Three ♡

An Interesting Love Story: Infinity Necklace ♥

The next day, Sunggyu was sitting on the bench with his notebook and pen. It was fate when he saw Jiyoon walking along the pathway towards him. He called her and ushered her next to him. Jiyoon started feeling uncomfortable around him. She looked around and walked lazily to sit beside him.

 

"Where's Soyou?" she curiously asked.

"She's doing some music sheets, works or something." he answered, smiling.

"Really? Hmm.. So what're you up to right there?" she smiled a bit and pointed at his notebook.

"Nothing. Just songs." he replied, still smiling. "Oh!"

"What?" Jiyoon blinked.

"I promised to write you songs and sing for you right?" he said.

"Yes, and I promised to be back and become your girlfriend.." she said as she looks down. Sunggyu felt embarrassed. He remembered their promise but, he didn't keep it. For some reason.

"Oh yeah, about that..." suddenly, Jiyoon stood up and smiled to him.

"It's okay. Who am I to promise and become your girlfriend, anyway? We were kids back then. We didn't knew what would happen when we grow up." she said. She was about to run away when Soyou abruptly interrupted.

"Jiyoon? Oh, so you're with Sunggyu." she said and puffed her cheeks, just so she could long." he answered, smiling.

"Really? Hmm.. So what're you up to right there?" she smiled a bit and pointed at his notebook.

"Nothing. Just songs." he replied, still smiling. "Oh!"

"What?" Jiyoon blinked.ok cute.

"I was just leaving. He just told me something. I'm leaving now." Jiyoon said. She held back her tears and walked away.

 

 

 

"Soyou, can you stop interrupting when I'm with Jiyoon?" he said. Soyou gasped and puffed her cheeks.

"Why are you like that?! Do you like her more than me?!" she exclaimed. Sunggyu sighed and focuses back on his notebook. Soyou stomped her feet and sat beside him.

"Gyuzizi~ I'm sorry. You know I'm just jealous right? That girl is pretty and all." she said, pouting and clinging on Sunggyu's shoulder. Sunggyu sighed again and shuts his notebook closed.

"That girl you're talking about is my best friend ever since I could remember. She was gone for 14 years and came back to have a vacation with her parents. I was excited to see her and wanted to spend time with her, because if ever she goes back to America, I will never get to see her again." he explained.

"Okay, I understand. I'm sorry." Soyou said, looking down.

"Okay, I'll ask permission. Can I take her for dinner tonight?" he asks. Soyou looked at him, pouting again.

"14 years, Soyou. 14 years.." he said. The girl nodded.

"Okay."

 

 

On the way home, Jiyoon received a text message. It was from Sunggyu—"It's Sunggyu. I got your number from Gayoon. Are you okay? Are you worried about Soyou? Let's talk later please. A dinner date. Just the two of us. Please?" Jiyoon's eyes widened a bit. She sighed and didn't reply. When she got home, she heard her mom calling her name.

 

"Yes, mom? Is there something wrong?" she asked.

"Where were you?" her mom asked back. Jiyoon blinked and smiled.

"I was just walking at the park, mom. I looked around and inhaled fresh air. Why?" she answered.

"Sunggyu called. He asked if she could treat you dinner later." she said, smiling widely.

"W-what?!" the younger exclaimed. "W-what did you say, mom?"

"Well, what do you think would I say? Of course yes. He said he'll pick you up at 7pm." she replied, nudging her a bit, thinking Jiyoon was excited about it. Jiyoon was in shock but stayed quiet and didn't talk. She headed straight to her room.

"What's wrong with her?" her mom tilted her head to Jiyoon. "Probably in shock with excitement." she shrugged and laughed a bit.

 

 

7pm. Jiyoon stayed inside her room. Although she prepared for the date. Just in case she changes her mind—but of course she wants to go, especially when it's already Sunggyu who invited her and her mom knows. Awhile later, Sunggyu arrived and knocked on the door. Jiyoon's mom opened it and beamed at the sight. Sunggyu bowed and smiled at her.

 

"Sunggyu, is that you already? Oh my! You've gotten really handsome now." her mom asked. Sunggyu chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, Mrs. Jeon. It's me." he replied. Jiyoon's mom ushered him inside and lets him sit on the couch while waiting.

"How are you, Mrs. Jeon." he asked, smiling.

"I'm alright, my dear. Very happy. How about you, my dear?" she answered and asked back.

"I'm okay. I just really missed Jiyoon. I missed you and your cooking." he said. Her mom smiled and told her that she'll cook him foods some other time. Sunggyu smiled. Jiyoon's mom called her again, now in a louder voice.

