DaePup is not the brightest

DaePup

Grumble.

I’m hungry again.

Whine.

I’m hungry again and she’s not home yet to feed me.

Whimper, whimper.

I miss her.

“DaeHyun?” called out the evil man that comes between me and my love. “DaeHyun! Here, boy! It’s dinner time!”

Dinner time? I watched him with bated breath as he put my bowl of food on the ground in front of me. My ears drooped at the sight of…dog food. This evil man never gives me delicious food and always gives me these round…bland looking…pellets. What am I, a hamster?! No way I’m going to-

“Good boy! I figured with all the human food MiHyun feeds you, you’d be too spoiled to eat dog food. I guess it’s a good thing you eat pretty much anything in this case,” he praised me with a condescending pat on the head as I finished all the food in front of me. CURSE YOU, HUNGRY STOMACH! I refuse to admit that the food was good. Nope. I want some of that…delicious smelling…whatever it is that he’s making…mmmm…

Sigh.

With a whine, I plopped on the ground and felt my stomach gurgle at the sweet aroma of people food that I wouldn’t be allowed to have until…

My ears perked up as I ran to the door and immediately started barking.

“Oh, is MiHyun home, Dae?” wondered that stupid man as he continued cooking. Well, duh! Of course she’s home! That’s what I’ve been saying! Sheesh, don’t you understand dog?

Right as she opened the door, I charged over and pawed at her legs. She laughed at my antics, petting my head. “My baby Dae! I’ve missed you, too, Sweetie~!” She picked me up and nuzzled my furry stomach. So I returned the favor by her cheek and nuzzling up against her. “Seobang! I’m home!”

“Welcome back, Jagiya~” he greeted as he placed the food on a place before walking over and giving her a quick peck on the lips. She grinned brightly as he cradled her hips in his arms.

“I’M RIGHT HERE, YOU KNOW?!” I barked out as I tried to push that bastard away from MY GIRL.

She laughed, “I think DaeHyun’s getting jealous~ Are you jealous, DaeHyunnie~? You know I love you too~”

“MiHyunnie, you spoil him so much that I get the feeling he hates me because you love him so much,” he joked. You’re damn right about one thing. I don’t like you because you takes my girl’s attention away from me!

…I should have peed on his jacket earlier when I had the chance…

“Don’t be silly, JoonMyeon~ DaeHyunnie loves his Appa~ Right, baby?” she asked me.

“No way!” I answered.

“He says he loves you, too,” MiHyun mistranslated. I slumped in her arms. It when people don’t understand you.

“Okay, why don’t you put DaeHyun down so we can have dinner? I made kimchi fried rice and ordered some chicken,” JoonMyeon suggested while MiHyun put me back on the ground. No! Don’t leave me down here starving! I haven’t had dinner yet…err…I mean dessert!

“Seobang, did you feed Dae yet?”

“Of course I did. So don’t feed him any of your dinner, okay? The veterinarian said that it’s not healthy for dogs to eat human food,” he reminded while he poured the two of them a glass of water for their meal. That damn veterinarian. SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT SHE’S TALKING ABOUT! I’M STARVING HERE!

Quickly enough, the two of them conversed about their day at work as I sat at the foot of the table under MiHyun’s feet.

…I’m getting bored and hungry.

So I pawed at MiHyun’s leg while whimpering softly. I saw her trying to ignore me because she knew she won’t be able to resist when she sees my cute face. But I relentlessly called out for her while preparing my cute face. Ears down, eyes up. No one can resist my puppy dog pout. …except JoonMyeon but that’s because he’s evil.

Finally, she looked down at me. MiHyun bit her lip. A sigh escaped her lips.

She’s totally gonna give me food!

Gimme a scoop of what that loser made! Or, or…a big juicy leg! Yeah! Chicken is always good. Can I have a sip of the bubble tea, too? That looks good. Oh, please, please, please be something good.

She continued talking to JoonMyeon while slipping something under the table.

Yes! Success!

I grabbed it out of her hand with my mouth. It’s…

A bone.

I dropped it and stared at it with a of my head.

…there’s no meat on that.

 

I started chewing on it anyways. I’ll beg her for some more after I finish this. No point in wasting a perfectly good piece of bone.

After a few minutes, I finished the chicken bone and pawed at MiHyun’s leg again.

“Dae, I just gave you something…”

“MiHyun…” JoonMyeon warned with a shake of his head. “You’re spoiling him again! It’s for his own good. You want him to stay around as long as possible, don’t you? It’s not healthy for him to have people food…”

She pouted at him.

“…MiHyun…don’t look at me like that…”

Her head tilted down ever so slightly as she shifted her eyes up at him and pouted once more. JoonMyeon groaned.

“Not you too~ You know I can’t say no if you look at me like that…” he whined as MiHyun blew him a kiss. JoonMyeon hung his head as MiHyun gave me a nice juicy chicken leg. Ha! Take that! I stuck my nose up at JoonMyeon and chewed happily on my well-deserved chicken leg.

