New band, new emotions

Love at first hear

I walked straight at the counter upon entering the cafe. I had no need to cane my way, since I already know this place to well. Who wouldn't?, when you go to a place as a weekly routine. I greeted the Mr. Shin, the owner of this small, but lovely cafe. I told him my order, despite the fact that I don't really need to anymore since what I've been ordering every time I go here has been the same, caramel macchiato with lots of syrup. I've been a regular customer of this place for a year now, but somehow I have no idea why I kept coming back, its just that, every Saturday I unconciously come here by instincts, as if a red string of fate is slowly tugging me to the cafe.

This place has never changed since the first time I came here a year ago. The faint scent of coffee lingering is still the same up to the chattering of people minding their own business accompanied by the soft background music played by a live band. I don't know about the appearcance of the cafe though, but as far as I know, the arrangement of furniture is still the same. As long as I don't trip into something without caning my way, I believe that there isn't changes in terms of appearance, but how the hell would I know since I don't know how it looks like from the start. I'm blind afterall. duh.

I sat on my special seat, waiting for my order to be served. Yes I have a special reserved seat just for me, maybe because the owner wouldn't want me to unintentionally sit on random customers laps, I don't really know if it's me he actually cares about or the customers, but it doesn't really matter right? as long I have my special seat, which means I'm a special customer, and I still think Mr. Shin is pretty nice.

"HaRin-ssi. Caramel macchiato with lots of syrup!" The owner called, so I stood up and made my way to get my drink. I stopped for a moment, since I've been bugged by the feeling that something feels different, but I don't seem to figure out what it is. "HaRin-ssi... what is it?" Mr. Shin asked, with worry obvious in his voice.

"Its just... something feels different, but I don't know what it is." 

Mr. Shin let out a hearty laugh, leaving me with a confusing smile on my face. "Maybe because I hired a new band." I gave a small nod, and gave a moment to listen to the "new" band. I'm not being too biased, but I actually like the old band since they were the ones, I've been listening to every Saturday for a year now, so it makes me a little sad that its not them anymore. But I would give this new band a chance, since I haven't really properly listened to them yet. Who knows, maybe I'll come to like them better than the old one, since the old band is not that awesome. Their music is pretty nice, but there's no wow factor to their performance.

I closed off all my senses, except my sense of hearing. Soft melody lightly tapped my eardrums, making me deaf from other sounds except the melody. The strumming sound of the guitar continued to play, and then a voice started to sing. The voice was deep, full and beautiful, as if each word flows out of his mouth flawlessly like honey.

I know it may be late now
And I know that I‘ve taken a vow
But I‘m here I‘m a superhero
And I can save you
Baby I know you can forget the things I’ve done
I know I’ve been away
But I can save you now
Woah
But I can save you now
Woah

It felt like there was nothing left for me but the sound of the voice along with the fast beating in my chest. Time felt slower, and I felt so light that I thought gravity is playing a game with me. I suddenly felt a flimsy feeling inside my stomach, and I slowly realized after the song, that I was holding my breath the entire time. 

"Uh. What's the name of the new band?" I inhaled, trying to make my lost senses come back to me.

"Lunafly." Mr. Shin said.

"..Lunafly" I echoed, tasting every syllable of the word.

"Why? do you like them?" Mr. Shin asked, a smile forming on his lips, maybe because of my flustered state right now.

"Yes I.... I like them." I muttered, grabbing my caramel macchiato from Mr. Shin's hand, and I dahsed over to my seat. And the another song came up, pulling me all over again to a world I haven't entered before just until now, a world of trance and awe for the hypnotizing voice. I felt like a big bang exploded inside me, and mixed emotions splattered from every parts of my body, and the boom....

 

....I'm in love. I finally found my reason to keep coming back to this place. To hear his voice.