 

Meanwhile, Jiyoon was holding on to her doorknob. She breathes deeply and thinks for awhile. Later, she decided to go and opened her door. She slowly walked down the stairs and peeked on him. Sunggyu notices her and smiled. He walked to the end of the stairway and offered his arm. Jiyoon glared at him, telling him that he doesn't want to link her arm to his. But then, her mom grabbed her arm and clinged it to Sunggyu's. The latter chuckled and bowed to her mom, then they left.

 

The two arrived in a Steakhouse after a few minutes. Jiyoon was again, feeling uncomfortable around him. She looked around the place and started distracting herself with the delicious-smelling scent of the surroundings. She couldn't help glance at Sunggyu, who was smiling all throughout their way to the place. She looked away quickly. Sunggyu went to find an available table beside the window for a beautiful view. He ushered her to the table and pulled a chair for her. Jiyoon rolled her eyes and sat down. He sat down across her, picks up the menu and calls the waiter.

 

"What would you like to eat, Jiyoonie?" he asked, smiling.

"Anything. Oh, and don't call me Jiyoonie." she replied coldly. Sunggyu chuckled and gave her a menu.

"Okay, Jiyoonitt~ You're still cute when you're mad. Now, pick anything you like and I'll buy it for you." he said, then pokes her cheeks. Jiyoon hissed and pointed at the steak, meat and red bean sherbet. Sunggyu nodded and ordered the foods to the waiter. They both closed the menu. Jiyoon drank water and looked around.

"Uh, Jiyoonitt.. Can we talk about Soyou?" he asked.

"What now?! We're going to talk about your girlfriend?" she exclaimed. Jiyoon shook her head and looked outside the window.

"Well, I have a reason for liking her. I thought maybe you should know." he said. Jiyoon was silently listening. She didn't look at him but she was listening.

"I pictured you in Soyou, when she and I first met. I pictured you." he said again. Jiyoon blinked a few times. She looked at him and pinched his cheeks hard.

"A-ahhh! Ya!" Sunggyu whined and rubbed his cheeks, pouting.

"Ya, Jiyoonitt—" "Don't be stupid." he was cut off by her.

"First of all, don't call me Jiyoonie or Jiyoonitt anymore. Second, I am not like her. I'm not girly like her. I don't dress like her. I don't talk like her. I don't smell like her, and especially I do not look like her." she complained. Sunggyu thought she was so cute when she's blabbering like that. He flicked her forehead and laughed.

"Don't be stupid too. Of course I know that. But Jiyoon, I see you as a girl.. And being pictured like someone doesn't always mean physically. You're sweet, gentle and caring. A little innocent and pure, kind and thoughtful. You're also smart. I like you for that." he said. Jiyoon suddenly blushed but she tried to hide it. The guy smiled.

"We should go out oftenly. Until you come back to America." he said. Jiyoon nodded while patting her cheeks.

"You know I want to b—"

 

Orders arrive. Jiyoon smiled excitedly and seeing that smile, Sunggyu suddenly forgot what he was about to say. They ate the foods in front of their table. Jiyoon was almost inhaling them. Sunggyu kept glancing at her and smiling wider every minute. Just then, Sunggyu saw the infinity necklace that he gave. He chuckled. Jiyoon tilted her head at him, since she couldn't talk with full. He shook his head and mouthed, "You're cute, Jiyoonitt." She just ignored him and went back to eating.

 

After eating, they went for a long walk and awhile later, Sunggyu pulled Jiyoon to their favorite place, the playground at the park—where the promise was held. Jiyoon felt sad and recalled that memory.

 

 

* FLASHBACK *

 

"I'll be back, okay?" Jiyoon said, looking really sad.

"You won't have playmates there anymore and you'll definitely miss me when you live for too long there." Sunggyu pouted.

"I know.. When I come back, I'll be pretty. I'll be your girlfriend." she replied, poking Sunggyu's cheeks.

"..And when you come back, I'll be handsome and will be writing and singing songs for you!" he said, giving a smile at her.

"Promise me that you'll wait for me." she hold up her pinky finger and said.

"Yes, Jiyoonie." he smiled, wrapped his pinky finger around hers and gave her a peck on her forehead.

 

 

"Sunggyu, let's go home. It's almost 10pm. My mom might get worried." she uttered. Sunggyu nodded and held her hand. They started walking home together.

"We'll see each other tomorrow, right?" he asked. Jiyoon nodded with a smile. She went home happily.

 

 

Number of words: 1603.

A/N: Okay, so here's the third chapter.

I'm trying to recover all of my drafts since I have lots of them on random folders.

Sorry for not updating on other stories.

Another note. I don't hate Soyou, I'm just trying my best to make her an effective antagonist.

I hope you like it.

xoxo. ♥

Here are some shikshin Jiyoon gifs. I do not own them.