Chapter 1

Of Luhan, Sehun's Friend and Tail

“Wait, what?”

 

“You heard me. Yifan will be staying with you for the next couple of months until I decide when to come back,”

 

Luhan didn’t know what has gotten in his cousin’s mind. If he was not mistaken, Sehun said he would only stay in Kyoto for only a week. And now he said it will be a couple of months…or maybe even more than that.

 

“Why don’t you just drop him in Chanyeol’s house? I thought you said he was a good friend of Yifan?”

 

Sehun stopped folding his clothes when he stared at Luhan with a straight and bored look. He sighed faintly as he shook his head, hands already putting his neatly folded clothes into his luggage. He walked to where his wardrobe placed and search for another warm and comfortable clothes for him to wear in Kyoto. It was almost winter and he never liked the cold and frosty feelings of being outside where his body would be covered in snow. He had a weak immune system on top of that so he didn’t want to take any risks. Unlike his cousin, Luhan, who would be jumping in joy when he saw the first snowflake fell from the sky and the strawberry-blonde male wouldn’t keep quiet of how much he wanted to go outside, to make snow angels.

 

“I don’t trust Chanyeol-hyung when it comes about taking a good care of somebody…or something. Anyway, sure he is a very good friend to him, but that’s just it. He’s never good with taking care of someone that’s why he has Baekhyun-hyung by his side,”

 

His cousin sighed as he heard the older male mumbled something along between ‘midget taking care of giant’ and ‘how the hell he can get that eyeliner guy as his lover’. He chuckled silently in his head as he walked back and forth from his wardrobe to his luggage.

 

“I don’t even know this Yifan guy! I never heard this guy from you so why the sudden plan of keeping him under my roof?”

 

“I only trust you, hyung. Besides, you wouldn’t so lonely for the next couple of months with Yifan in your house. And he’s from China just like you, I’m sure you guys will get along well,”

 

The strawberry-blonde male groaned in disapprove as he dropped his body on top of Sehun’s unmake bed.

 

“But you know I’m not very good with stranger and now I will be stuck with this Yifan for such a long time!”

 

Sehun scoffed as he finally zipped up the luggage and locked it by punching the lock codes. He sat himself right next to Luhan’s head on his bed.

 

“You’ll survive hyung. Yifan is nice, although he can be a bit stubborn and grumpy when his sleep is interrupted.”

 

Luhan groaned again in distaste when thoughts of living under the same roof with a stranger. He never met this guy before so it was normal of him to get nervous and awkward. Usually Sehun would introduce his friends to him when the younger male invited them to sleep over. But as far as he remembered, he never heard this Yifan Sehun called his best friend.

 

“Come on hyung. Please? I’ll treat you bubble teas when I’m back from Kyoto”

 

The older male sighed and puckered his lips. His brows furrowed as his eyes met with the younger male.

 

“Two months or else,”

 

Sehun smirked when Luhan fell into his trap. Bubble tea always did the magic.

 

“Deal. I’ll send him tomorrow morning when I leave,”

 

He stood and grabbed his laptop from his study desk. Luhan raised his eyebrow,

 

“Why not today?”

 

Sehun was busy typing away an email to his childhood friend in Kyoto before he finally answered Luhan’s question. Eyes never leaving the bright screen of his laptop.

 

“He’s at the vet,”

 

He secretly took a glance and shook his head in amusement when his cousin only shrugged with no care at all.

 

The younger male smirked. He couldn’t wait to see Luhan’s reaction when he knew he was being fooled.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

And truth to be told, Luhan did get fooled.

 

Doe eyes widened, mouth gaping slightly, one hand on the doorknob of his house while the other took a hold of the door frame. His eyes were focused on one thing right in front of him, just next to Sehun’s leg.

 

His eyes snapped back to meet his cousin’s, still with his mouth gaping.

 

“T-that’s…you… Sehun-ah, I clearly remember that you will bring that friend of yours to my house. But…w-what is t-that?”

 

The last words came out as a stutter when he saw that thing which stood right next to Sehun’s leg suddenly crouched down into a sitting position. It seemed it was sniffing a bit to recognizing its surrounding. Luhan almost lost his footing when he saw something poked out behind its large body.

 

And it wagged ever so slightly.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, but the reaction Luhan gave to the creature beside him just now was predictable. As Luhan never countered one closely just like this moment. Let’s say, his manly cousin (Luhan always claimed himself as one) had issues with creatures like the one sat next to his leg now.

 

He pulled the chain which linked to a collar around the creature’s neck gently to get its attention.

