The things that you don't have any idea why

Us and This Relationship

“What? You’ll be in Japan for around two weeks?” Kyuhyun shouted as he heard Hyoyeon who was chatting with her boyfriend.

“Ne, waeyo?” she asked and turned to see Kyuhyun.

“What took you so long there? The concert just held for two days then why?” he still whined and frowned upon hearing the news.

“Oh come on, oppa. We held it not only in Arena, we’ll be travel around some another city there. So that’s why it took us a long trip.”

“Maldo andwae.”

Hyoyeon just chuckled seeing her sunbae in his sulking mood. She then turned to see her own boyfriend, and great, now he also sulking.

“Hey, hey, what’s up with you?” she drew closer and propped an elbow on the table, resting her chin on her palm.

“Nothing,” Eunhyuk replied as he averted his gaze somewhere.

“Pfft. Oppa, it should be me who is sulking, not you.”

Eunhyuk stared back at her and raised one of his brow, “Ya! You’re the one who left me!” he offended.

“I’m afraid there will be another photo of you and another hoobae spread like crazy on the internet,” she said. Fear and worry filled her words. Sure that when Eunhyuk and IU scandal spread to the world, both of them were separated because of Soshi in Japan and he was busy in Seoul for about a week.

Eunhyuk realized then took her hand, he squeezed it and looked at her, “I’m sorry.”

Hyoyeon looked back and all she want to say is she indeed worry, she’s not okay, “You don’t have to,” .

 

***

 

Yoona with as usual. Her smiles spread every now and then.

It’s not that the other members protest alright, but seeing her being crazy again is something you won’t to take care okay.

Yoona still grinning when her eyes caught a glimpse of Hyoyeon’s pale face. She came closer and tugged her arm, asking what happened, but Hyoyeon just smiled and mouthed ‘I’m okay’.

Also in the plane, Hyoyeon took the front seat and made the empty chair filled with her bag. Yoona pressed her lips as she was contemplating on going there or not.  She looked around and took notice that the other members were already slept through their packed schedule.

Yoona took a deep breath until she finally decided to go over Hyoyeon’s seat. She was about to call her but fortunately she didn’t, because she saw her unnie already slept. She sighed and looked at the phone on her hand. It showed up a picture. Suddenly curiosity surrounded her, she took the phone neatly and looked over it.

There. The photo of Eunhyuk and IU. NO! Not the one which was popular, but a reporter took the best angle of IU’s face who was staring at Eunhyuk in one of year’s ending event. She swept the screen and another photo came. This time when Eunhyuk with Kara’s Gyuri.

Yoona took a glance at the window then back to the phone. But suddenly, a hand was grabbing it and the next thing she knew she was head to head with two fuming yet sad eyes of her unnie.

“What are you thinking you’re doing, Yoong?” Hyoyeon asked as she clutched on her own phone tightly.

“Unnie,” she answered.

“Just don’t do that again. Leave it and don’t try to make any moves about this.”

“Unnie, is there anything I could do. Please unnie, don’t force yourself.”

“Then do like what I said before. Stay there. Don’t make any moves.”

Yoona stared helplessly at her unnie. She knew that her unnie felt burdened, betrayed and fooled because Eunhyuk never mind to explain all the issues, all the scandals, all the photos.

“You tired, right?” Yoona asked.

“A lot. But don’t worry, I have decided,” she smiled bitterly as she prevent her tears from being fall.

Yoona frowned and waited for her next line.

“As we stepped back in Seoul, there will no Hyohyuk again or Dancing Machine couple again.”

“Unnie! Don’t, please don’t say that—“

“I’ll over it here,” she said calmly and went back on looking outside the window. Yoona who left shocked, finally woke up and sat on the side chair of Hyoyeon’s.

“You’ll regret it, unnie.”

Hyoyeon chuckled at her dongsaeng’s words. She had thought about that, about the risks, about the consequences, “Ya! You should cheer me up, or lastly support my decision!” she sulked.

“For this one, no unnie. I won’t support you.”

 

***

 

The next day, when they got the final rehearsal for tonight’s concert. They gave all day stayed on the venue. Practicing, resting, practicing and perfecting all the steps.

“Yeojadeul ilyeoabwa (girls, come here)!” their manager happily waved his hand, motioning the girls to come closer.

