated being weak and helpless.

 

So Mr Kim replaced all the kitchen's glasses with packet drinks. It agitated Myungsoo less.

Mr Kim ordered all the walls and furniture to be painted of a different color. Not red. Red fan, red clothes, red bedsheets, red walls were all replaced with colors such as pastel, green or purple.

Mr Kim hired maids to help Myungsoo in every chore he used to do.

 

"Myungsoo-ah" His father walked into his room and sat beside him on his couch.

"Appa met a wonderful woman. She is just as beautiful and kind as Umma. Appa wants to marry her, what do you think?" Mr Kim spoke in a gentle voice, reassuring that his fiance will be a good mother to Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo just shrug his shoulders and went to bed. Seeing his child's reaction to be like this, Mr Kim simply shrugged his shoulders.

 

Looks like the shrugging shoulders now runs in their family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Hehe sorry for the little developement in the story guys! Please do not plagarise! All above content are purely original but don't think anyone will plagaise you all are lovely people :)

Suscribe :D