 

“Well hyung. As you can see clearly with your eyes, you already know what this is right? Now let’s skip the explanation because I need to leave in half an hour,”

 

The younger fished out his cellphone out from his jacket and sighed when his calculation was right. He smiled when he felt the creature below him leaned its body slightly into his leg. The younger’s eyes trailed to meet Luhan’s ones.

 

“Hyung, meet my best friend and you’re soon to be housemate, Yifan. Say ‘hi’ Yifan,”

 

Sadly, what Luhan got was a glare.

 

Wait.

 

Did it just glare at him?

 

He took a step back as he gulped visibly.

 

“You never s-said Yifan was a dog! A big one, mind I add! And you expect me to take care of it?? What’s gotten into you!?”

 

Once again, the younger rolled his eyes hearing the response from the other. He the chain he was holding into Luhan’s hands and pushed the older inside the house. He closed the door behind him and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

 

“Look hyung. I thought we had an agreement?”

 

“But you didn’t say dog will be involved in it!”, Luhan scrambled into the wall beside him when the dog walked to him.

 

Sehun tapped his foot impatiently,

 

“If I did, you would decline the idea of taking care of Yifan for me,”

 

“That I would!” the older yelped involuntary when the huge dog was already right in front of him, sniffing his pants.

 

He tried to step away from the dog but only to have his foot kicked the dog’s chest accidentally. The dog huffed in surprise and the older male pushed himself farther into the wall, hoping the wall would swallow him. Fortunately, the object of his thoughts seemed to smell his fear as it stepped back a few feet in unsure. Just enough for Luhan to got away.

 

Its ears twitched when Sehun kneeled behind him and rubbed its back comfortingly.

 

“Hyung, don’t do that. You’re making him nervous,”

 

Luhan, who stood far from them behind his couch, found the younger’s statement was unacceptable.

 

I’m making it nervous?? Are you blind!? How the hell it can feel nervous anyway!?”

 

The dog growled softly at him when Luhan’s voice was ringing in its pointy ears. It calmed when its master his head in assurance.

 

“It’s alright Yifan. He’s just not used to hang around with you,”

 

Oh dear god. Luhan wished somebody would shoot him right on this instant.

 

“You’re supposed to comfort me!”

 

It fell deaf on his cousin’s ears whose hand was still the object of his fear.

 

“Sehun~!”

 

“Oh please hyung. Yifan was just trying to be nice with you but you just had to scare him away,”

 

Seriously, Luhan already didn’t like that thing. It stole Sehun’s affection away from him when he needed it most. He failed to notice Sehun was about to leave in any minute right now as the younger clutched his man purse and passport close to his chest. He did notice though, when Sehun stared at him almost in guilt.

 

Almost.

 

Maybe he enjoyed making Luhan suffered. What a masochist, the older snorted.

There was no way that skinny cousin of his would ever want to hurt that big fur-covered thing.

 

“You be a good boy okay, Yifan? I'll come back as soon as I can,”

 

Sehun laughed in adoration when his dog nudged its wet black nose on his. On the other hand, Luhan almost shivered when he imagined it was his nose instead of Sehun's. He walked slowly behind the dog, afraid it would noticed him and he had to scram back behind his lovely couch.

 

“You really are going to leave me with this......thing?”

 

Sehun stood on his full height as he glared at the older.

 

“It's not a thing, hyung. It's a dog and he has a name. And yes, I'm leaving you with him”

 

Luhan srunched his nose when the thing −Yifan, the dog, he minded himself− strained its neck to look at him. He swore he saw that thing −Yifan, again he reminded− grin devilishly at him. He shook his head to get rid of the image, maybe he was just hallucinating things. Yeah, maybe that was it.

 

“Are you not afraid he will end up on the street? Or maybe at the dog pound or-'

 

“No, hyung. As much as I know how afraid you are of dogs, you never had a heart to watch them being abandoned. Just take this as a therapy for you, who knows you'll overcome that fear”

 

“Who said I was afraid of dogs?”

 

“Your mom,”

 

“……”

 

“I have to leave now. I already sent an email about things you might need and what you may not do to Yifan incase you forgot-“

 

The older snorted, “What am I? His sitter?”

 

“Technically, you are starting today. Where was I, oh! I brought my diary about Yifan’s-“

 

“You even make a diary of him??”

 

“Yes, now will you please shut up and let me finish? I wrote Yifan's habits in here, but I suggest you know it on your own because Yifan appreciate hard work'

 

luhan almost scoffed in response. Was he taking care a dog or a child? He reluctantly grabbed the leather-covered book in his hand while trying his best to avoid any contact physics with the younger's dog. He almost jumped when the tail bumped his foot as it wagged slowly.

