Epilogue

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“Slowly, yes, a few more steps…” The therapist cooed. “Great job, Tiffany!”

 

I smiled at her as I stepped off the equipment and a wheelchair came into my sight immediately. I smiled even wider to the one pushing it towards me.

 

“She’s such a dear, isn’t she?” The therapist teased as I sat down on the wheelchair, blushing. “Shall leave you two lovebirds alone. That’s all for this session, I will see you next week, Tiffany?”

 

I nodded silently as I blushed harder at her words.

 

“I am proud of you,” Taeyeon bended down next to me and said.

 

“Thanks,” I whispered as she gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze. She then stood up and pushed me out of the room.

 

“Let’s go to the garden.”

 

“As you wish.”

 

It had been 2 months since I woke up in the intensive care unit and I have been recovering well. I was told that I had been in a car accident that left me in coma for a month. Suffering from a broken leg, a few broken ribs and a severe head trauma, the doctors were unsure if I would be able to wake up but are pleased to see my progress now.

 

I was a little confused about where I was when I first woke up. Was I in dimension 8? Is that where I was from, really? But that didn't make sense. At least it didn't explain why I was in limbo and I am pretty sure that getting hit by a car in dimension 8 was way after I got stuck between dimension, just like what that Taeyeon had told me.

 

I had it figured out, just a few days after I woke up. Taeyeon has been well and alive. I was the one involved in the car accident. Perhaps I was led into believing she died like in Dimension 9 when I was all confused and lost in limbo. Thinking back, this is possibly the reason why no one can see Taeyeon but me. I was stuck halfway, between life and death, thereby allowing me to be able to communicate with the living and the dead. And possibly why I needed a device to travel between dimensions while that Taeyeon don’t.

 

I should have noticed though, those minor details that I missed out. Taeyeon’s room had been different when I was sent back to my own dimension once when my identity was exposed. And that time when I couldn’t find Taeyeon’s grave in my own dimension. Of course, I couldn’t since she is all well.

 

In fact, I was inclined to believe all this was nothing but a dream while I was under. That was until Taeyeon handed me a pink pocket watch which she passed me along with all my belongings recovered from the scene. I am pretty sure that wasn’t mine before the accident since I couldn’t remember acquiring it. However, that didn’t matter anymore. And I wasn’t sure if it was by coincidence, when she handed me the watch, the hour hand was at 1 and then it started working. Even Taeyeon was amused, saying that it wasn’t working during the time I was in coma. And so, I concluded that perhaps, I am from dimension 1 actually and I have possibly saved both of us in Dimension 8 unknowingly. Although I don't fancy getting hit by a car twice, the thought of possibly saving both Taeyeon and Tiffany in Dimension 8 and sending myself back to where I belong certainly worth the effort.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Taeyeon spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 

“You,” I replied curtly with a smile and she smiled back.

 

Things have been going well, ever since I woke up with Taeyeon beside me. I overheard the nurses one day that she had been staying vigilant by my side for the whole month I was in coma, except for times when she had to go to school and home for a change of clothes.

 

My heart swelled and I couldn’t be more thankful. The accident has brought out our hidden feelings all these while, at least from what I see. Taeyeon had been attentive and she stood by me all the way. It's hard to believe she doesn't have feelings for me. Besides, the nurses and even my therapist have been teasing us yet she never corrected them. My only concern is that we hadn’t quite put a label to this. It was as if a silent agreement that we should wait till I get better. I know she just didn’t want to burden me while I am recovering. As for me, I just want to wait till I have fully recovered, or at least be well enough and worthy of her. I want to prove myself by getting better. It was stupid really, but love is stupid.

 

“It’s okay, I can do this,” I said as I lifted myself up from the wheelchair and sat down at the bench in the hospital garden.

 

Taeyeon said nothing but observed cautiously and patiently, ready to hold me should I fall.

 

Once I settled down on the bench, I patted the spot next to me and Taeyeon understood, she sat down right next to me.

 

“So… Girl’s Generation huh?”

 

“Haha yes,” I laughed, we both agreed that it sounded a little weird at first but the name kind of stuck on. I have told her about my adventures when I was in a coma, leaving out a few essential parts about how I tried to match make our parallel selves. It was embarrassing, especially when we hadn’t quite talked about us just yet, though I have an inkling that she knows.

 

I watched as she held my hand and interlocked our fingers.

 

Taking a deep breath, she said, ”You know, I have been thinking about us.”

 

I raised my brows.

 

“Do you think they will be together in dimension 9?”

 

“It’s beautifully sad but yes, I would think so in due course.” I gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

 

"How about 8?" She asked again.

 

"I would think so," I laughed. "If my memory serves me right, I got hit by a car twice for them so they better be."

 

Taeyeon laughed with me. She agreed with my speculations of what had happened when I analyzed it with her. Taeyeon was a little apprehensive about the whole thing but seemed to have accept the idea soon. Perhaps she liked how it sounded.

 

“So 9 out of 11 dimensions that we are together, that’s like 80%. I kinda like my chances.” She said when the laughter died down.

 

I chuckled, thinking that I was right, and she smiled wider, taking it as a cue to continue.

 

“So in this very last dimension number 12, would you, perhaps, like to go on a date with me?” She asked shyly.

 

“This is dimension 1, you know.” I grinned and she pouted.

 

Cute.

 

“And that’s not how you calculate your chances here,” I added and her face fell.

 

I simply smiled and leaned in, closing the distance between us till our lips barely touches.

 

“It’s a 100% here, always,” I said as I closed the gap and kissed her.

 

“So yes?” Taeyeon asked, breathlessly when I pulled away slightly.

 

“Yes,” I replied as I leaned back in for a fuller kiss.

 

This dimension with her, that’s the only place I ever want to be.

 


 

A/N: Woohoo! I FINISHED THIS. Giving myself a pat on the back.

Thank you all for staying with me all these times and also through that break I had for months. A very big thank you for those who subscribed/upvoted/left a comment. <3<3<3 Honestly, I really like reading comments as do other authors so I am really grateful to all of you who left one. I hope I did reply to all the comments although I can be a little muddleheaded sometimes and miss out on replying so forgive me if I didn't.

In any case, I am just as happy to have you read my stories, where I get to share my insanity and delusions. LOL.

Alright, this is it. One more summary chapter to explicitly explain things and clear things up. I know this story can be a little confusing especially with the concept of which dimension is which. But hey, its a happy ending! ^^

Last but not least, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!