Day by day

Love at first hear

After the small exchange of words I had with Yun last week, I wasn't able to go back again to the cafe because of the dreadful exam week. I begged to be brought to the cafe after school just so I could buy my favorite caramel macchiato, and just a small glimpse of his voice in my ear, but the driver would just act like he doesn't hear me and bring me straight home. 

"It's your mother's orders." He would say, and I would just grumble at the backseat.

The exam week is finally over, and I'm just completely overjoyed about the fact that I would be able to go the cafe once again. I guess this time I would be able to ask Yun things about himself, and maybe also ask him what his real name is. I'm just too excited that I could do some awkward happy dance in the backseat of the car, and the driver would probably look at me weirdly, it's not like I care if he does since I won't be able to see him anyway. But before I could so my happy dance the car stopped.

"We're here miss." Mr. Cho said, our driver, and I my smile grew bigger as I got off the car. 

I entered the cafe, and let the same scent of coffee enter my nostril, the familiar smell intoxicating me. It's just that lately for me, the smell of romance is this familiar fragrance filling up my senses, making me feel that I'm at the right place to be. I walked towards the counter, and I felt the same warm hands petting my head.

"it's been awhile." Mr. Shin said, and I gave him a nod of agreement. "The usual eh?" I heard him say, and went on to prepare my most favored drink. As I wait I for my drink I decided to listen to the band I kept coming back to, and I frowned. They're not the band performing. I may be blind, but it doesn't take a person with sight to know that it's not them, not the same voices and melody I got addicted to. 

Mr. Shin came back with a drink, and he gave it to me as I handed him my payment. "W-where are they?" I asked, and Mr. Shin already knew who I was pertaining to.

"They resigned. I didn't really told me the reason why, I mean if it's for the salary then maybe if they asked, I would have raised it, but they never really told me. They're a really talented young lads for me to let them go, even the customers really like them.." Mr. Shin sighed, and I kind of felt bad asking him. It must be sad to just resign and not tell him the reason why.

"it's okay, the new band is really nice to listen too." I told him, and I was partly sincere with what I said. They're good too, but somehow it's just not the same without Yun's voice in my ears.

"Yeah. These guys are called Ledapple, and I think they're quite lively. The customers seems to like them too." Mr. Shin brimmed, and  I gave him a small smile.

"um.. I guess I'll get going now." I told Mr. Shin and bowed politely. Mr. Shin gave me one last pat on the head. "You should still visit, who knows Yun might decided to swing by to see you right?" Mr. Shin chuckled, and I blushed at the fact that Mr. Shin knows I'm thinking about Yun. 

I decided to say for a couple of hours, but he never came, because if he did I would have heard Mr. Shin calling out to him, and maybe.. Just maybe he would have tapped me on the shoulder and greeted me with a simple hello. It would have been nice to even just hear a simple hello from him after a week of the mindwrecking exams. I guess I got too lucky when he grabbed my hand and asked for my name, that all the remaining luck just vanished in a poof.

I walked out of the cafe with a sigh and pure disappointment, but I know deep inside I was still hoping. I'm hoping that he would appear the last minute and utter my name out of nowhere to get my attention, so I waited a few moments before I enter the car, but that never came too.

"Did you get to see who you are waiting for miss?" Mr. Cho asked, as he started the engine, and I just simply sighed.

As if knowing the answer, he continued. "We can just go back tomorrow right? And then the next day and then the next day." Mr. Cho suggested and I smiled. Mr. Cho can be really sweet, although I kind of hated him during the exam week after he won't let me go to the cafe. He just simply cares for my well being I guess.

"Day by day huh?" I thought to myself, and sighed. Jason Mraz's "I'm yours" started playing on the radio, and I remembered how Yun's deep singing voice felt on my eardrums, the smooth vibrations filling me up accompanied with the sound of his guitar. The way he hums to the melody making me slightly flushed. I'm in love with his voice, and maybe with him too. I do not know for sure, but all I know I wouldn't mind if I had to wait in other to hear him again, as cheesy as it seems. I can wait day by day I guess.

"Please drop me by the cafe again tomorrow Mr. Cho." I said and, Mr. Cho hummed in agreement.