 

“Oh here, I already took care some of your problems. Make sure you use these and put the plushy beside him when he's sleeping,”

 

The older grunted when Sehun a back pack into his arms. It didn't weight too much, but something that was rather hard bumped into his chest.

 

“What's in this bag?”

 

Sehun took a hold of his luggage behind him as he sighed happily.

 

“Yifan's plushy, his bowl, dog foods and some chewing snacks. Also a brush,”

 

Luhan was now rummaging inside the bag and nodded when he found everything Sehun listed. He blinked confusedly when the younger mention a brush.

 

“A brush? What for?”

 

The younger rolled his eyes. Really, must he explain everything to the older? Oh wait, he'd better do that instead of make the older do stupid thing such as use Yifan's brush to do his own hair.

 

“Dogs with medium or long hair like Yifan needs to be brushed. They shed so you need to brush it”

 

Yifan growled gently when the word 'brush' was mention again. Sehun laughed softly and he patted his dog's head with affection.

 

“I know boy. You love being brushed don't you?”

 

He received a huffed from Yifan.

 

Again he laughed as he then kneeled in front of the four legged creature. He scratched Yifan behind his ears and neck which resulting the dog's head leaned to the side.

 

“But I'm not going to be the one who will do it to you. Luhan-hyung will,”

 

As if it understand, the dog whined softly and bumped its head into Sehun's lap and tapped its front paw on it. It seemed to have the same feeling with Luhan, unwilling to let Sehun go. Luhan would whine too, or even meowed if he was a dog, wait…dogs don’t meow. Stupid brain wouldn’t run properly in mornings. He felt like slapping his own forehead.

 

“I'm sorry yifan. I'll make it up you okay? I'll come back for you, I promise”

 

He wrapped his arms around the dog's neck and body as he hugged him. The dog nestled its head in its master's neck and whined softly.

 

On the other side, Luhan rolled his eyes as he witnessed those two basked in their moment. Really, the world was not crumbling down and they acted as if the end of the world was near.

 

Finally, Sehun let go of his arms around his dog and smiled at it before he pushed himself up.

 

“Take care of him hyung,”

 

The older nodded lazily as he saw his cousin opened the door to fetch his car.

 

“Bye, Yifan”

 

He wacthed the younger closed the door after Yifan barked in a loud voice in response. Its paws clicking on the floor as it stood on its full height. Luhan stared it in amazement. Indeed Yifan was a big dog. Its size was strikingly different from any house dogs he ever saw. Yifan's head reached average adult men's waist. Luhan could imagine how tall the dog was if it stood on its hind legs. Which he hoped it wouldn't jump on him in fear his guts would shrink right away.

 

He scanned the dog's appereance with his hazel eyes. Yifan had big pointy ears, long and define muzzle, sturdy jaw, long neck, firm shoulders and strong legs. He jumped when the dog suddenly snapped its head on him.

 

“W-what?”

 

It just stared at him with a blank expression before it finally huffed twice then shook its body. Luhan sighed in relief. He walked into his small dining room to put the bag on top of the dining table. One by one, he pulled everything out of the bag and sorted them on top of the table.

 

He grabbed a plastic filled with cute shaped snacks and gasped loudly in surprised when Yifan's head perked up on the other side of the table. Luhan clutched his shirt, right above where his heart located. He didn’t hear it walk right behind him.

 

“Don't ever do that! Damn that was creepy,”

 

But it felt even more creepier when Yifan only stare at him silently. The dark pattern on his face made him look scarier. Luhan felt as he was being watched by a wolf. Now that he thought of it, Yifan did look like a wolf. Especiallly with those wolf-like markings on his body and face.

 

And since when did he start calling it a ‘he’?  

 

Wait.. Yifan is a he.

 

Argh, whatever. He didn't give a care.

 

He stared back at the big creature. He shivered when his eyes met those sharp eyes. Only to realize that Yifan was eyeing the snack in his hand. Luhan stared at the snack and back to Yifan.

 

“You want this?”

 

The wolf-like dog only stared at him in response than back eyeing the snack. Luhan tested by shaking the plastic a bit and he saw Yifan's ears twitched forward and his body swayed a bit to the side. That got Luhan chuckled by the dog’s antic.

 

He guessed it wouldn’t hurt to give Yifan an early snack.

 

As he ripped open the edge of the plastic, his eyes caught something printed on it. Oh, so he could eat too. He once heard some of dog’s food can be eaten by human too, but he never really tried one because he just couldn’t stand the dark brown color and the texture of those snacks. Looks like poops to him.

