River

Baekhyun's 11 Scary Moments

Baekhyun didn’t last a week in Luhan’s villa. He went back to Seoul on the next day after they arrived.

He can’t understand why he always encounters ghosts wherever he was. And he even more puzzled when the ghost in the Ferris wheel knew him.

“I don’t remember that I have an ex that was already dead.” Baekhyun said. “And I don’t remember that I hurt a girl.”

He is sitting on the bench alone in the park. Suddenly, a hot air blew on his left ear.

Baekhyun felt goosebumps all over his body.

“Ah!” he screamed and fell on the ground.

A guy laughed loudly.

“Yah! D.O!” Baekhyun shouts.

“You should see your face. It’s so epic!” D.O said and laughed hard.

Baekhyun stood up. “Why are you here?” Baekhyun asks.

“I was about to go to the mall when I saw you here. You look so serious.” D.O said. “What’s the problem? Girls?”

“Yeah. A girl. Wherever I go I saw girls that looking for me.” Baekhyun said.

“Wow! I didn’t know that face of yours has many fans.” D.O jokingly said.

“Look who’s talking.” Baekhyun said and starts walking away. D.O runs after him.

“Hey! I am just joking.” D.O said. “Let me treat you. What do you want to eat? Hamburger? Eye-liner?”

Baekhyun glares at him. “Ok, ok. I’m sorry.” D.O said. “Anyway, I heard that Chanyeol is inviting everyone to his province but unfortunately everyone has their own plan including me. How about you?”

“I’m coming with him.” Baekhyun said.

“Really? He must be happy that finally someone agrees to come with him.” D.O said. “Well, good luck to you and I hope you enjoy being with him.”

Baekhyun sighed while walking back to his house. “I hope there are no more ghosts will appear.” Baekhyun said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol is here.” His mom called him.

Baekhyun went out of his room and saw Chanyeol sitting on their sofa. “Oh Chanyeol, what’s up?”

“I want to remind you that we need to meet up at the bus station at exactly 8:00 in the morning tomorrow.” Chanyeol said.

“I know that’s why I am packing my things now. You don’t need to come here. You just call me.” Baekhyun said.

“It’s ok. I went to the convenient store to buy the snacks for us while we are in the bus.” Chanyeol said.

“Ah… Ok.” Baekhyun said.

“I need to go now. Remember, 8:00. Don’t be late.” Chanyeol reminded him.

“Ne.” Baekhyun said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Baekhyun sleeps early so he can get up early tomorrow. He sets his alarm at 6:00 am.

While sleeping, Baekhyun dreams of his old school.

He is sitting on his chair alone in the classroom with his teacher. The teacher is sleeping.

“Where is everyone else?” he asks himself.

Then, he looks at the clock. 11:59. One minute before 12:00.

Baekhyun knew what will gonna happen. When it is 12:00, the lights off.

Baekhyun felt cold and he thinks someone is staring at him. He slowly turns around and saw the ghost floating outside the window looking straight to him.

The ghost slowly moves towards him. He closed his eyes and tries to wake himself up.

Baekhyun woke up from his bad dream. His heart is beating fast and he is sweat. His alarm is ringing.

He turns off the alarm and sat on his bed. “What the hell is that?” he asks himself.

He decided to get ready because he doesn’t want to be late.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

8:30 am…

Baekhyun is waiting for Chanyeol for 30 minutes. “Tsk! He said that I need to be early.” Baekhyun said. he forgot all about his dream because he is excited to see Chanyeol’s province.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol shouts while running. He has a big back pack.

“Yah! You said that we should be here at exactly 8:00. Why are you late?” Baekhyun said.

“Mian. I didn’t hear my alarm.” Chanyeol said.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun get on the bus.

“Why is your bag big?” Baekhyun asks.

“Umma cooked lots of foods for us plus the snacks that I bought last night.” Chanyeol said.

During their bus trip, Chanyeol and Baekhyun only did is to eat until Baekhyun fell asleep.

While sleeping, he dreamt of the bus that he rode with Xiu Min.

He is sitting alone in the bus while the driver is busy driving. He is getting sleepy when the bus suddenly turned left. He looks at the window and saw a ghost looking straight to him.

Baekhyun woke up and he noticed that the bus is already stopped.

“Baekhyun, let’s go. We’re here.” Chanyeol said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

From the bus station, Chanyeol and Baekhyun need to walk towards the village.

