Call my name

Love at first hear

It's been months but he never came, everytime I step on the cafe everything feels so similar but I could never brush off the feeling that something's missing. Each day the memory of his voice is starting to blur little by little, and I was scared. I was scared that no matter how much I try, he would just be a phase in my life that slipped pass my fingers like sand. I told myself that I could wait for him, but what am I really waiting for?

There is nothing between us. We had just had one moment of interaction, and then he was gone like smoke, as if he was just a fleeting dream.

"What are you thinking about right now?" A voice asked me. I was taken aback, and thoughts of Yun completely vanished. I know this voice, it's the voice of the new vocalist of the band that replaced Yun's. 

"Um... Nothing much." I smiled a little. I don't really know why this person is suddenly talking to me.

"You always come here.. As if you are waiting for someone." He was waiting for my response, but I didn't really know what to say to him. "Oh by the way I'm Hanbyul. It was rude for me not to introduce myself first."

I gave a little nod, and thought his name sounds rather girly. "I'm Lee Harin."

A minute of awkward silence passed, and Hanbyul started speaking again, "I'm the vocalist of the band here, Led apple. Do you have any song request?" 

"Anything is fine really. You have a very good voice, so just hearing you sing is nice." I said thoughtfully. Hanbyul has a really powerful voice, a voice that can stop you from thinking about anything else once he sings, especially when he sings such high notes. You can feel the confidence in his voice when he sings, as if he is willing to voice out every emotion from the depths of him. 

"Are you sure you're not just trrying to flatter me?" He chuckled, and I blushed a little. He stood up from his seat, and gave me a little pat on the head. I flinched a little, and he chuckled some more. Hanbyul is a lot like his voice. "Okay, I'll sing you a song." 

He went on stage, and started testing the microphone. "This is a song called Call my name, and it's for that lady sitting over there." People in the cafe started cheering and whistling, and I just bit my lower lip because of embarrassment.

 

Your voice lingers in my ear
I can’t forget you
But you’re fading away
Call my name so I can find you again, call my name
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh call my name
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh
If you’re listening, call my name so I can remember you again, call my name

A meaningless day passes by again
When tomorrow comes, will you come back and hold me? (oh will you come?)
I’m waiting

 

It's as if his lyrics speaks to me. I realize that I want Yun to call my name, I don't need anything else from him. I just want him to come back. I want to hear his voice again, his honey voice to flow in my ears again, and summon again all spectrum of emotion. 

I waited the whole day, and he still didn't come back. I stood up from my seat ready to go out and go home, since the cafe is ready to close, and when I'm nearing the door I felt someone tap my shoulder. "He didn't come again today huh?"

I just faked a smile, and continued to walk towards the door, but he then grabbed my arm which made me halt from my steps. "Next time come again for us... For me." 

"I don't come here to wait for someone. I come here because it's part of my routine. It's part of the repetitive daily routine for a disabled person like me." What I said was half true, because I'm tired of him rubbing it into me about how I wait for nothing, when we just met, when he knows nothing about me but my name. His grip loosened, and he ruffled my hair. 

"Don't say that." I could hear the faint sadness in his voice that he is trying to conceal with a cheery tone, and I felt kind of bad, after realizing that he has no bad intentions, maybe he just tried to approach me, because I seem...lonely.

"I'll come again tomorrow. You better prepared new songs for me." I said, and left.