 

But what Sehun got for Yifan was different. The colors were interesting; though Luhan was sure the wolf-like dog wouldn’t care; and the shapes were funny looking too. He grabbed half a handful and inspected them one by one.

 

Bone-shaped.

 

Fish-shaped and star-shaped.

 

And what was this− oh…it was a sea turtle-shaped. Why would they make it into a sea turtle-shaped anyway? Oh why would he care anyway? He popped one into his mouth −the fish-shaped one− and chewed on it.

 

Hmm…not bad.

 

He was about to pop another into his mouth until he heard Sehun’s dog barked twice at him. Fortunately, he didn’t drop the snack because of those loud barks.

 

“W-what!?”

 

And he got a huffed in response.

 

The strawberry-blonde haired man’s eyes looked to where the dog was ogling. Oh yeah, he was supposed to give them to him. But, did Sehun mention of how much he should give to the dog?

 

He shrugged and put half of the amount in his other hand back into the plastic. Around seven or nine were in his hand right now. He put the plastic on top of the table and about to walk to Yifan until he realized something.

 

The dog was already in front of him. He sat there nicely, almost sweetly for a dog. Yifan’s dark brown eyes watched him patiently as his tail twitched a couple of times. His paws clicking onto the floor to righted his footing. And he sat with his black nose almost touching Luhan’s possession below there.

 

“Oh for the love of Llama, will you stop giving me a heart attack!?”

 

He took a few steps back only to be followed by the wolf-dog.

 

“Wait, wait! Stop!” he put his hand in front of him to emphasize his word.

 

And Yifan did stop, just a few feet from where he stood.

 

Hm, I guess Sehun did train him well.

 

He threw one star-shaped snack at Yifan and it landed on the dog’s left side. He watched in amusement when the four-legged creature it off with his pink tongue and sniffed the floor to make sure there were none of the crumbs left. The huge dog stared at him again, waiting for the second snack to be given, only to catch the man was eating some of his snacks none too secretly.

 

Yifan whined and clicked his front paws to get Luhan’s attention who was still happily munching the snacks.

 

“Oh, right. Here, sorry I ate most of them” Luhan said without actually feel sorry.

 

He threw the rest of the snacks, which only left two, and waited Yifan to eat them.

 

Yifan did see where the snacks were thrown, but he didn’t make any move to eat it. He only stared at them and back to Luhan.

 

“What? I already gave them to you so eat them up,” the strawberry-blonde haired man said to the dog as he put his hands on top his hips.

 

The dark brown-eyed dog still wouldn’t budge. In fact Yifan stared at him almost like scolding him. Luhan frowned and was about to say a word or two at the huge dog, only to shrieked with such an unmanly voice when his hand was nipped gently by those canines. He quickly retracted his hand and ran into his room and slammed the door, not forgetting to lock it in hurry. He panted as he cradled his hand into his chest.

 

“Ohmygodohmygodohmygodhebitmehebitme. He bit me for the love of flying monkeys in and lipsticks! I’m infected by rabies!!”

 

Sadly, Luhan with his little knowledge on dogs made him look a bit more like a fool for thinking he infected by rabies only by a nip. As per to say, he forgot that Sehun took a really good care of Yifan’s health issues. Or maybe Luhan was just too stupid to assume it.

 

On the other side of the house, Yifan was staring at the stairs where Luhan’s figure disappeared into. The dog was left standing there in confusion by Luhan’s reaction. Usually his master would laugh it away and tapped his nose several times just to irritate him. But what was with that person just now? He ran while flapping his arms as if he wanted to fly.

 

Yifan huffed gently and walked to where his snacks lay forgotten on the floor. He it off and chewed on them while tapped his paw in annoyance.

 

Stupid human, he thought.

 

 


A/N : Oh Luhan, do you know how much a fool you are? How come you don't know anything about dogs? No wait, you're too busy admiring your beauty in front of mirror. LOL, no offense Luhan's fans out there. I like Luhan as well but I'm in the mood to tease cutie Luhan >:)

Forgive me for typos and grammatical error perhaps. So, penny for your thoughts, comments and subscriptions?

Wait, I meant pennies. Hold on, that sounds like LOOOL

Anyways, I hope you guys like the first chapter ;) I have a surprise for you all in the next few chapters! But I think you can guess it ==a, maybe, I don't know.

 

Oh incase if any of you wondering Yifan's appearance,

credit belongs to the right owner

 

 

Christian_Wu