Final

Loving You

She ran and ran and ran. As fast as her feet could go. The rain was pouring hard, causing the road to be wet and slippery, so naturally, she tripped. She sobbed hard, a stinging pain on her ankle.

“Little girl, are you okay?” A woman held an umbrella over her. She looked up at the woman, still sobbing lightly. The woman gave her a kind smile, “Where are your parents? Why are you alone, in the rain, nonetheless?” The woman gave her a worried look.

The little girl then muttered, “My umma and appa are gone...” She then sobbed more, causing the woman to hug her, despite the girl being wet and assured her. “Shh.. I’m sorry to hear that, you’ll be fine, I’m sure of it..” The little girl looked up again and nodded hesitantly.

“So, what’s your name, little one?” The woman asked, smiling nicely at her. The little girl hesitated, yet, the woman did comfort her earlier, besides, she looks like a nice person. “I’m _____-ah..” She whispered, audible enough for the woman to hear. The woman smiled. “Then, _____-ah, would you like to live with us?” She asked kindly taking the little girl’s hand, heading to a nearby vehicle.

“Honey! Where have you been? I was getting worried, I called you on your phone, but you didn’t return any of my ca- Oh my, who’s she? She looks like she’s freezing!” A man exclaimed, walking over to the two. The woman smiled worriedly, “I know, I’ll explain everything, just please let me take her with us..” The man just nodded and let the two go in the car and asked the driver to drive home.


“Sir, Madam, we are here.” Said the driver as he walked out of the car and opened the door for them and bowed.

“Thank you for your services, Jinsuk.” Jinsuk, the driver, bowed politely at them and went in the car to park it.

“Let us go, honey..” The man took hold of the hand of the woman as the woman held the hand of the little girl’s tightly.

“Welcome home, Sir, Madam!” The door opened and the maids and butlers bowed in respect. The woman smiled kindly. “Songhye-ah?” The so-called woman stepped up, “Nae, Madam?” The woman smiled. “Could you please clean her up and dress her wound nicely. Also, give her the prettiest clothes we’ve got.” The woman said, smiling nicely at the little girl before giving her hand to Songhye.

“Yes, Madam.” Songhye then bowed and led the little girl to a room upstairs, cleaned her up and dressed her wound. “Little Miss, may I know your name?” The young girl looked up at Songhye’s smiling face and just nodded. “_____-ah.. My name is _____-ah..” Songhye nodded and smiled, getting up. “I will let you pick a proper dress for yourself then, Miss _____-ah.” _____-ah just shook her head and muttered, “You can pick any dress, I don’t mind, Songhye-ssi..” Songhye giggled.

“Ah, you’re so cute! Just call me Songhye-unnie, nae? No need to be too polite, Miss _____-ah!” Songhye giggled, picking out a baby blue dress. ____-ah just nodded and let out a small giggle. Songhye smiled widely, “Oh yes, how old are you, Miss _____-ah?”

“I’m 8 years old, Songhye-unnie..”  ____-ah muttered. “Ah, same age with the young master.” Songhye muttered as she put the dress on ____-ah. “Young.. master?” _____-ah said, wondering who that person is. “Oh, the young master is the son of Madam and Sir, the ones who took you here.” Songhye explained, smiling softly at ____-ah and getting up.

“Maybe you can be great friends with him~!” Songhye smiled, giggling softly. ____-ah smiled and nodded lightly, thinking nothing of what she said. Songhye then led her down to the woman and man earlier.

“Ah, _____-ah! You’re so pretty~!” The woman cooed, walking over to the young girl and hugging her. ____-ah stiffened a little with the hug, but relaxed into it soon after. “Ah, honey! She looks pretty, right?” The woman asked the man with sparkles in her  eyes, the man couldn’t help but chuckle at his adorable wife. “Yes, she does.” The man smiled at her.

“Oh yes, I forgot! Hello there, I’m Mrs. Choi. This is my husband, Mr. Choi. Honey, she’s _____-ah. I saw her running in the rain, alone. “ Mr. Choi gave her a confused look, “What about her parents, honey?” Mrs. Choi just shook her head sadly, “According to ____-ah, they’re nowhere to be found..” Mr. Choi’s eyes widened, as ____-ah’s eyes teared up.

“How can such a young girl bare all this pain?” Mrs. Choi said as she hugged her again tightly as ____-ah sobbed on her. Mr. Choi just looked sadly, not knowing what to do, but then thought of an idea.. “Honey.” Mrs. Choi looked up at him, tearing slightly. Mr. Choi smiled sadly, “What if we take her in? Then, we’ll look for her parents.”

Mrs. Choi looked up happily, “Really, Honey? You’ll do that?” Mr. Choi chuckled, amazing how his wife could change moods in a minute. “Yes, of course, anything that would make you happy..” Mrs. Choi then looked at _____-ah happily. “Hear that, ___-ah?! Your new father said he’ll look for your parents!” ____-ah looked up in surprise. “R-Really? You will?” Mr. Choi nodded a smile on his face.

