Chapter 17

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“Look at what you have done!” Sunny blamed Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was still frozen in thoughts but before Sunny could reprimand the girl further, Sooyoung pulled the angry Sunny away.

 

Seeing that Tiffany was all alone, I walked up and asked, “What happened?”

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, Tiffany looked at me, all confused.

 

“I don’t know.” She sighed. “I was just writing my wishes, you know, to be with TaeTae.”

 

She showed me her wish paper.

 

I wish she knows I love her and that she will love me back.

 

“All of a sudden, that midget just went all berserk on me and tried to destroy my wish!” She continued. “So I fought back!”

 

“What is wrong with her?!” Tiffany let out her frustration.

 

Everything was not making sense to me but before I could say anything, I heard a pair of familiar voices coming straight for us.

 

“NO! She has to know!” Sunny pushed Sooyoung away as she made her way back to Tiffany.

 

I quickly hide my face and turned away from them but remained in my initial position, acting like an innocent passerby.

 

Defeated, Sooyoung helplessly stood behind Sunny to make sure she doesn’t pounce on Tiffany.

 

“How could you do this to Taeyeon? How could you make her someone else’s proxy? Don’t you know what you are to her? Do you even thought about others’ feelings? ” Sunny started bombarding Tiffany with questions. “You just don’t know anything, do you?”

 

My eyes widen at Sunny’s questions. The implications were rather clear. I looked over my shoulder to look at Tiffany’s reactions but this time, it looked like she didn’t need more pushing.

 

She ran straight towards direction where Taeyeon went.

 

Go get her, girl. I thought as I watched my replica go after her love.

 

If only I still have the chance to make things right. My heart clenched at that thought.

 

“That should do it.” Sooyoung spoke and interrupted my thoughts.

 

“Yeah, those two idiots.” Sunny shook her head in reply. “Let’s go see.”

 

YAH, who are you calling idiots? I thought as I glared at Sunny without her knowing but followed the duo anyway.

 

-

 

By the time we found the missing two, it seemed that Tiffany just found Taeyeon as well. Sunny and Sooyoung quickly hid behind the bush and I followed suit, slightly behind Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

“Taeyeon…” Tiffany called out as she approached the girl from the back.

 

“Don’t. Please don’t. Just go.” Taeyeon said without turning around to face Tiffany.

 

Undeterred, Tiffany walked in front of Taeyeon, only to find her eyes redden. The girl was crying and it broke her heart. I knew as it broke mine too.

 

“Taeyeon, why are you crying?” Tiffany managed to ask when she stopped the girl from walking away again.

 

Taeyeon looked away and didn’t answer.

 

Like a reflex, Tiffany raised her hands to wipe Taeyeon’s tears away, only to be hit off by Taeyeon.

 

“Please don’t do this. I can’t do this.” Taeyeon whimpered.

 

Guilt ridden, Tiffany pulled Taeyeon into a hug but Taeyeon started to struggle.

 

“Which part of ‘don’t do this’ do you not understand?” Taeyeon's hurt eyes were replaced with anger. ‘Let me go.”

 

Just as Taeyeon pushed Tiffany’s hands away, Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s face and crashed her lips into Taeyeon’s.

 

Initially shocked, Taeyeon soon recomposed herself and struggled to free herself from the kiss. However, Tiffany had her cornered and grabbed her hands to stop her from struggling. Being overwhelmed by emotions and a stubborn Tiffany, Taeyeon soon stopped struggling and gave in to the kiss.

 

The kiss lasted as long as humanly possible and when T pulled out from the kiss, they both paused to look into each other’s eyes.

 

“W… Why?” Taeyeon stuttered even with a one word question. She was confused by the kiss. It probably didn’t make any sense to her since she thought Tiffany love Jessica yet the emotions Tiffany poured into the kiss said otherwise.

 

“I love you, TaeTae.” Tiffany finally said.

 

“But… But I thought you…”

 

“I love you, Taeyeon.” Tiffany repeated herself firmly, interrupting before Taeyeon could finish.

 

Unconvinced, Taeyeon merely looked at the girl in front of her speechlessly.

 

Sensing her doubt, Tiffany quickly explained herself.

 

“I am sorry for lying. I wanted to confess to you that night but I panicked and… and…” Tiffany didn’t know how to continue.

 

However, she need not continue as she felt soft lips crashed into hers again.

 

No words were longer needed when one kiss and one look can explain everything. 

 

A smile crept up my mouth as I watched everything unfold.

 

Just then, I heard a whisper from the duo in front of me, still hiding behind the bushes.

 

“Ha! I knew it! She just needed a push.” Sunny exclaimed. “I win!”

 

 “Whatever, you still owe me for ignoring me for the whole day.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes and pouted. “If I hadn’t known in advance, I would have thought you are trying to snatch Taeyeon from Tiffany.”

 

“Awwww… someone is jealous!” Sunny smiled and pinched Sooyoung’s cheek. “Come, time to make up to my understanding girlfriend!”

 

"Yeah! I want a real meal!" Sooyoung quickly regained her cheerful side. "By the way, how did you know Tiffany wasn't telling the truth?"

 

"Oh youngie, you are just as clueless as the other two!" Sunny chuckled and gave Sooyoung a peck on the lips. "You just have to know, next time, just trust me. I am always right! Betting against me is just stupid."

 

"Yah! I am not stupid!" Sooyoung pouted again and folded her arms.

 

"Haha, you are so cute!" Sunny grinned widely. "If you are stupid, then I must be a fool. A fool in love with you."

 

This time, Sunny gave Sooyoung a full kiss which gave me the cringe.

 

Afterwhich, they left the place to god-knows-where, leaving me astounded by the actual role Sunny played today.

 

Oh. The realization hit me a little late.

 

I should take down that wish of mine.

 

-

 

A/N:

Haha, turns out its SooSun to the rescue! Lol.

To chochoify: Hmmm, I wonder... *grin*

Thanks again to all! (upvoting, subscribing, commenting or even just reading) =D