The Hardest Part of Filming A Series

hey_bb

It had been a full three months since the beginning of Hello Baby. Honestly it had felt like a year but the group had really only spent the winter together. It was their last day together and Onew was away filming his musical. The remaining cast members were designing t-shirts for Yoogeun and of course Key’s was his favourite (was that anything new?).

“Oh there’s someone at the door” A crew member called out and sure enough a delivery man stood in the doorway with his head bowed.

Oh! That’s for me!” Jonghyun hopped up from the floor and retrieved the package from the man.

What is it hyung?” Minho asked curiously.

Jonghyun trots over happily to the group and opens the box handing them each a photobook. “I had these photobooks made of our time with Yoogeunnie~ I thought we could all have a precious memory with him.

Everyone was very touched as they received their book and immediately opened the pages to see what was inside. Minho was overly unsatisfied.

Why do I have that face?! Why this face?!?!!?

They laughed at his outburst. Megan turned the page to see her spread. The pictures were in age order which she thought was very thoughtful seeing as they could have easily put her last but instead chose to have her right after Jonghyun, who didn’t mind pointing it out.

You look very pretty in this one” he said pointing to a photo where she looked to be in mid-laugh at something funny. “Thank you” she blushed hurriedly turning the page to see the group photos of them all together.

Why don’t we make a time capsule for Yoogeun?” Minho suggested once he’d calmed down.

That sounds like a great idea hyung!
That does sound like a great plan.
How do we get started??

Well first,” Minho thought out loud, “We’ll obviously need something to put all the memories into.
Like a chest or something?
Exactly!
Hyung, that’s a great idea. Why don’t you go and get it?

Jonghyun looked in disbelief at Minho’s suggestion.
Why do I have to-?!

No arguments Jonghyung you go get the capsule!

Wha- But- You- I get to take Megan with me then!

He pointed at the innocent girl on the ground that had been flipping through the book with Yoogeun. “Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttt….” She looked at him with left in a state of unamused questioning.

Sure. That’d be probably best. At least that way one of you might actually go and complete the mission.

Megan rolled her eyes at the boys. “It was one time I forgot ONE thing.

More like every time and you tend to forget almost everything.”
Whhaaaaaaa
They’ve got points Megan.
Whhhaaaaaa
Let’s get going girl.” Jonghyun grabbed her wrist lightly as he pulled her away.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt

 

Mmmm that’s delicious!
Have you had this before??” Jonghyun asked as he ordered several more orders of the street vendor’s food for the staff and themselves.
Megan chewed her food before speaking, “I had ddukbokki once but never any of this other stuff” she surveyed the other assorted foods around her.

Oh my gosh they are absolutely DELICIOUS. Here try this then”. Jonghyun fed her some squid on a stick. She took it cautiously in making sure to blow on it first to cool it down. He looked at her in anticipation as she munched on the food.

Hmmm... not too bad!
Jong’s face lit up a bit. “See?! There are so many things for you to try! Let’s go check out some other places!

After being recognized by a few fans, Jonghyun led them all to a stationary store. Megan absolutely loved buying school supplies when she was a kid and the thrill of it all immediately came rushing back to her as Jong gathered supplies for Yoogeun’s capsul.

Do you think he’ll need a notebook?” He asked her from the back wall of the crammed store.
Of course he’ll need a notebook. He’ll be in Junior High or High School in 10 years right?
Ahhhh of course, he’ll need to study.

He drifted over now to the candy selection oooing and ahhing over the various small packaged goods.

I used to have this when I was a kid! I loved to get one of these with my allowance money.” He selected a few of the childhood sweets and added it to their pile.
That poor shop owner.


 

When they arrived back at the house Jong was surprised with a birthday party (which Megan had known about the entire time. In fact, she had even helped stall Jonghyun on his journey (to the point where they both had forgotten the time capsule for that matter) so the boys had more time to prepare.

The party was a massive hit and even Onew surprised everyone by coming back early from his musical rehearsal. It was a lot of fun and a great way to end an otherwise perfect day.

But the filming wasn’t over. Not just yet.


 

That night the cast and crew had their last night with Yoogeun. They went to a park that was well deserted by this time. The omma and group of appa’s ran around with Yoogeun and played around the different areas of the park. It was a bit chilly out but no one was all that concerned with the weather, their focus was on the toddler they would soon have to say good-bye to.

Shall we fill our time capsule Yoogunnes?” Taemin asked the little boy that was being led over to a blanket and a chest (the staff purchased once after Jonghyun and Megan clearly failed).

The little boy jumped up and down as Minho tried to settle him down. They revealed the items one by one, Key’s t-shirt he had just made earlier that morning, the cow doll Yooguen was obsessed with, the bubble gun Taemin tried to get his haircut with. They also added the broken wand from the pension, Shinee’s Ring Ding Dong Album, the group photo Jonghyun printed off, apple and banana flash cards, their brain maps, story books and diaries, and last but not least a moose stuffed animal  that Megan gave him on their Canadian episode together.

Let’s now put Yoogeun in the box!” Jonghyun grabbed for the small boy as he ran away screaming in delight.

“While Jonghyun keep’s Yoogeun busy I’d like for each of you to give a video message for when he grows up.” The PD instructed the other idle members.

When it came to Megan’s turn Jonghyun joined her in the shot.

Hello Yoogeunnie~!” He waved at the camera with a startled Megan at his side. She hadn’t expected him to bust in on her session but she got over the initial surprise and joined in.

Hi Yoogunes~
This is your appa and omma~ We wanted to let you know that we love you very, very much.
And we won’t ever forget you and we hope you won’t forget us!
Stay out of trouble!!
Don’t give up on your dreams!
We love you Yoogeun!!!!

They ended the video message and looked at each other. Megan had tears in her eyes and laughed as Jonghyun moved them away. The two had grown very close from their initial stand-offish behaviour. It felt weird to say good-bye now. They still had so much to share with each other and learn.

But there wasn’t any more time for that now.


 

As Yoogeun was taken away by his mother and father the crew couldn’t take it much more themselves and as the cameras continued to roll it was now time for Shinee to say good-bye to their Canadian counterpart.

It happened in such a blur to Megan she could barely remember hugging each one in turn, shaking the PD’s hand, the crew handing her a card and little basket of goodies.

This couldn’t be it though, could it? I mean they were all friends, right? She had hung out with Shinee for three months… it wasn’t over. It couldn’t be over.

But as the crew packed their bags and the boys headed off with Manager-nim she knew it was done.

 

And she couldn’t even remember their good-bye’s.