Five ♡

An Interesting Love Story: Infinity Necklace ♥

After the second date, Sunggyu kept asking Jiyoon out for more. The latter started worrying. However, Sunggyu kept telling her that it's okay with Soyou—even if it's really not okay with her. Jiyoon have always smiled weakly at him but is convincing herself to believe him.

 

"I have something to tell you, Jiyoonitt." Sunggyu told Jiyoon as they were walking around a mall.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's about Soyou... And you. And, well, me." he looked down, saying. Jiyoon nodded and gave a smile.

"Tell me. It's okay, I'll listen." she said.

"Well... It's just that—" "Kim Sunggyu and Jeon Jiyoon?" someone cut through their conversation. The girl looked at who it was. She gasped.

"Hyuna? Jihyun? Sohyun?" Jiyoon beamed at the sight. It was her other friends, lurking around the mall. She ran to them and gave them warm and tight hugs.

"Aigoo, Kim Sunggyu. When will you be able to say it.." he mumbled to himself and sighed. Jiyoon looked at him and ushered him to come close to them. He smiled and obliged.

 

 

"Wow, so you're dating Jiyoon now?" Jihyun told Sunggyu. Jiyoon patted her arm and shook her head. The only guy laughed.

"Maybe...." he answered. The girls nudged on Jiyoon and . The latter kept shaking her head. They talked for minutes and without permission, Hyuna took Jiyoon away from Sunggyu. The guy simply gave a chuckle and let them take her.

 

"Maybe it's not the right time. No. I should say it already." he mumbled to himself again and nodded.

 

 

 

The next days were even happier. Jiyoon and Sunggyu started hanging out almost everyday. As promise, Sunggyu wrote songs for Jiyoon and her only. He sang it to her and she felt really really happy. Gayoon started worrying about them. She wanted to warn Jiyoon but she can't, since she doesn't wanna ruin her friend's happiness.

 

One day, the two went home from a noraebang. They were holding hands as if Jiyoon is Sunggyu's girlfriend. Shockingly, Soyou was standing, leaning on a light post near Jiyoon's house. She was waiting for them. The two didn't notice her but she did. She saw them holding hands together. Soyou narrowed her eyes at Jiyoon, she walked to her and in a glimpse, she gave her a slap on her face. Sunggyu was flabbergasted.

 

"How dare you?" Soyou exclaimed with furious eyes. Jiyoon looked at her, holding on her cheek.

"Soyou, what are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked, now getting confused.

"What am I doing here?" she replied.

"I was waiting for you 10 hours ago. I texted you a lot of times. I made lunch for you and what do I get? My boyfriend holding her best friend's hand while walking her home." she added.

"Soyou. Don't do this here." the guy said, more of in a soft tone.

"Don't do this here?! Don't do what? Embarrass your best friend who's been taking away my boyfriend for days now? I'm done acting stupid, Sunggyu. I'm done with your lame questions asking me if you could take Jiyoon for a date. I'm done listening to your excuses that keeps on repeating." she said, pointing at Sunggyu. Jiyoon just kept quiet and looked down. He was in a bad situation.

"Answer me honestly, Kim Sunggyu. For all those days that you were Jiyoon, did you ever think about me?" she questioned, holding back her tears. Sunggyu couldn't answer. He looked at Jiyoon. Then, he grabbed Soyou's arms and dragged her away. The girl tried to escape from Sunggyu's hands but she was unable to.

 

Jiyoon felt like crying but she wanted to stay strong. She ran inside the house without greeting her mom. She locked herself inside the room.

 

"Jiyoon? What happened, dear?" her mom asked.

"Nothing, mom. Just.. I'm studying. Don't disturb me." she answered. Her mom was worried. She called Sunggyu but there was no answer. She called her friends and they immediately went to comfort her. Of course, she opened the door for them. The girls tried to comfort Jiyoon with songs and dances, stories for her to forget Sunggyu but it wasn't that effective.

 

 

"Jiyoon-ah~ Cheer up. Everything will be fine." Jihyun said.
"Yeah. Besides, you're prettier than Soyou." Hyuna said, smiling. Jiyoon hissed. Sohyun laughed and patted her head like she was older than her. They laughed a bit and tried hard to make Jiyoon smile.

"I think it's better if you're back in America." Gayoon said. The others agree although it's sad for Jiyoon to leave again.

"Your parents decided to go back in a week right?" Sohyun asked. Jiyoon nodded and smiled weakly.

"Does Sunggyu know this?" Jihyun asked. Gayoon nudged her, telling her not to mention his name. Jiyoon snickered and smiled.

"It's okay, Gayoon. He doesn't know, and I have no plans on telling him." she answered. They all nodded. Gayoon saw the Infinity necklace still around Jiyoon's neck, she smiled.

 

 

One week later, it was the day of Jiyoon and her parents' flight to America. Jiyoon was slowly packing up her things when her mom told her that she should hurry up or they"ll be late. Jiyoon nodded and paced up. They were on their way to the airport, Jiyoon took her phone, she looked at Sunggyu's number, deleted it and all his messages. She sighed heavily and looked out the cab window.

 

"Are you okay, Jiyoon?" her mom asked. She just nodded.

 

 

The day before that, Gayoon contacted Sunggyu who was with his guitar alone in the music room. She wanted to talk to him about Jiyoon. He told her to come to the music room.

 

"Sunggyu?"

"Yes, Gayoon?"

"Jiyoon's leaving tomorrow. She's going back to America." she said. A string from Sunggyu's guitar suddenly plucked broken. He looked at Gayoon.

"What?" he asked.

"Didn't you hear me? Jiyoon's going back to America tomorrow. Her flight's at 8AM. I thought that you should know." she answered him.

"But....."

"But what?"

"I need to see her." he said. Gayoon smiled and nodded.

"I know you'll do the right thing, even though it'll hurt one person. My best friend means a lot more to me, and I know your best friend means much more." she replied.

"Thanks, Gayoon." Sunggyu smiled.

 

 

* FLASHBACK *

 

"I know.. When I come back, I'll be pretty. I'll be your girlfriend."

 

 

"You will be my girlfriend. You and no one else, Jeon Jiyoon." he uttered as he recalled her voice.

 

 


 

 Number of words: 1079.

A/N: Last chapter is up and I have plans on having a sequel.

Dual sequel. So, readers will be able to choose between two genres.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna update the last chapter tomorrow. I still have school.

Sorry. I hope you're liking the story even more. :))))

xoxo.

P.S. This cute characters represent Sunggyu and Jiyoon ♥