Just as I was about to really enjoy my well-deserved chicken leg, it disappeared!

I looked left and right for it. Food doesn’t just disappear like that unless I ate so fast that I didn’t even notice that I ate it. I mean…I was pretty hungry, so it’s possible. But my mouth is not exploding of tasty meat!

…which means there’s only one possibility…

“LEO! WHERE ARE YOU? GIVE ME BACK MY CHICKEN LEG! IT’S MINE!”

But like always, that damn cat can’t be heard or seen. Stupid cat. He thinks he owns the house just because he’s older than me.

“DAMN IT, LEO! GIVE ME BACK MY FOOD! GIVE IT BACK! LEO!”

“DaeHyun, what’s wrong? What’s wrong, Baby?” MiHyun asked, so I turned and gave her another puppy dog pout. I explained to her that Leo is a fat cat and doesn’t deserve my chicken leg that I so painstakingly earned and that I was tired because I had to go yell at Leo again and-

“MiHyun…why do you ask him questions as if he actually knows what you’re saying? You just rile him up…” JoonMyeon reasoned.

“Aww, but look at him!” MiHyun cooed as I continued my tirade about Leo. Was she even listening to me? I’m talking here! “He’s so cute! It’s like he’s actually talking to me! Can I give him another one?”

JoonMyeon sighed as he placed his chin on his hand, “Sometimes I wonder if I’m cooking for you or the dog. Didn’t you just give him a chicken leg? How did he already finish it?”

“Maybe Leo took it from him.”

YES! EXACTLY! So…you’re gonna get rid of him now right? I say throw him outside. Yes. Outside. While it’s raining.

JoonMyeon laughed, “You’d think DaeHyun would learn by now to keep a better eye on his food.”

…shut up, nobody asked you, Jerk. HE’S LIKE A DAMN NINJA! YOU NEVER HEAR HIM COMING!

“Be nice, Jagiya~ DaeHyunnie might be a little slow sometimes, but he’s sensitive. You’ll hurt his feelings.”

I-I-I’m not slow! I’m just…planning! Yes, that’s it! I’m planning my next move! Leo will never see it coming! I can be patient when I want to b-CHICKEN! GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!

“You want it, Dae? Sit!”

Oh, come on. Just give it to me!

“Sit…”

“Come on, DaeHyun. Sit.”

With a huff, I sat my tush on the ground.

“Good boy! Down.”

Whining, I slid down into a laying position. “Can I have it now?”

“Roll over!”

Oh come on!

“Do you want this chicken leg or not?”

Sigh. A disgruntled groan came out as I rolled over.

“Oh, what a good boy! Here you go.”

Yay! Chicken! YOU’RE NOT GETTING IT THIS TIME, LEO!

“DaeHyun! Slow down or you’ll choke!”

GAH! BONE! CAN’T…SWALLOW…BONE…DYING…IT’S THE END FOR ME!

“JoonMyeon! Quick! Get the pliers! I think he’s choking!” MiHyun screamed out.

“This is like…the 5th time he’s done that…you REALLY think he would learn by now…” sighed JoonMyeon as he casually went to get the pliers. WALK FASTER, I’M DYING OVER HERE!

“Myeonnieeeee~!”

“I’m hurrying!”

SERIOUSLY. THIS IS REALLY UNCOMFORTAB-OOF.

A weight suddenly landed on my back. Before I could question what was going on, the weight was gone and so was the bone the bone in my throat. Whatever just bounced on me must have lodged the bone out of my throat. Cool~

“Idiot.”

I glared at Leo, who just shook his head at me and took the bone that was in my throat. Hey! That was mine!

“Oh, Seobang! The bone came out. Leo helped Dae out. Aww~ Isn’t that cute? They’re getting along so well!” MiHyun cheered as JoonMyeon wrapped his arms around her, chuckling.

“I’m pretty sure Dae is trying to get his bone back, Jagiya…” JoonMyeon kissed her cheek. “Leave it to you to pick the two animals that want to eat us out of house and home…”

“Aw, but look how cute they are!”

“I know…that’s how they get you. Little hungry monsters…” With that comment, JoonMyeon made a face and roared at MiHyun, pretending to be a monster trying to eat her. She responded by pretending to be scared and tried to run away from the “monster.” Leo and I watched the two play as we came to the agreement to share the bone. I decided to be the better animal and share the bone. It had nothing to do with the scratch mark that I got on my nose. Nope.

When JoonMyeon finally got a hold of MiHyun, he picked her up and carried her off into their bedroom. We heard lots of giggling and screaming, but alas, we have no power to stop the tyrant from harming our (Leo: your/Dae: oh, don’t lie, you know you love her too) princess because that horrible monster has once again closed the door on us.

“You think she’ll come out any time soon to feed us? I’m getting kinda hungry again…”

“You’re hopeless.”

 


 

LOL. WTF DID I JUST WRITE?! XDD

ENJOY WHATEVER THE HELL I JUST DID.

How I imagine these guys:

Suho

DaeHyun

Leo

You're welcome.

:)