Chapter 23

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“Erhem… Er, that was nothing. Erm yeah, it was nothing. I... I… just thought I saw something… erm, a bug. Yeah, a bug. But it’s gone now. So yeah, I am alright.” Tiffany stood at the slightly opened door to block Seohyun from coming in.

 

“Are you sure you are okay, unnie?” Seohyun asked worriedly. “You look kind of pale.”

 

“Yeah, yeah sure. I am fine.” Tiffany replied nervously. “Really. Positively. Seriously fine.

 

“Ok…If you say so...” Seohyun said skeptically. “You should change for the shoot already. It’s starting soon and you are still wearing… Wait a minute, you weren’t wearing this when I saw you just now.”

 

“Huh? Oh, is it?” Tiffany was sweating buckets trying to cover for me. “No, I was wearing this all along.”

 

“But I was sure you were…”

 

“Haha, you must have mistaken my outfit for someone else. You probably need a break too, you know, following me everywhere must have taken its toll.” T chuckled awkwardly.

 

“Hmmm, maybe.” Seohyun frowned. “I will see you in a while then. Go change.”

 

“Sure.” Tiffany forced out a smile before closing and locking the door.

 

She let out a sigh in relief before turning around to face me.

 

“Ok, now talk. What the hell is going on?”

 

“I told you, I am from a parallel dimension.” I replied nonchalantly.

 

“So you are not with Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked hesitantly.

 

I merely glared at her.

 

“Right. Okay, got your point. So how’s this gonna work?”

 

“Well, both of you have to talk for a start.” I commented.

 

“Yeah, right. And how do you suggest we do that?” Tiffany asked sarcastically. “I can’t really get away right now and I don’t think she wants to talk me.”

 

“Please work with me here, I am not your enemy.” I narrowed my eyes at her.

 

“Sorry.” Tiffany apologized meekly, feeling a little guilty. “But really, it’s really hard to slip away after doing it last night. S is keeping a close watch.”

 

 “You do have a point.” I said as I scratched my head for ideas.

 

“If there’s a will, there must be a way.” I added as we stare at each other.

 

-

 

“Hey Stephanie, where have you been?” Taeyeon asked the moment I stepped into the house.

 

“Erm, erm, I was erm… Job hunting! Yes, job hunting.” I stuttered as I walked towards my room.

 

“I am sorry about yesterday.” Taeyeon added as she stood up and moved towards the kitchen. “Have you eaten? I left some soup for you.”

 

“Huh? Oh, don’t worry about it.” I shrugged. “Yes, I have eaten but I don’t mind having the soup. Thanks.”

 

There was an awkward silence as I slowly drank the soup with Taeyeon watching.

 

“So, aren’t you going to ask about me and Tiffany?”

 

I almost choked. I couldn’t possibly let Taeyeon know I knew everything.

 

“Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you.” Taeyeon apologized.

 

“Oh no, it’s alright. So… what’s going on with you and Tiffany?” I asked timidly, though she couldn’t miss the chance to hear Taeyeon’s side of the story.

 

“Sigh… You can keep it a secret, can you?” Taeyeon asked.

 

I nodded eagerly.

 

“As you probably can deduce, we were a couple.”

 

I winced when Taeyeon said ‘were’.

 

“We actually knew each other way before she debuted and I don’t think she knew but I have been crushing since the day I met her for the first time.”

 

My eyes widen at the new information. The encounters in other universes never revealed anything about when Taeyeon started to feel the same way as Tiffany.

 

“I don’t know what happened between us but I guess my insecurities got to me.” Taeyeon said sadly. “To think I wanted to ask her to join me to visit my family this weekend at Jeollado so I can introduce her.”

 

“I mean it’s family so she don’t have to worry about them leaking our relationship. Besides, I have been telling them so much about her that they couldn’t wait to meet her in person.” Taeyeon added. “Then again, they have been wondering if we were dating for real.”

 

I frowned, knowing it must be hard on Taeyeon when she is sandwiched between family and her girlfriend.

 

“Besides, I doubt she can come with me anyway.” Taeyeon continued. “Sorry, I have been blabbering on and on about myself.”

 

“It’s alright.” I smiled a little.

 

“Can I join you when you visit your family this weekend?” I asked as an idea popped in my head. “I can act as Tiffany!”

 

“Wha… What?” Taeyeon was shocked by my offer.

 

“I mean, you don’t want to disappoint your family and I believe you don’t really want to break up with Tiffany, right?” I asked, hoping to hear a positive reply.

 

“Erm yeah, I guess.”

 

“Then that settles it.” I said as I stood up to wash the bowl at the sink. It seemed a little pushy but I thought Taeyeon was too nice to stop me from going. I guess the first thing I can help fix is Tiffany with Taeyeon’s family.

 

I smiled widely as I mentally gave myself a pat on the back.

 

-

 

The weekend came quickly since it was merely a day away. I took the chance to visit Tiffany again on Friday to update her on what is happening during the weekend.

 

“How are we going to get to your house?” Tiffany asked excitedly as they got off the train that she held Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Erm, my brother should be here to pick us up.” Taeyeon answered as she broke their linked arms. “Sorry.”

 

“Oh no, I am sorry. But don’t you think we should act a little more closer if we were to pull it off in front of your family?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Ok.” Taeyeon sighed in defeat. “But only in front of them?”

 

“Sure.” Tiffany chuckled at how hard Taeyeon was trying for the relationship.

 

“Unnie!!” A little girl exclaimed as she ran towards them.

 

“Hayeon!” Taeyeon smiled widely as she opened her arms, expecting a hug.

 

However, the little girl ran towards Tiffany instead and Tiffany hug the girl instinctively.

 

“Haha, that little kid couldn’t wait to meet you, Tiffany.” A voice spoke. “Hi, I am Taeyeon’s brother, Jiwoong.”

 

“Yah, am I invisible now?” Taeyeon pouted.

 

“Haha, pretty much. Look at her, she’s a star!” Jiwoong teased. “Come on, let’s go.”

 

-

 

“You know, I really thought Taeyeon was joking when she said she is dating you.” Jiwoong commented as he stopped at a red light. He was driving with Hayeon in the passenger seat while Taeyeon and Tiffany were at the back. “Then again, you guys look a little awkward.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon interjected before Tiffany get to reply and held Tiffany's hand up. “We are perfectly fine.”

 

“Yeah, we are all good.” Tiffany smiled apologetically to Taeyeon but thought holding hands seemed a little weak to prove a point. She then suddenly pulled Taeyeon into a kiss on the lips.

 

“See, we are doing good.” Tiffany added with a smirk.

 

Jiwoong grinned widely as he saw the kiss from the rear view mirror before the light turned green.

 

Taeyeon however was too shocked that she froze and stared blankly at Tiffany.

 

As soon as they reached Taeyeon’s house, Jiwoong took Hayeon into the house first while Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany before they could enter the house.

 

“Yah, what was that for, Stephanie?” Taeyeon asked angrily. “That’s going too far!”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow in amusement.

 

“Who said I am Stephanie?”

 

-

 

A/N:

Lol, Target. Locked. spillover. Got too used to messing up their identities.