“Gomawo..” ___-ah said, hugging Mr. Choi. Mr. Choi just chuckled and gave her a pat on the back. “Oh yeah, it’s about time you meet your brother..” Mrs. Choi brightened up. “Oh yes, yes! Songhye! Call Junhong-ah down please!” Songhye bowed and complied immediately.

“Who’s Junhong-ah?” ____-ah asked, tilting her head in confusion. “He’s your brother now, ____-ah.” Mrs. Choi smiled at her as the door opened and a boy the same age as ____-ah walked in, “Umma, Appa, what is wrong? Who is that?” He pointed to ____-ah in confusion. Mrs. Choi smiled and walked to him, crouching to be at his eye-level. “Sweetie, this is ____-ah, she’ll be your sister..” He furrowed his eyebrows. “____-ah, this is Junhong-ah, he’s gonna be your brother..” You just stared at him.

“But I don’t want a sister!” Junhong said, pouting. “Junhong-ah! That’s not a nice thing to say in front of your new sister! Now welcome her!” Mr. Choi said sternly. Junhong bowed stiffly. “Choi Junhong.”

“So, everyone!” The maids, butlers and drivers, everyone in the room immediately paid attention to them. “Starting now, ____-ah will be part of the Choi family! She will be the new princess of this house. Please treat her as such.” ____-ah looked up in surprise at what Mrs. Choi said.

“Would you like to say anything, sweetie?” Mr. Choi asked ____-ah nicely. ‘Geez, how come she’s getting all of Umma and Appa’s attention?! I’m here too..’ Junhong thought as he looked at ____-ah bitterly.

“Umm.. I think that there’s no need to call me a princess..” Mrs. Choi looked at her in confusion, “Eh? But we insist! You’re the new addition to our family!” ____-ah just looked down and nodded.


“Yah.” She looked up.

“Junhong-ah..” He scowled. “How come you’re getting all of my parent’s attention?!” She looked at him in surprise and confusion. “I..I don’t-“

“Sweetie!” Mr. and Mrs. Choi came in the room and looked at the two of you. “Junhong-ah, are you treating your sister well?” Junhong smiled at his mother cutely. “Yup!” ____-ah just smiled and nodded, “He is treating me nicely.. umma.” Mrs. Choi beamed. “That’s good~!”

Years went by like that, pretending to get along with Junhong, until she found out..

____-ah loves him, not as a sister, but as a woman. She never knew why Junhong hated her in the first place. Whenever she would ask why, he would ignore her.


Your P.O.V.

Ring.. Ring.. Ring.. Ring..

You groaned. “Ugh..” The door opened. “Miss ____-ah! Please wake up now!” You groaned. “Nooo~” Songhye shook her head. “You only have an hour to get prepared, Miss ____-ah! Young master already has gone off to school early.” You then sat up, rubbing your eyes and sigh. As usual, he goes off to school early to avoid you.

“Miss ____-ah, please do get dressed and go down, breakfast is ready.” Songhye said, bowing. You smiled, “Okay, Songhye-unnie..” You got up to do your daily routine.

“Good morning!” You smiled and greeted everyone you passed by. They greeted and smiled back. “Where is umma and appa?” Songhye looked at you apologetically, “____-ah, they couldn’t be here because they had a very important meeting to attend to, so..” You just smiled and waved it off. “Oh, then it’s fine!” You then ate and took a car to school, since your parents didn’t want you going to school and back home alone.

“Thank you for driving me again, ahjussi~” He smiled. “No worries, princess.” He opened the door for you as you went out. You then waved as he drove off. He was a really nice man.

Walking in the school, you heard screams. “Wahh~ Junhong-oppa!” You rolled your eyes at the sight, him being surrounded by hordes of girls, he then caught your eye, then he looked away again. You sighed, he was always like that. Ignoring you, he doesn’t even know how that affects you. It hurts you. You then just shook off the thoughts and walked off to class.

End of Your P.O.V.


Junhong’s P.O.V.

Ugh. These people are seriously crazy. Ah, she’s here. I looked at her as she rolled her eyes, then we stared into each other’s eyes and looked away. Ah, there she goes, off to class. I sigh. Why can’t I just admit that I like her? ‘Yah! Choi Junhong! She’s your sister!’ But, she’s only my step-sister! ‘That still doesn’t change the fact that she’s your sister! I shook off my thoughts and walk off, leaving those people.

“Wahh~ Where are you going, Oppa?!” I turned back, “Stop following me around, and stop calling me ‘Oppa!’” I glared at them and walked off. Being the Ice Kingka of the school certainly doesn’t stop these girls from following me around.


