19

Marriage

You sat up in bed and glanced at the clock; 2:04am. You tried to get some sleep but every time you would close your eyes, those words, that voice from the night before came rushing back to you.

You hugged your knees and played around with your bottom lip. Your hair lop-sided to the left reflecting the unbalance in your heart right now; you were so confused to how you felt about everything, Junhyung, this so-called marriage.

Junhyung lay lazily beside you. You could hear his soft breathing and see his chest rise rhythmically at each breath.

Small cracks of light seeped through the curtains, highlighting his features; his perfect nose, plump lips and curled eye-lashes.

You sighed out softly. You thought back to the first time you had met him. Junhyung had been such a jerk before he began to pursue you. All those times he had kissed you, ‘Stupid hormones, this is all your fault’

You went through all your ‘what ifs’ and ‘maybes’ but it just confused you even more. You sighed in frustration and kicked your legs out.

Junhyung groaned aloud. His eyes slowly opened and looked at you with a quizzical look.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” his voice was deep and cool. Your head shot round to look at him in surprise.

‘Crap’

“Sorry if I woke you, I can’t sleep” you said sheepishly.

Junhyung pulled you down to lay down. His face now hovered over you.

You gulped, hoping this wouldn’t lead to anything because you knew you wouldn’t be able to say no.

“Tell me what’s wrong” Junhyung’s eyes stared deep into yours. You tried to avert your eyes but they would always relent and return the stare.

“There’s nothing wrong…”

Junhyung raised an eyebrow and a quiet reply. He wasn’t convinced and you knew it too, “I can tell that something is bothering you, hell we’ve been married for a while now, it’s not that hard anymore”.

Your face expressed your guiltiness.

Somehow you broke away from him and now stood up beside the bed.

“I’m going to get a drink” you quickly dismissed Junhyung and paced your way down to the kitchen. You sighed out as you leaned on the counter.

Junhyung entered the kitchen. You were startled by his sudden presence and quickly faced away from him and poured out a glass of water for yourself.

You could feel Junhyung standing behind and his eyes laser through you. You slowly drank the water, hoping that it take so long that Junhyung would back down but even you knew that it would never happen.

You carefully placed the glass down and cautiously turned to face him. Junhyung stepped closer and encased his arms around your waist. You looked into his chest; your eyes traced over the thin lines of his tattoo.

“You’re not going to get away this time, now tell me”

Again, you tried to steer away from the subject, “There nothing wrong Junhyung, honestly”

“Oh, then why do I feel that you’re lying” Junhyung lifted up your face. You sighed out again.

“Aiya, you’re so bothersome”

“And you’re a terrible liar, now are you going to tell me or do I have to force it out of you”

You frowned at Junhyung and pressed your forehead against his chest.

“Uh…what…what are we?” you looked up at his face again. Your eyes pierced into his eyes.

Junhyung was taken aback by your question. In all truthfulness, he didn’t really know but he wanted to give you some answer that would stop you from worrying. He scratched the back of his head as he tried to conjure up an answer.

“What are we…,” Junhyung sighed, “I don’t know…”

He looked at your disappointed face and regretted saying so.

“Right…” You removed his grip and walked back to your bedroom.

‘Aish, I should have just kept shut’ Junhyung kicked the air with irritation.  

Junhyung walked into the bedroom and saw your figure lying on the bed. He stepped closer and saw your eyes were closed. His dismissed the thought that you were asleep. Junhyung slipped into bed beside you and tapped your shoulder.

You tried to ignore the persistent tapped but your irritation just grew and grew. You burst and sat up.

“What Junhyung!!”

Junhyung pulled you down on top of him and tucked your hair behind your ear. You tried to get away from him but your brain seemed to ignore all orders.

“I may not know what we are but…you mean a lot to me, ok” Junhyung searched your face for a response.

You gave him a small smile, “Ok…”

“Now will you go to sleep?”

You nodded your head and let Junhyung put his arms around like he always does. You looked up to his sleeping face and smiled before closing your eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody! Sorry if there may be any mistakes, i'll edit later...

it's official, my computor is retarded but i'll update as much as i can before the fatefull day where my computor may just die~

 

Let's play a game! Unscramble these letters to make a 4 worded sentece!

J T U O N H H Y Y L U N R G E I T S T U

[I'll give you a clue becuase I'm nice, one of the words is Junhyung :D]