Wake Up Call

Wake Up Call

It just so happened that the two laziest members of EXO-M shared the same hotel room for their stay in Taiwan. Lu Han doesn’t mind sharing a room with Yifan; in fact he loves it because it’s Yifan. Not to mention the fact that he gets to sleep in a little more because their room would the last one the manger enters in the morning, knowing that Yifan refuses to comply when it comes to waking up.

The only thing that bugged Lu Han was Yifan’s alarm. If he could, he would love to chuck it against the wall, so it would never utter a sound again—Lu Han knows that if he really did, he would probably never see the daylight ever again.

Lu Han normally is a very patient person, but it’s early morning right now and that’s a whole different story.

 

A string of groans erupt from his dry lips as the vibration followed by the ringing of Yifan’s phone interrupts Lu Han from dreamland. The first couple of times were bearable, but then it started to get annoying.

Really annoying.

Lu Han grabbed the nearest thing to chuck at Yifan, which happened to be a complimentary hotel pen. It slapped Yifan right across the face before falling onto the plush carpet. Lu Han forgot he had spectacular aim.

"What the Lu Han!"   

He also forgot that Yifan isn't the kindest soul in the mornings. But he couldn't help but snort at Yifan’s reaction and the red mark forming on his cheek. At the same time he mentally cursed because Yifan was going to give him a lot of for that. 

A lot of .  

"Alarm," Lu Han grunts, lazily pointing his chin towards Yifan. 

He rummages through the pile of blankets and pillows for the vibrating device and turns it off. 

", it's only 6am."  The younger male forgot they didn't have any schedules today and their flight back to Korea is at 1pm.   

"Thanks for interfering with my precious sleep."

They returned to the hotel at 12am last night and didn't go to bed until 2am. 

"Shut up," Yifan winced when his fingers grazed across his flaming cheek. “You’re going to get it later when I'm fully awake."

"Now, now, is that how you speak to your elders?" Lu Han retorts.

" you," he glares at Lu Han with half lidded eyes.

"I'm sure you'd like that," Lu Han snickers, revealing a smirk. Yifan wants to wipe that smirk off his face, but he’s too tired right now so that can wait. With a groan Yifan pulls the covers over his head and continues off to catch z’s.

Just when Lu Han was about to fall asleep vibrations followed by Yifan’s alarm ringtone sounds again. Lu Han grunts and waits for it to stop.

It continues. He waits a little more. Still goes on.

He sits up in bed practically wide-awake now. The volume of the alarm has intensified by now and Lu Han is starting to get impatient.  He turns to glare at the unmoving log, also known as his Duizhang. How he doesn't hear any of this amazes Lu Han; a 9.0 earthquake could be occurring and Yifan probably wouldn't feel a thing. His patience thins with every passing millisecond. He stomps over to the side of Yifan's bed and nudges the lump he assumes to be his shoulder.

Nothing happens.  

 

"!" 

Yifan clutches his arm in pain and Lu Han hears mumbles from under the covers.

"You look like a ing girl, but you punch like Tao," he pops his head out and glares at Lu Han. 

"I'll take that as a compliment," Lu Han's lips form a grin and then falls back down into a scowl, "Turn that alarm off, it's driving me nuts."

"What if I don't want to?" Yifan responds. 

Lu Han stares back at him dumbfounded. "Well I'll do it myself then," Lu Han reaches forward to search for the phone on Yifan’s bed, but is stopped by an arm.

Lu Han can see the cellphone peeking out from under the pillow and he leans forward, but Yifan blocks Lu Han with his whole upper body.

“Move or I’ll punch you again.”

“Do it,” The male sitting on the bed taunts.

And he doesn’t.  

Instead, Lu Han uses his whole body to tackle the younger onto the bed earning a painful groan from Yifan. Quick hands slip under the pillow, grabbing the nonstop ringing device. He sits up and straddles Yifan as he attempts to figure out how to turn the thing off.

Taking Lu Han off guard, Yifan flips their positions and locks both of Lu Han’s wrists in place by the side of his head. Lu Han kicks at the air in frustration, because not only is he pinned to the bed, the alarm is blaring right next to his left ear.

“Wu Yifan, I hate you,” Lu Han confesses with a piercing glare.

“I hate you more,” Yifan gives a just as, if not more, intense glare.

Yifan drops his elbows, resulting in him crashing his weight down on Lu Han, receiving an ‘omph’ from the smaller male. Their faces are mere centimeters apart and it makes Lu Han a little uncomfortable (more like very uncomfortable) so he looks down avoiding eye contact. Yifan chuckles at his reactions, he thinks it’s kind of cute.

“…get off….of me you...you fatass,” he manages to let out in short breaths.

“No, this is your punishment,” Lu Han looks up at him with confused eyes and Yifan continues, “your punishment for scarring my face, punching me, and tackling me.” The boy above him pouts, which causes Lu Han’s chest to do a little somersault, but he chooses to ignore it.

Lu Han shifts a little to make it easier for him to speak, “Quit being so dramatic, your face will be fine. Now get off or I won’t be nice.”

The crushed male rolls his eyes and exhales angrily at the sound of the ongoing alarm. The boy above him notices this and decides to be nice by turning it off with a few swipes of his fingers. A sigh of relief escapes Lu Hans lips.

“Get off.”

Yifan nuzzles his face near the crook of Lu Han’s neck and makes himself comfortable on the pillow. “Like I said this is your punishment,” he mumbles lazily, his warm breath tickling Lu Han’s skin. Red flushes to Lu Han’s cheeks at the touch and he hopes Yifan didn’t catch it.

After a minute or so of silence, other than his own heavy breathing, Lu Han turns to look at Yifan and sees that his eyes are shut and is sleeping peacefully; his usual angry expression now smoothed out making him look younger, sweeter. Taking advantage of the situation Lu Han frees the grip on his wrists and tries to push the dead weight off of him.

He doesn’t budge.

Lu Han gasps at the arm that wraps around his waist and the low voice that says, “Just stay like this for a while.” Yifan slides off of the boy so he isn’t crushing him anymore, but his arm is still settled on his stomach, wrapping around his waist.

Lu Han blinks at the ceiling as the pounding in his chest increases and his body whines a little at the lost of heat. A quiet voice inside his head tells him, a little while like this is okay—actually more than a little while is okay too. Lu Han bites down on his bottom lip and nods, not really caring if the person next to him sees or not.

Yifan does.

A smile caresses his lips as he studies the way the pink lingers on Lu Han’s cheek and how the corner of his lips tug upwards a little. After embedding Lu Han’s features in his mind his eyelids start to get heavy and finally droops down to a close. Lu Han readjusts and relaxes into Yifan’s embrace, fluttering his eyes shut as he relishes in the warm radiating from the other’s body, lulling him to sleep.

 

-----

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! Constructive comments would be appreciated~