While walking, Baekhyun enjoys looking around. “Chanyeol, can we swim in that river?” Baekhyun asks when he saw a river.

“Ne. Let’s go swimming tomorrow.” Chanyeol said.

At last, they reached Chanyeol’s grandparents house.

“Halmeoni, I’m here.” Chanyeol said.

An old woman came out of a tradition house. “Aigoo! My favorite grandson is here.” The old woman said.

“How are you, Halmeoni?” Chanyeol asks.

“I’m still strong.” The old woman said.

“Halmeoni, this is Baekhyun my friend.” Chanyeol said.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Baekhyun greets.

“Aigoo! You and my grandson are both handsome.” She said.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled.

“Are you hungry? I prepared lots of foods for you.” She said.

“Ne, Halmeoni! We will just put our bags in my room.” Chanyeol said.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

That night, after the dinner, Chanyeol and Baekhyun sleep.

Baekhyun is now dreaming about the ghost in the ferris wheel.

He is riding the ferris wheel alone with the ghost. But unlike the first time he saw the ghost, she is not scary and she feels warm.

“Baekhyun…” the ghost whispered.

“How did you know my name?” he asks. “Who are you? Are you following me?”

“Why did you forget me?” the ghost asks and tears are falling from her eyes.

Baekhyun felt hurt deep inside of him when he saw the ghost crying.

“I hate you.” The ghost said and pushes him off the ferris wheel.

Baekhyun woke up and he is now on the floor. Chanyeol is still sleeping on their bed with his long legs is on the empty space of the bed.

“He must be kicked me that’s why I fell on the floor.” Baekhyun said. “But what’s that dream about?”

Baekhyun decided to go out of the bedroom. It is already morning.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

It is afternoon when the two friends went to the river to swim. Chanyeol’s grandmother made some snacks for them.

“The water looks cold.” Baekhyun said.

“Perfect for the summer.” Chanyeol said and gets in the water. “Baekhyun, let’s go.”

Baekhyun follows Chanyeol.

The two friends are having fun swimming in the river.

After an hour…

“I’m hungry.” Chanyeol said. “Baekhyun, let’s eat.”

“You go first. I’ll just enjoy the water.” Baekhyun said and swims.

“Ok. But don’t go far away.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun didn’t hear it and swims until he swims far away from Chanyeol.

He looks around and he can’t see Chanyeol. “I should go back.” Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun was about to swim back to Chanyeol when he felt someone holding his left foot and dragging him deep into the river.

Baekhyun started to get panic and he tries to swim away. He looks down to see who is pulling his left foot.

His eyes widened when he saw a long hair from above moving towards him and wraps on his neck.

Baekhyun can’t breathe and slowly his eyes are closing.

‘Am I going to die like this?’ he thought before losing his conscious.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

‘Baekhyun… Baekhyun… Wake up…’ Baekhyun can hear someone calling his name.

‘Halmeoni, he isn’t waking up. Shall I do CPR?’ Baekhyun is trying to know who owns that voice.

‘Do it…’ another voice said.

‘Ok. I am going to kiss I mean I will do CPR to Baekhyun.’ A guy’s voice said.

Baekhyun automatic opens his eyes and saw Chanyeol’s lips going towards him.

He used his hand to block Chanyeol’s mouth.

“I’m ok now.” Baekhyun said.

“Baekhyun, I’m glad you’re ok now. I’m so worried about you!” Chanyeol said while hugging him tightly.

“Stop hugging me. Do you want me to die?” Baekhyun asks.

“Mian.” Chanyeol said. “But what happened to you? I saw you lying on the ground. At first, I thought you are sleeping but when I can’t wake you up, I started to get panic.” Chanyeol said.

“I am here on the ground?” Baekhyun asks.

“Ne.” Chanyeol said.

“But how?” Baekhyun asks.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asks.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Baekhyun told everything to Chanyeol and to his grandmother what happened to him.

“There is really a ghost on that part of the river that’s why no one is allowed to swim there. The ghost likes to drag people deep in the river. You’re lucky that you are saved.” Halmeoni said. “No one comes back alive after being dragged by the ghost.”

“Wow! Baekhyun must have a guardian angel on his back.” Chanyeol said.

‘Is there a guardian angel that wrapping her hair on my neck to save me?’ he thought.

After that, Chanyeol and Baekhyun never go back to the river but they stayed in Chanyeol’s province for a week.