Chapter 30

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“Woah, Fany, nice to see you outside in broad daylight!” Taeyeon chuckled as she sat down next to me with Sunny in tow.

 

“Erm, where else would I be?” I asked carefully, keeping my eyes on the pair of intertwined hands. To my relief, they released their firm grip on each other when Taeyeon and Sunny sat down.

 

However, I was quickly disappointed as Taeyeon helped Sunny attentively with her bag. After ensuring Sunny was settled in, Taeyeon finally turned her attention back to me.

 

“Well,” Taeyeon glanced at our friends before meeting my eyes. “Weren’t you out partying till late last night? I heard you returning to the dorm at 3 in the morning.”

 

“You heard…?” One thing I learnt about how not to give away the fact that I am clueless is never to complete my question.

 

“Yeah…?” Taeyeon raised her brows, amused. “I hope all that drinking didn’t kill your brain cells that much that you don’t remember we are roommates. I do worry about your liver cells though.”

 

“I see.” I replied curtly, still processing the situation when I realized everyone was looking expectantly at me, as if I was behaving weirdly.

 

Divert attention! My brain screamed.

 

“I mean you were up at 3?”

 

Suddenly all the eyes were on Taeyeon and I released the breath I was holding.

 

“Haha, you weren’t really quiet when you practically knocked over everything on your way to your room.” Taeyeon replied nonchalantly.

 

“It’s not the first time…” She added softly, not that anyone else heard as they had went on to discuss who was going to get the food.

 

I glanced at Taeyeon apologetically but soon felt someone staring at me. I looked up only to find Sunny turning away immediately but decided not to say anything about that.

 

“Sunny, what would you like to have?” Taeyeon asked Sunny as she stood up.

 

“Jajangmyun? Can we share? I am not really hungry.”

 

“Sure,” Taeyeon looked as if she had something to say but decided not to and simply agreed. “Fany? Eel rice as usual?”

 

“Erm…” I wasn’t sure what I was going to ask but Taeyeon quickly interrupted.

 

“With apple orange juice? Yeah, I know.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

I froze in surprise but quickly nodded with a weak smile.

 

“How about you, Sunny? What drinks do you want?”

 

I thought I saw a hint of unhappiness flashed across Sunny’s face but disappeared quickly.

 

“Honey dew.” Sunny replied coldly.

 

“Right, sorry, I keep forgetting.” Taeyeon playfully knocked her head with her fist.

 

“Don’t be angry,” She added as she pecked Sunny’s cheek. “I will be back soon!”

 

After Taeyeon, Seohyun and Yoona left to buy food, Sunny went to her phone while Hyoyeon talked to Yuri about dance practice for some upcoming performance.

 

However, my attention was on Jessica and Sooyoung. I watched as Sooyoung carefully removed the cucumbers from the salad and fed Jessica while Jessica helped cut Sooyoung’s steak into smaller pieces.

 

I glanced over to Yuri who seemed to be very serious in her conversation with Hyoyeon and had no sign of interest in what Jessica was doing.

 

Gosh. What the hell happened here?!

 

From what Taeyeon said, Tiffany here seemed to be partying her life away.

 

Alone?  My brows tightened at that realization. It did seem like the others were not with Tiffany, judging from their reactions when they saw me.

 

Is she really partying away or simply drinking to avoid something? I wondered as I turned to look at Sunny, who was still focused on her phone.

 

Should I get help from Jessica? I tiled my head as I pondered about the possibility. Jessica did help me in a few of the dimensions.

 

But is this even the Jessica I know? I sighed inwardly as I glanced between her, Sooyoung and Yuri.

 

THIS PLACE IS SO MESSED UP! I groaned as I rested my forehead on the table, not caring if I were to draw attention to myself.

 

“Are you okay, unnie?” Seohyun asked as I heard shuffling beside me. Apparently, they were back with food.

 

“Mmhmm.” I shrugged.

 

“Must be the hangover kicking in.” Hyoyeon joked and I heard a smack.

 

“Unnie! Be nice.” I looked up just in time to see Hyoyeon wincing from Seohyun’s glare. I smiled at the exchange and tapped Seohyun’s shoulder to tell her it was alright.

 

I turned to my right and saw Taeyeon taking the food out of the tray and placed them in front of me and Sunny. In fact, I was a little disappointed when I saw that Taeyeon didn’t seem to be worried about my ‘hangover’.

 

I kept quiet for the rest of the meal, only answering when spoken to and made sure I don’t say too much to avoid saying the wrong things and expose myself.

 

-

 

Finally making through the meal, I bided the rest goodbye and watched them scattered off. I asked around and made my way to the dorm when I suddenly realized I don’t know which room I am staying at.

 

Crap, how am I going to find the other Tiffany? I can’t possibly ask if anyone know me! That’s just plain weird. 

 

I groaned and hang my head low, kicking myself in the head for not asking Taeyeon earlier somehow.

 

Would it be weird if I asked around where Taeyeon stays? I wondered.

 

If they know, wouldn’t they know I stay in the same room as well? I reasoned that this is really dumb.

 

I stood rooted to the front of the building, not knowing what to do.

 

“What are you doing here?” A voice startled me. I turned around and saw Taeyeon frowning at me.

 

“Errr…” I was still formulating a logical response when I saw a takeaway cup she was holding.

 

“What is this?” I quickly asked, avoiding the previous question.

 

“Oh, ginger tea for your hangover. I noticed you were really quiet during lunch so I went to get you this at the shop across the business building.” Taeyeon looked at me worriedly. “You should have said something if you weren’t feeling well, you know?”

 

“Thanks.” I smiled giddily at the heartwarming gesture.

 

 “That’s what best friends are for.” Taeyeon chuckled and gave me an amused look. “You are really weird today.”

 

“I am not.” My smile turned into a pout.

 

Taeyeon laughed and pulled me into the building. “What were you doing standing outside anyway?”

 

I thought she forgot about it! I gasped inwardly.

 

“Errr…” I was trying to come up with something when she laughed again.

 

“Did you forget your keys again?”

 

“Er, yeah. Yup, that’s what it is. I forgot my keys.” I blabbered, still feeling the jittery of lying.

 

Taeyeon shook her head teasingly and I followed behind her quietly.

 

Just as she reached a room and took out her keys, I suddenly realized that the other Tiffany might be at home.

 

“Taeyeon!” I shouted drawing her attention to me.

 

“What is it?” Her eyes widen at me in surprise.

 

“Er… don’t you have class now?” I tried my luck.

 

“Erm… yeah…in 15 minutes, but I was worried about you so…”

 

“I am fine. See!” I gestured at myself. “Go to your class! You are going to be late.”

 

“Just leave the keys with me!” I added and shoved her towards the elevator.

 

“Are you sure?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly.

 

“Absolutely.” I smiled forcefully.

 

“Okay, call me if you need anything. I will be back in the evening.”

 

After making sure Taeyeon was gone, I sighed in relief and looked at the keys in my hands.

 

Time to find out what this Tiffany's deal is.

 

-

 

A/N:

Sorry about the grammatical errors, I do realise my tenses were all over the place last chapter.

Anyway, give me a show of hands, who want the other pairings to stay as it is?

Although my evil mind did thought about ending this dimension by breaking dandyu and putting... 2ny together, I am still young and wish to live a little longer. LOL, but can you imagine your faces if I really do that? MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA~~~~!!!!