“Mwo?” Taeyeon asked.

“The concert will be held around five hours again. I think you should rest yourself. You can have massage or anything you want. Relaxed, okay?”

“Ne!” all the girls shout together.

When the manager finally left, the girls agreed on having a massage on the hotel. When they on their way towards the van, Hyoyeon’s phone beeped.

Have a time?

She read the message that actually from Eunhyuk then wandered around. Is he crazy? She isn’t in Seoul alright, then why he asked the absurd thing?

I’m on my way back to hotel. Why?

Not long after the message was delivered, her phone ringing and she hesitated at first, but she answered it.

“Hyoyeon-ah, meet me! I’m in the exit door, okay?”

She wanted to say no, who was he? Why is he that stupid? “Okay.” .

 

***

 

They sat on the nearby coffee shop. Just sat. No words came neither from the two. Sometimes she stole a chance to look at him. The one who took her attention since the first day they set up in the same dance class back when they’re still trainees. How could she can be this miss to be back at their previous life, when just ‘liking someone’ not this complicated. When she can freely holding hands without any antis or paparazzi.

And, how can he be this perfect just by crossing the sea just to meet her.

Right. This time.

“Oppa, I have something to say.”

He looked at her and stayed still.

“It had been nine years. I thought both of us got tired, or maybe just me. I mean, we—“

“Finally you figured it out. Don’t you know, why I come here?” he cut her words and he asked back, but Hyoyeon seemed couldn’t find her tongue.

“I think Japan is the best place to be the last place we’re together. Let’s break up,” he finally said and saw the shocked expression from her, but she quickly removed it.

They stood up and decided to go back to Arena stadium.

Along the way, there just silence. No laughs, bickering, cheesy things, even holding hands. It’s all gone.

One step before they reached the back door of the stadium, Eunhyuk stopped and she did too.

He looked at her and grabbed her face, he leaned closer and kissed her.

After a few times, he leaned back and caressed her cheeks, as if it was too hard to believe.

“Let that be our goodbye kiss, okay? You, you have to live good, Hyeoyeon-ah.”

Hyoyeon chuckled and released his hands from her face. ‘Will you take those words if I asked you? Why you make me this stupid?’, “Yeah, you too.” .

He stepped back and his back finally faced her face. The urge to hug him, the urge to say ‘I love you’, the urge to cry, all she wants to do. But, she just stood there. Looked like a fool for once again.

 

***

 

The moment he turned around, he let out a deep sigh. The urge to turn around, the urge to hug her, the urge to say ‘I love you’, all he wants to do. But, he kept walked.

Nine years. Nine years already passed.

He sighed in relief know that they ended it with no tears or the distrust feeling. But, is he really that right? Is she that right? Why not God made it easy?

 

 ***

 

The Japan Tour claimed to be another successful concert of them. They walked back to Seoul with big smile and thousands compliments.

“Girls, I know you want a party for yourself badly, but let it happen tomorrow, because we have to heading to the company, okay?”

“Sirheo!!” all the girls chant like kids knowing the manager said that.

“Quiet! I won’t take your whining. Ahjussi, to the company. Palli!” the manager pretended to harsh and ignored the curses from the girls.

The moment they arrived at the company, they met SHINee members who was finished their comeback with their new album, Dream Girl.

“Noona, congratulations! I heard that your concert came to a success!” Minho beamed as he happily wrapped his hand around Sooyoung’s neck.

“Ya! How come you didn’t come to our concert, huh? Are you that busy now?” Sooyoung faked a sulk as she faced the younger guy.

Minho chuckled and removed his hand, “We have to promote our album, noona. Have you heard that?”

Sooyoung chuckled and nodded her head. She averted her gaze when suddenly there were any noise came from the other lobby.

There were Super Junior members. They seemed tired and most of them wore tank tops. She surely believed they got another tiring rehearsal.

They finally met in the mid of the lobby and exchange the congratulation also the hugs.

 

***

 

SM rooftop became a little noisy that night, the rest of SM artists gathered and held a private party for Soshi concert’s success. They had their times, exchanging stories and played around even the clock had passed 1.00 in the morning.

Eunhyuk came late that night because he had to fix something for their own world tour concert. He looked around and found s laughed happily with another hoobaes. He was on his way towards the members, when his eyes caught her. Sat and holding a little towel on her shoulder.

