11 Years Old

One Day, Ten Years

A year passed on really fast for Sehun. When he came back to Seoul he had some time to spend with his three best friends; Jongin, Taemin and Joonmyeon.

School started again in the autumn and for Sehun it meant the chance to meet the friends he hadn’t seen during the summer-break, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun for one example.

Sehun was being pretty busy with his own life; school, friends and soccer was taking up all of his time but he liked it a lot.

He didn’t spend so many minutes thinking of Luhan, he did think of Luhan but not as often as he wished he had.

For Luhan, on the other hand, the following year was slow. It mean many point-less phone-calls to China and being yelled on by Jonghyun for doing something to Chanyeol, which he most of the time was innocent for.

He didn’t make any new friends at school but he had started to take classes in Korean during the evenings. And it all was so he could speak fluently the next time he met Sehun.

During Christmas, Luhan went to visit his father in China. Luhan also met his best, and only, friend Yixing. Luhan was happily telling his father and Yixing about Sehun, the first friend who wasn’t being mean to him for not knowing Korean.

There wasn’t one night Luhan didn’t spend by sending Sehun one thought. Sehun made him feel so happy on the inside.

~*~*~

Summer came and Sehun and his family began to pack their stuff to travel back to the camping in Busan.

Sehun was happy, after one long year he would finally meet Luhan once again.

“Sehun, why are you so excited?” Hyerin asked when Sehun was running around in the apartment while packing some of his most precious toys.

“Because Luhan said he would come this year as well” Sehun closed the red bag and placed it next to his bed in his small room.

Hyerin laughed. “Don’t be disappointed if he doesn’t come”

“He will be there” Sehun shook his head. “He promised”

~*~*~

When the car turned into the camping, Luhan felt that he couldn’t sit still any longer. He opened the car-door and jumped out of the car almost before it had stopped.

“Hey!” Jonghyun yelled. “Come back here now and sit still until we have got out cottage. It’s because of you we’re here this year again, don’t forget that!”

But Luhan didn’t listen; he had just one thing on his mind at that moment:

He had to see Sehun.

~*~*~

Luhan was standing outside Sehun’s cottage for a while. He had seen Sehun’s stuff inside there but it seemed like his family was out and doing something else.

He let out a loud sigh at the same moment as Sehun’s car turned into the camping. Luhan’s face shone up and he hurried to the car.

Sehun opened the door and jumped out to Luhan. “Sorry, we were buying some food for tonight. We’re leaving tomorrow but we’re having a BBQ tonight. Does your family want to join?”

Luhan nodded and ran to his mother to tell them that they were invited to a BBQ.

“Mommy! Sehun said that we can come on their BBQ tonight, can we? Please say we can!” Luhan begged his mother, who only told him to lower his voice a bit.

“Jonghyun is having a headache; if he gets better we can come”

Luhan smiled and ran back to Sehun. He told Sehun what his mother had told him and Sehun nodded understanding.

“What do you want to do?” Sehun asked.

Luhan shrugged. “It doesn’t matter, I’m with you”

Sehun chuckled, he felt so warm on the inside when Luhan told him that. It may seem like Luhan was just another of Sehun’s camping-friends but it wasn’t like that. Sehun had really longed to meet Luhan, even if he didn’t think about Luhan that much.

“What have you done this year?” Luhan asked with a bright smile on his lips.

Sehun shrugged. “Not that much, I’ve been in school and I hung out with my friends”

Luhan pouted, it seemed like he had been busy while Luhan had been bored and wished that the year would pass on so he could meet Sehun again.

“I’ve missed you” Luhan smiled and ran over to the water.

Sehun ran after Luhan. “I’ve missed you too.”

The two boys walked along in the water, but only with water up to their ankles. The water was not cold but it was not hot either. Luhan ran out a little bit longer in the water and Sehun followed him. The water was now reaching their knees and Luhan’s shorts were getting wet on the edges.

“What have you done?” Sehun threw some water at Luhan.

Luhan laughed a little bit and threw some water back at Sehun. “Nothing, I’m taking Korean-classes but it’s hard. I visited my father and friend Yixing over the Christmas but nothing else.”

Sehun nodded, he had noticed an improvement in Luhan’s Korean but it wasn’t that much. But Sehun could still notice that Luhan had practiced Korean a lot during the year.

“Are you going back tomorrow?” Luhan pouted. He wished that he could spend some more time with Sehun, not only one evening.

Sehun nodded. “Yes, my sister’s boyfriend is going to live with us for a week or two. I don’t remember”

“Cool” Luhan smiled.

“Yes” Sehun exclaimed. “His name is Jinki and he is really cool. No, he’s awesome. He likes to play with me as well, but Hyerin can get mad that he plays so much with me and not with her”

Luhan laughed, Sehun had a great life. His mother and sister loved him a lot, he had good friends and he seemed to be popular in school. Sehun was everything Luhan wished to be.

~*~*~

The evening came and the two families were collected around two tables for a BBQ-party. Luhan’s mother were softly speaking to Sehun’s mother, as a try to get to know each other and possibly understand why Luhan and Sehun had become so close friends over just one day.

When the two families began to eat the meat and potatoes, which had been made by Jonghyun, Luhan softly coughed a little bit. But, when he began to cough it didn’t seem to stop.

“Luhan… are you okay?” Hyerin handed Luhan a glass of coke.

Luhan nodded and drank soda. “Yes, thanks”

“Luhan has asthma. The dry air doesn’t help his lungs at all, it’s actually the opposite” Chun explained to Sehun’s mother.

Sehun looked at Luhan with eyes as big as teaspoons. He felt bad that he had made Luhan run that much and expose himself to run that much.

“I’m so sorry” Sehun whispered to Luhan. “I didn’t know about it. We shouldn’t have been running that much.”

But Luhan only shook Sehun’s apology away. “I didn’t want you do know; everyone gets scared to play with me when I tell them that I have asthma. I can run around a lot as long as I take my medicine in the mornings and evenings.”

Sehun smiled, he knew that Luhan was being honest with him. Luhan had such a sweet heart.

~*~*~

Sehun left the camping early the same morning. Luhan wasn’t awake yet.

His heart felt heavy since he couldn’t see Luhan once more for the whole year. But he was still happy, the previous night had their parents decided to go to this camping together the following year.

“Sehun” Sehun’s mother said, looking at the backseat were Sehun was sitting.

“Yeah” Sehun looked at his mother. “I will miss him a lot”

~*~*~

Sehun’s car wasn’t standing outside the cottage when Luhan woke up. He felt empty, Sehun was already gone and they hadn’t said good-bye.

Luhan stepped out on the stairs to the cottage in nothing but his pajamas.

A note was lying on the stair and Luhan picked it up.

‘I’ll see you next year

-Sehun’