“Finally, school’s finished..” I mumbled. I grabbed my bag and head out to see ____-ah standing under a tree. I gaped, she looked so beautiful. I smiled unknowingly as she started humming to herself.

My phone rang, it’s appa. I looked at it in confusion. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hello? Junhong-ah?”

“Nae, appa?

“Could you go home, like now? Bring your sister home with you as well..” I raised my brow in confusion. “Why, what’s up?”

“We have something to tell you two, that’s all. Now, go home.” With that, the call ended.

I sighed and weaved my fingers through my hair, then I got up and headed to ____-ah, who was silently reading a book under the tree. “____-ah.” She looked up, surprised. “Oh, Junhong-ah, what’s up?”

“We need to go home now, appa and umma has something to tell us..” I explained, she just nodded. Her wavy black hair falling down her shoulders. I then led the way to the school gate and saw the car, we got in and went on our way home.

End of Junhong’s P.O.V


Author’s P.O.V.

When they got home, they were immediately greeted by the maids and butlers. You two walked to the living room. “Umma, Appa, what’s wrong?” You asked worriedly. “Sweetie, please sit down first.”

You two sat as you were told.  “Honey.” Mr. Choi coughed, “Uh, sweetie, you know appa loves you, right?” You nodded, not sure where this was going. Mrs. Choi sighed. “Sweetie, appa couldn’t find your real parents.” Your eyes widened and you looked down sadly.

“Sweetie, I tried, really.. But I couldn’t find them anywhere.. I’m sorry, sweetie.” Mr. Choi said sadly. Junhong looked at you worriedly as you processed everything. You then looked up and smiled sadly and stood up to hug him. “Appa, it’s fine. I know you tried, really, really, really tried! I appreciate that, I’m happy. Besides, I’m thankful enough that  you and umma took me in.” You smiled gratefully at him.

He sighed and hugged you, chuckling. “Aish, I’m so happy to have a very understanding daughter..” You giggled and hugged him back. Mrs. Choi and Junhong watched you two, Mrs. Choi was smiling happily as Junhong gave a slight smile.

End of Author’s P.O.V.


Your P.O.V.

I feel happy, but at the same time disappointed. Why? At first, I was just thankful that they took me in then, why am I sad? Do I really want to see my real parents again that much? I sigh.

“I want to see them.. no matter what.” I searched for a pen and I got some paper. Hopefully, they won’t get mad at me or anything..

End of Your P.O.V.


Author’s P.O.V.

“Miss ____-ah! Please wake up now!” Songhye said, opening the door. What she saw surprised her, the bed was made up. “Miss ____-ah?!” Junhong who happened to pass by, went in. “What’s going on here?” He looked to see Songhye, on the verge of tears. “Young master..”

Junhong went to her and told her to go downstairs.She immediately complied, hastily running out of the door. He sighed and looked around for clues on where you would be.

Then, his eyes caught a particular piece of paper on your desk.

It was a letter.

He took it and read it.

To whomever’s reading this,

    By the time you read this, I’m probably already gone .Please don’t look for me, I will be fine. I went away because I wanted to search by myself. I want to meet my biological parents. Umma, Appa, thank you. Thank you for taking care of me, for loving me as your own daughter. Junhong-ah.. I love you.

Love,

____-ah.

Junhong tried to process everything. She.. left? She loved him? His eyes widened. He then ran out of the room and went to his appa’s study. He hesitated to open the door. ‘Should I do this?’ He sighed and went in. “Appa.” His father looked up, surprised. “Oh, Junhong. Is there something wrong?”

“Appa.. She.. left.” His father gave him a confused look. “Who left, Junhong-ah?” Junhong sighed. “____-ah, she left..” His appa’s eyes widened. The door to the study opened. “Oh, Junhong-ah! There you are, have you seen your sister?” His mother asked, smiling nicely. Junhong gulped.

“Uh, honey, about that-“

“No, umma.. I haven’t seen her, because..” She smiled encouragingly. “She left.” Her eyes widened in shock and she fell to her knees. “Umma!”

“Honey!” Junhong and his appa went to her immediately. “Wha.. What do you mean by left, Junhong-ah?” Her eyes looked like it was in the verge of tears. “Umma, she left to go look for her biological parents.. She.. doesn’t want any of us to look for her.” Junhong said, breathing heavily.

His umma sobbed in his appa’s chest. Looking at his umma like this, makes his heart clench. He sighed. Why did she have to leave? With that thought in mind, he went to his room and decided he wouldn’t be going to school today.

“Why now? Why..? Why when I haven’t even told you how I feel?” Junhong mumbled to himself, crying.

This was the first time he ever cried for anyone..

 


[A/N:] Okaaaay, what did I just write? o.o Oh well.. I'm pretty new with writing these kinds of stuff.. >.<

I hope you liked it~ Please comment and tell me if you liked it! Kamsahamnidaaaa~! <3

 

~ Louise <3