He came closer and took the glass on her hand, drank the rest of it and placed it back to the table, meanwhile Hyoyeon just looked at him and took the towel on her shoulder. She wiped the sweat on his temple.

“I heard the boys will held SS5, when?” she asked and swept the fringe that covered his handsome face.

“On 23rd of March, will you come?” he asked while comfortably played with his phone.

“I wish,” she answered and took her hand off his face. Eunhyuk looked back at her and smiled, he was ready on his feet and tapped on her shoulder, mouthed ‘I’ll go’.

 

***

 

“Me too. After Hyoyeon unnie said stuffs like that, I smell something wrong between them,” Yoona answering while she was eating on her food. Kyuhyun and Yoona were spending their time in the Starbucks on the ground floor of SM Company.

“But, Yoong-ah, don’t you think the way they act is perfect. I mean, they act like nothings happen when they around us. Look, they still laughing, care each other, and sometimes they’re holding hands,” Kyuhyun said and messed with his girlfriend’s food. He stole one of her kimbab.

Puk!! “Ya! Hajima (don’t do that)!” Yoona shouted as she tried to save her food back. She locked his neck with one arm, but Kyuhyun just laugh and released her hand.

“Right, right, okay I’ll pay it back! What do you want, huh? Tiramisu?”

Just by hearing the name, Yoona’s face lighting up and she nodded vigorously. Kyuhyun who watched it just poked her head and stood up, ready to order the cake.

The bell on the door ringing, and revealing the lifeless Hyukjae. He walked towards the counter and met Kyuhyun. Suddenly, his face showing the opposite side and tapped on Kyuhyun’s shoulder happily. After that he ordered something and headed to the corner of the shop. Sat and his back was facing Yoona.

Yoona frowned when saw the expression. She quickly went to Kyuhyun’s side and tugged his arm.

“What now? Another plate of pasta?” he teased but his girlfriend just smacked his head.

“Ya!” Kyuhyun yelped, but Yoona didn’t reply. She kept on watching Hyukjae’s back. Kyuhyun who was pout because of the ignorance came to curious too, he also looked at his hyung. He heaved a sigh and hauled her towards him.

Yoona who was surprised, tried to stop him, “Oppa, I think not now. Ya Cho Kyuhyun!” but Kyuhyun didn’t even heard her. He kept dragging her and sat in front of him.

Eunhyuk seemed surprised though, but he chuckled at the way Yoona’s face got annoyed.

“What bring you guys here?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Hyung, Yoona here noticed you and Hyoyeon acting weird, what happened?” Kyuhyun blurted out and Yoona just shook her head in disbelief. How can he be this straightforward?

Eunhyuk who heard that came into a shock too. He looked at them for a while before find his tongue back, “You guys are funny.”

“Hyung, you know I don’t like acting, and the way you act is really weird. So, tell us what happened?”

“Ya! You did a lot musical before, you need to act too!”

“Right, let’s change it. I don’t like distraction like the way you did a while ago.”

Eunhyuk finally burst into laughed and kept on laugh until he shed tears, meanwhile the couple just stared at him like he is some weird person.

“Hyung! Are you okay? Ya! Lee Hyukjae!”

The said guy found his way to stop. He fixed his eyes before finally faced them again.

“When you guys have relationship, there will also the time when both of you got tired of each other. Then, here we are. Broke up. It’s already nine years, all the tears, all the misunderstanding, all the tiredness, all come into one. We think it would be the best,” he ended it with a bitter smile.

“You let her go? Is that easy?” Yoona finally asked.

“Until now, it’s not easy. I still miss her around me.”

 

***

 

Yoona and Kyuhyun walked back to the practice room. Along the way they walked in the lobby, they already busied with their own thoughts. They still holding hand though.

“Yoong-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“If that period also meet us later, promise me.”

“Promise you what?”

“Promise me, you’ll back to me, and also I’ll back to you.”

Yoona’s eyes teary up and she hugged him tight, “I’m already worried that stuffs will also meet us, but once I heard your promise, should I believe you?”

“You don’t have to believe me, just know it already be my promise.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : for hyohyuk shippers, see, they're on the line ^^, for the upcoming, I'm still a bit hesitant, but yeah, jamshiman gidaryeo ^^.

comments are loved :)