What is your name?

Love at first hear

And so I did. I kept coming back to the cafe, not just by instincts anymore, but by will. I try to swing by even after school just to get to them sing or more particulary, his voice. There's just something about how the way words flow out his mouth like syrup. His voice is deep yet sweet, breathtaking and at the same time soothing. For us blind people, we don't look at the appearance to feel attracted to a person, but we decide by the sound of their voice. 

I walked over to the counter where Mr. Shin is probably drying off cups by the sound of it. I smiled and procceded over to my intentions. It's just that with the new band, there are three guys who sings, and one of them is the one i particularly like. I just wanted to ask Mr. Shin what is his role in the band.

"Um.. Mr. Shin, I have a question.." I started while I started to slightly fidget on my place.

"What is it?" Mr. Shin asked, and I took a sharp breath in. I just knew he'll realize that I'm fond of one of the guy in the new band which is making me kind of embarass to ask, but I'll do it anyway since I won't lose anything right?

"uh.. I'm just curious... What is the role of the guy who is singing the whole song "I'm yours" awhile ago?"

"Oh! Yun?" So Yun is what they call him, I mentally note to myself. "He is the guitarist of the group and the sub vocal. He is a very talented young lad isn't he?" I felt a bright smile crept on Mr. Shin's face, and I can't help but feel a bit flushed over the fact that he plays the guitar. There's just something about guys who plays the guitar.

"So, do you like him?" Mr. Shin asked, and I gave a small nod.

"I really like his voice... Lately I've been going here more frequent to hear them sing." I smiled, and Mr. Shin gave me a pat on my head. Mr. Shin's hand is similar to my dad, and I think it's really comforting.

"Well I know what's that called.. It's admiration." Mr. Shin let out a hearty chuckle, and I just replied with a flushed smile on my face, and went back to my seat after he handed me my usual order. Caramel macchiato with lots of syrup... Just like Yun's voice. They started to sing a new song, and I find it really upbeat and catchy.

 

Tonight I think I’m gonna lose my mind
I see your face again and I want to know you
I turn around and girl you’re there again
Is this a dream or is it deja vu
 
Somehow I just can't help but blush a bit more with the song lyrics, for some delusional reason I think that the song is for me, even if it's probably not. I don't even have any idea if he bothers to glance at me or if he actually remembers my face. It would be really nice if he does knowing all the efforts for always coming here in the cafe. Well it's not like I'm practically wishing him to know me or such, I wouldn't dream of such a thing when I'm close to zero for being interesting. I guess if we were to have a conversation, I'll just end up boring him while I talk about things that he probably finds uninteresting.
 
I sighed to myself, and decided to leave the cafe, when the sound of the guitar suddenly halts and I felt someone grab me from the arm when I was about to exit the cafe. I felt breath stop for a second. "W-why are you leaving?" It's him.... I know by the sound of his voice. I felt my lips dry, and I couldn't answer. I heard the other guy  who is probably the main vocal, since he has lots of parts during the songs they play, resume the performance even without the guitar accompanying him. 
 
I finally found my voice, as I said "I don't know." meekly to him. To Yun.
 
"It's just that you usually leave more late when it's Saturday, and listen to us sing a bit more longer.." He uttered, and I can't help but feel butterflies. He notices me, I thought. "I'm afraid that you don't like our performance today.." He mumbled quite silently, but I still heard it. 
 
"A-ah not at all!" I waved my both my hands in denial. "You guys are awesome as always!" You are awesome as always...
"I just remembered that I had something to do, so I decided to leave a little bit early than plan, and...and I love hearing you guys sing." I lowered my head, to mask the blood rushing on my cheeks, and I heard him chuckle, a part of my fainted in the sound of his chuckle.
 
"I'm sorry for suddenly grabbing your arm.." I can imagine his scratching the back of his neck. "I got too worried since you are the one who seems to enjoy hearing us the most, and it's... Heartwarming." I bit my lower lip, and flashed him a bashful smile, as I thanked him. 
 
"Um I have to go.." I told him, but to be honest I don't want to leave. I want to ask him questions and know more about him. 
 
"Oh..okay.." I could hear a tinge of slight disappointment in his tone, I just ignored it because maybe I was just being to delusional to think he is actually disappointed about me leaving, so I decided to go on my way.
After a few steps, he suddenly called out to me, "Hey! What is your name?"
 
"HaRin.. Lee HaRin!" I told him.